Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,126,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I love how Trump supporters DEMAND evidence and dismiss these allegations of fraud, YET they were more than happy to smear Ted Cruz with lies about stealing votes from Trump and Carson in Iowa, when not a single caucus goer has come forward to claim they were defrauded out of their Trump/Carson vote by the Cruz campaign!

Hypocrisy is running high in Trumpland!!
I've never said anything about Cruz stealing votes. In fact, I've only ever said that Cruz leans too far to the right for me.

I haven't dismissed anything, I said we'll see what happens in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those surveys were already evaluated and they were not credible. The survey was completed after the initial sales pitch and not at the end of the course. It's clear that their purpose was to be used as a defense if need.
We'll see how it plays out in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 02:07 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,999,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
He used bait-and-switch tactics to lure the vulnerable into lofty promises. He's doing the same with all the millions of vulnerable citizens he's convinced using the same type of tactics that he will Make America Great Again. How dumb can so many Americans be?
Trump University was the prototype. America will be full production

Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

You can read one of the actual lawsuits here: Cohen v Trump
Thank you for the link.

I know the Trump supporters will dismiss this, but does anyone not drinking the Koolaid think this:

We're going to have professors and adjunct professors that are absolutely terrific. Terrific people. Terrific brains. Successful. The best. We are going to have the best of the best. And, honestly, if you don't learn from them, if you don't learn from me, if you don't learn from the people that we're going to be putting forward, and these are all people that are handpicked by me, then, you're just not gonna make it in terms of the world of success. And that's okay, but you're not gonna make it in terms of success.

- transcript of from Trump University main promotional video

Isn't that the same rhetoric Trump used about his health care plan?

On Obamacare:

TRUMP: Repeal and replace with something terrific.

https://politicalwire.com/2015/07/30...h-care-system/

Or in response to a question from Sean Hannity about who he would put in his cabinet, Trump said:

"Warren Buffett is a terrific guy and a very common-sense person. I mean, Warren is a very common-sense person. That's how he makes the money: with common sense — smart, but common sense. You take some of these great minds that we have, nobody can beat us," he said.

Donald Trump: Warren Buffett is the sort of guy I'd hire as president - Business Insider

Old 03-04-2016, 02:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times
Quote:
Thank you for the link.

I know the Trump supporters will dismiss this, but does anyone not drinking the Koolaid think this:

We're going to have professors and adjunct professors that are absolutely terrific. Terrific people. Terrific brains. Successful. The best. We are going to have the best of the best. And, honestly, if you don't learn from them, if you don't learn from me, if you don't learn from the people that we're going to be putting forward, and these are all people that are handpicked by me, then, you're just not gonna make it in terms of the world of success. And that's okay, but you're not gonna make it in terms of success.

- transcript of from Trump University main promotional video

Isn't that the same rhetoric Trump used about his health care plan?

On Obamacare:

TRUMP: Repeal and replace with something terrific.

https://politicalwire.com/2015/07/30...h-care-system/

Or in response to a question from Sean Hannity about who he would put in his cabinet, Trump said:

"Warren Buffett is a terrific guy and a very common-sense person. I mean, Warren is a very common-sense person. That's how he makes the money: with common sense — smart, but common sense. You take some of these great minds that we have, nobody can beat us," he said.

Donald Trump: Warren Buffett is the sort of guy I'd hire as president - Business Insider
Those are the same words he uses about everything he says he's going to do. Most of us know a scam when we hear one but apparently a large portion of the Kool-Aid drinkers do not.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol....He ADMITTED he gave people their money back. People don't ask for refunds on good products. They ask for their money back when they find out they bought a lousy product.

Trump ran a bait and switch scam. Most con artists do at one time or another.
He admitted at his deposition that he had no idea his "hand picked" instructors included a felon who had absolutely ZERO real estate knowledge.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-w...n-depositions/

Poor Trump, HE'S the real victim!

Last edited by eye state your name; 03-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: adding link

Old 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,873,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is where you have to go:

Home Page

The case is political and opportunistic.

Here you will see video of the lead plaintiff Tarla Makaeff
right after the seminar saying how great it was and she
was being mentored and looking into a property.
Here you will see the vast majority of Trump seminar students
who gave high ratings - all stored in .pdf files.
Anyone thinking any school with the name on it of a famous person will just make a career happen is in lalaland. You need to have IT to implement what is taught. Therefore the entire lawsuit sounds like B.S. as we see all the time new agents and there are ones that will be good and ones with the same course who will never make it in the business.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Anyone thinking any school with the name on it of a famous person will just make a career happen is in lalaland. You need to have IT to implement what is taught. Therefore the entire lawsuit sounds like B.S. as we see all the time new agents and there are ones that will be good and ones with the same course who will never make it in the business.

If the suit was BS, it would have been dismissed early on. Legal Punditry Fail.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:06 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,624,096 times
Quote:
Trump retaliated against Makaeff for filing the suit (called Anti-SLAPP) which was soundly dismissed and Trump was forced to pay Makaeff $700K for damages and attorneys fees.
well whaddya know ? !

Good for her, she finally has enough money to buy real estate now.
Maybe if the people taking the seminar and looking to learn more
about making money in real estate actually, you know, HAD ANY MONEY
to buy real estate with before taking the courses it would have, you know,
worked for them.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:14 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,609,064 times
Trump University vs University Of Phoenix customer experience @ Pissed Consumer

You know... you have to blame the people who were "scammed", too. I mean, you want a diploma from some place and you are looking for a job, so why on god's green earth would you trust a place called Trump University? It was never even accredited! It never conferred college credit!
I mean, doesn't your local and legitimate community college which is accredited offer job training, college credits, and affordable tuition? What about online schools with low tuition that are all over the country? As far as real estate schools go, many small, legitimate schools - including community colleges - offer real estate licensing courses. If you go to the real estate commission's website in your state, it lists which programs are acceptable towards a license!
People need to take responsibility for their actions too. Trump University, Ha! What's next? Giving money to a psychic to read your palm and then suing?

Old 03-04-2016, 05:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,320,965 times
Quote:
He admitted at his deposition that he had no idea his "hand picked" instructors included a felon who had absolutely ZERO real estate knowledge.

Trump acknowledged Trump University flaws in depositions | The Seattle Times

Poor Trump, HE'S the real victim!
I have to say, that when Megyn Kelly told him his university had a D minus with the BBB, I have never seen a look like that on Trump's face. He looked surprised, crestfallen and stunned, like he just couldn't believe it.

I think he is so removed physically and psychologically from his failures, in addition to being surrounded by 'yes' men, that he really believed the university had an 'A' rating.

You know he had people scouring the country for people who liked the course to prove everyone wrong. He cannot ever ever accept that he is wrong, or that something attached to his name, sucked.

Obviously he needs a jolt of reality every now and then to make him understand he's not a god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections