Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 12:53 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,241,369 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) issued the following statement today regarding the 2016 presidential election:

“Here’s my message to the Republican Party leaders: Focus more on listening to the American people and less on trying to stifle their voice."

“What’s happening in the Republican primary is the result of two things: the fecklessness and ineptness of the Washington establishment in failing to address the big issues facing our country and years of anger with the overreach of the Obama administration. And to be candid, I think the American people should be angrier than they are.”

Senator Corker has not endorsed a candidate in this election.

This was posted on Trump's page. I'm glad there are people within the Republican party who are standing up for a fair Democratic process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 12:55 PM

207 posts, read 119,888 times
Well, there goes this guy's career in the Republican party! He's making too much sense.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:58 PM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
His voice falls on deaf ears...they are squirmming, b/c they fear the end of their greed and powerful reign...

and yes, People are angry, and Trump has given that anger voice...I've never seen so many people as in these forum walls come out in the open with their true feelings, and that I'm very proud of.

You can only fool the people so long

no one seems to know how to do whats right any more!

Old 03-04-2016, 01:13 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,241,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
Well, there goes this guy's career in the Republican party! He's making too much sense.
This may be the beginning of a new Republican party. We needed an outlier like Trump to wake people up.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:19 PM

207 posts, read 119,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
This may be the beginning of a new Republican party. We needed an outlier like Trump to wake people up.
I'm all for it...been underwhelmed for quite a while now. The party has been hijacked by those who are not true conservatives.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) issued the following statement today regarding the 2016 presidential election:

“Here’s my message to the Republican Party leaders: Focus more on listening to the American people and less on trying to stifle their voice."

“What’s happening in the Republican primary is the result of two things: the fecklessness and ineptness of the Washington establishment in failing to address the big issues facing our country and years of anger with the overreach of the Obama administration. And to be candid, I think the American people should be angrier than they are.”

Senator Corker has not endorsed a candidate in this election.

This was posted on Trump's page. I'm glad there are people within the Republican party who are standing up for a fair Democratic process.
Just to let you know and if you spent time reading anything other than the Trump propaganda no one would have to tell you this: There are plenty of GOP leaders that are saying very similar things. That doesn't mean they are or will support Trump. It was also pointed out the other day, most of the blame for nothing getting done in DC is being blamed on the Republicans. Many Republicans are frustrated and should be, but more blame lies with Obama. Not to mention it is easy to think we know the answers to the country problems but when it comes to how the system works we have little real knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections