Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:20 PM

25,983 posts, read 22,181,380 times

Advertisements

I overheard a story about Cruz losing the Evangelicals that he thought he had locked in and so did some googling on opinions. My personal opinion is that the deceitfulness of his campaign has turned many moral individuals toward him.

This is an article that I think nails it down, I mean, do you want a minister or a POTUS that will protect our citizens?

Charles Krauthammer: Evangelicals leave Cruz for Trump - Omaha.com: Opinion

And, another source: Why Ted Cruz is losing evangelicals to Donald Trump | MSNBC

Obviously, I consider Ted Cruz pure poison for our country. Is is critical that church and state remain separate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 06:25 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,640,701 times
A lot of people also believe he's a closeted homosexual.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I overheard a story about Cruz losing the Evangelicals that he thought he had locked in and so did some googling on opinions. My personal opinion is that the deceitfulness of his campaign has turned many moral individuals toward him.

This is an article that I think nails it down, I mean, do you want a minister or a POTUS that will protect our citizens?

And, another source: Why Ted Cruz is losing evangelicals to Donald Trump | MSNBC

Obviously, I consider Ted Cruz pure poison for our country. Is is critical that church and state remain separate.

Because people outside of Texas know little about Ted Cruz, other than he didn't go to Washington to get along with the establishment and No One in Washington Likes him. Wasn't that the point?
They think he is a bought and paid for politician. He bucked the system here and put the establishment chosen one in his place. The Dewhurst v. Cruz race, is playing out exactly as this Primary race is. Only it was establishment on the other side, not a bait & switch flexible salesman. There was a runoff, once the field was narrowed, and Cruz overwhelmed Dewhurst, the chosen establishment.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:36 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,848,162 times
I think the bigger question is, why are evangelicals voting FOR Trump.

Especially when this guy is a supporter of his:

The 18 craziest tweets by Robert Morrow, newly elected chairman of Travis County Republican Party - San Antonio Express-News

Old 03-08-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because people outside of Texas know little about Ted Cruz, other than he didn't go to Washington to get along with the establishment and No One in Washington Likes him. Wasn't that the point?
They think he is a bought and paid for politician. He bucked the system here and put the establishment chosen one in his place. The Dewhurst v. Cruz race, is playing out exactly as this Primary race is. Only it was establishment on the other side, not a bait & switch flexible salesman. There was a runoff, once the field was narrowed, and Cruz overwhelmed Dewhurst, the chosen establishment.
Exactly!

Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 PM

179 posts, read 123,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I've lived in Texas over 20 years, and never heard of him until just prior to the Presidential election.

I don't like him, and at a visceral level. He's just "wrong" somehow. Short, and despite the suit you can tell his flabby. Small hands, I bet he hasn't done manual labor in his entire life. I was mowing the grass just this afternoon and thinking about Cruz, and why I don't like him, and the thought occurred to me that he's probably never mowed his own grass, ever.

I don't like men that don't do their own yardwork, or change their own oil. It's a man thing.

And he has a small, girlish mouth too. He just seems wrong to me, and I really can't place it. It's not his faith so much, because I've learned that most people of faith are very respectful about not pushing it on others. It's usually the new converts that are the insufferable zealots.

Oh, and I have to post this YouTube video. It clearly illustrates why I don't like Evangelicals. They're weird.

https://youtu.be/Tr0UpQXYkGs

Old 03-08-2016, 06:49 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,853,512 times
Succinctly, even the Evangelicals are fed up.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,709,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
I've lived in Texas over 20 years, and never heard of him until just prior to the Presidential election.
You live in TX and didn't know about Cruz? You didn't bother to vote in the election that made him your own senator? Then, you deserve the 'establishment' that you got, and have no business trying to tear it down.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:09 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,999,386 times
I'm surprised Ted won Texas, everyone I know does not like him. I also was reading up on a story of voter fraud out here. People were casting their ballot for Trump but when they finalized it, the vote went to Rubio....

Old 03-09-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Maybe you should ask the latest Trump endorser. Trump was deeply honored by the endorsement, so maybe Gallups can explain why he endorses Trump and what makes the endorsement so honorable.

Donald Trump: "Great Honor" To Be Endorsed By Sandy Hook Truther | Research | Media Matters for America

Donald Trump's campaign has been relying on the support of Carl Gallups, a Florida-based pastor and radio host, ahead of the state's March 15 Republican primary; the campaign invited Gallups to speak at a rally and touted his endorsement as a "great honor" from a "prominent" leader.

Here is what the "prominent" leader, who "honored" Trump with an endorsement preaches:

Did Jesus condemn homosexuality?

Hickory Hammock Baptist Church - Bible Truth about Homosexuality

Hey Trump supporters that smear Cruz for being a Southern Baptist and calling his religion a cult.

Are you happy that Trump is HONORED to be endorsed by the Pastor of the Hickory Hammock Baptist Church?

Hickory Hammock Baptist Church - Bible Truth about Homosexuality

Your chickens are coming home....to roost!

But wait, what's this??

Trump disavows Sandy Hook

“The campaign was not aware of this individual’s personal views, which we do not share or support,” said Hicks, who is from Greenwich.

Is that a flippy-flop? Should I start a thread about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections