Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,517,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What planet do you live on? Irish is a nationality,....
"The Irish people (Irish: Muintir na hÉireann or Na hÉireannaigh) are a nation and ethnic group native to the island of Ireland,..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 12:51 PM

17,416 posts, read 11,418,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"The Irish people (Irish: Muintir na hÉireann or Na hÉireannaigh) are a nation and ethnic group native to the island of Ireland,..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people
You just keep shooting yourself in the foot. No where does this say they are a race.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:54 PM

17,416 posts, read 11,418,284 times
Quote:
i leave it to others to debate etymology/translation but the thing that i want to make clear is that the organization "La Raza Lawyers of San Diego" is not part of ""The La Raza National Council".

i found it odd that even the OP's link points out this fact after making it seem as if the judge was part of LRNC.
It doesn't change anything. "The Race Lawyers of San Diego", by definition promotes a race. You can't call yourself "The Race Anything" without giving the impression of being racist. The fact that they may not Officially be part of the national group is meaningless since they promote the same thing and have the same name.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,504,782 times
Let's frame it this way/get off the definition of race/etc. as we are getting away from the main point here.

What if a white judge belonged to a group that was proud of his race and was to try a latino? I have a feeling many on the other side would be crying "foul!!" big time.

I'm all for people being proud of their heritage, race, whatever but let's keep this on an even playing field as I know for sure my example above would cause major outrage if the roles were reversed as I outlined above.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 PM

27,772 posts, read 16,288,988 times
Conflict of interest. Should excuse himself if he has any honor. The race"..pfft fn joke

Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,147,016 times
Quote:
i leave it to others to debate etymology/translation but the thing that i want to make clear is that the organization "La Raza Lawyers of San Diego" is not part of ""The La Raza National Council".

i found it odd that even the OP's link points out this fact after making it seem as if the judge was part of LRNC.
Point taken, BUT THERE IS NO DEBATE about the etymology.

None. It is a well known fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Raza_C%C3%B3smica

In that light, it doesn't matter if they are affiliated or no. We would not forgive a judge being a member of a hypothetical "national teutonic council" because they are not associated with neo-Nazis. We would know what it meant and reject it.

I serioulsy hate Trump, but if this judge does not recuse himself, it is yet another in a growing number of reasons that I will indeed vote for him. This crap has gone too far.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,286,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What you're saying is: people are free to spend money however they want to spend it. If they fall for a sales pitch, so be it.

By that standard, you can't fault the Clinton Foundation then; it's not doing anything other than to take money from people who are free to spend it however they want to.
I dont fault the Clinton Foundation, I just call out the left for their hypocritical stance on attacking everyone else and then making excuses and ignoring the exact same thing from Democrats.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:03 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,185,205 times
Quote:
You have a high opinion of Trump's agitators. I don't find it odd at all.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,273,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Hardly, in fact it's just the opposite.

No. Think.

You just said people shouldn't lump illegals with legals. Well, the judge is obviously a legal citizen, so the very assumption that he thinks like an illegal (against Trump) is debunked.... using your logic.

But of course, the judge also supports La Raza, but again, you said we shouldn't lump together both legals and illegals; so the fact that he supports La Raza should not be taken as an automatic assumption that he supports illegals.

Hence, using your logic, it also debunks this thread.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,587,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If NC State guaranteed qualified instructors and classes but instead hired jewelry salesman who failed to respond to your requests for information and materials and didn't show up as promised to supervise lab work, then your "degree" is worthless and yes you have grounds to pursue legal options against them.
don't confuse Trump fans with logic and rational thinking, they've got their minds made up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections