Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 06:44 PM

1,050 posts, read 702,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If the Judge was so biased, why the hell would he delay the trial until after the election? It would have been most entertaining to watch Mr. Trump lie, I mean, testify on the stand during the election season.

Ya know, I think we need to boycott the Carolina Panthers, because clearly they advocate a militant black power movement . . . . like the Black Panthers. Duh.

Mick
If he is delaying it, it could be because he wants it hanging over Trump's head--maybe he's milking it for all the bad press it might be worth.

If he were to go through the trial now, perhaps it would be found to have no merit and be wrapped up quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,113,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Trump was spouting off again today in an interview about how the judge is biased against him because the judge's parents were Mexican immigrants.
Trump himself apparently believes no Latino can stand to be in the same room with him without puking.
Is stuff like this that will make most Hispanics vote against him

Old 06-02-2016, 07:19 PM

24,811 posts, read 13,190,302 times
"It comes to light from LawNewz that the law firm Robbins Geller appointed by Judge Gonzalo Curiel to represent a plaintiff in the Trump University class action suits has another connection to Hillary Clinton beyond a $2700 campaign contribution from firm chairman Darren Robbins."

"It seems that Robbins Geller “paid the Clintons nearly half a million dollars in less than a year.” Why? Speeches of course.

That’s right. One of the law firms picked by the Judge in the Trump University case — the very Judge Donald Trump accuses by name of anti-Trump bias — awarded this firm the case after — say again after — Hillary and Bill Clinton had been paid a cool $450,000 for two speeches by the firm."
Trump University Plaintiff Law Firm Paid Clintons $450,000 for Speeches | The American Spectator

"Last Friday, U.S. District Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel, a leftist with a heavy bias against presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, gave an order to release several documents pertaining to Trump University.

Yesterday, after the liberal media and Democrat machine had surfed through every nook and cranny of the published files, the judge removed the online documents, claiming that he had “mistakenly” had them released, according to Breitbart."
SHOCK: Trump Univ. Judge Humiliated After Having to Undo His Own Ruling

Old 06-02-2016, 07:29 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Which group do you think Trump and his spokespersons think this judge belongs to?
Fact is, he belongs to neither.

It is quite telling that you yourself omitted the group that he does belong to - Latinos that were BORN here.
Or do you think that there are none?
You mean anchor babies?

Old 06-02-2016, 07:34 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,522,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"It comes to light from LawNewz that the law firm Robbins Geller appointed by Judge Gonzalo Curiel to represent a plaintiff in the Trump University class action suits has another connection to Hillary Clinton beyond a $2700 campaign contribution from firm chairman Darren Robbins."
Really? Judges appoint plaintiff's lawyers?

Old 06-02-2016, 07:37 PM

63,498 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Trump was spouting off again today in an interview about how the judge is biased against him because the judge's parents were Mexican immigrants.
Trump himself apparently believes no Latino can stand to be in the same room with him without puking.

Why the spin? Trump objected to the judge not based on his Mexican parents but because he is a member of a group that defends and supports illegal aliens and felt he would be biased against him for his anti-illegal immigration stance. Why is that so hard to understand? The fact that he is from Mexican roots isn't just a coincidence you know. I wish people would stop making things up as they go along in here. Anything to bash Trump, right?

Old 06-02-2016, 07:38 PM

63,498 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Is stuff like this that will make most Hispanics vote against him

No, it's because he wants to deport their illegal amigos and rightly so!

Old 06-02-2016, 08:20 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,531,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The fact that he is from Mexican roots isn't just a coincidence you know.
IIRC the judge was assigned to this case in 2010 or 2013, long before trumps current statements on illegal immigration. so... what exactly is the connection?

Old 06-02-2016, 08:25 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,931,555 times
I think I'm going to sue my kids schools as they had to deal with bad teachers in the past and we were promised great teachers and great education!

I guess we have to sue the private schools and public schools which means the government for failing to put all great teachers in front of the class room (of course aside from the great teachers my kids also had).

Than we have to sue my kids Universities and liberal professors who told them some liberal lies.

On top of that I have to sue the schools we attended in our youth for everything we didn't learn and for which my parents had to pay!

OMG what do people think who bought into the Trump story to attend his University... Trump is a business man and just as anyone who is selling a specific course based on a celebrity name is buying part of that success story.

Anyone attending an Ivy League school may get a better education but part of it is paying for the Iy league name and able to use the name for which you have to pay more money.

This lawsuit will be dead and I can't see any jury finding Trump guilty.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:41 PM

3,714 posts, read 5,036,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think I'm going to sue my kids schools as they had to deal with bad teachers in the past and we were promised great teachers and great education!

I guess we have to sue the private schools and public schools which means the government for failing to put all great teachers in front of the class room (of course aside from the great teachers my kids also had).

Than we have to sue my kids Universities and liberal professors who told them some liberal lies.

On top of that I have to sue the schools we attended in our youth for everything we didn't learn and for which my parents had to pay!

OMG what do people think who bought into the Trump story to attend his University... Trump is a business man and just as anyone who is selling a specific course based on a celebrity name is buying part of that success story.

Anyone attending an Ivy League school may get a better education but part of it is paying for the Iy league name and able to use the name for which you have to pay more money.

This lawsuit will be dead and I can't see any jury finding Trump guilty.
I can. If the teachers he promised don't have the experience he claimed then he will lose this suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections