Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,088,613 times

Advertisements

MSM are licking their chops at the prospects of a brokered convention.

Excerpt: "Mr. Trump earned $400 million worth of free media last month, about what John McCain spent on his entire 2008 presidential campaign. Paul Senatori, mediaQuant’s chief analytics officer, says that Mr. Trump “has no weakness in any of the media segments” — in other words, he is strong in every type of earned media, from television to Twitter.

Over the course of the campaign, he has earned close to $2 billion worth of media attention, about twice the all-in price of the most expensive presidential campaigns in history. It is also twice the estimated $746 million that Hillary Clinton, the next best at earning media, took in. Senator Bernie Sanders has earned more media than any of the Republicans except Mr. Trump."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/up...one-share&_r=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 02:36 PM

30,550 posts, read 23,972,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
MSM are licking their chops at the prospects of a brokered convention.

Excerpt: "Mr. Trump earned $400 million worth of free media last month, about what John McCain spent on his entire 2008 presidential campaign. Paul Senatori, mediaQuant’s chief analytics officer, says that Mr. Trump “has no weakness in any of the media segments” — in other words, he is strong in every type of earned media, from television to Twitter.

Over the course of the campaign, he has earned close to $2 billion worth of media attention, about twice the all-in price of the most expensive presidential campaigns in history. It is also twice the estimated $746 million that Hillary Clinton, the next best at earning media, took in. Senator Bernie Sanders has earned more media than any of the Republicans except Mr. Trump."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/up...one-share&_r=1
Just goes to show you that Trump knows how to save money while the rest of them blow huge chunks of it, and the majority get nothing in return.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:51 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Just goes to show you that Trump knows how to save money while the rest of them blow huge chunks of it, and the majority get nothing in return.
OR it shows that other candidates refuse to utter chit like Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, blacks are criminals, that face, so on, to get airtime. Leaving so much free money on the table for what? Decency?Fools, eh?

Mick

Old 03-15-2016, 02:54 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,747,433 times
Trump knows what he's doing, the others don't have a clue !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2016, 02:58 PM

17,601 posts, read 9,385,857 times
It's been amazing to watch. Trump has managed to make Lobby Money irrelevant. I bet the Lobbyists HATE that.
The Campaign Industry certainly hates it. PAC's and the Millions of dollars they generate for the people who run them ..... NADA with Trump. He has no PAC, nobody he owes money or favors to. No George Soros, No Warren Buffett, no Penny Pritzer, no Marlene Ricketts (she is funding the anti-Trump PACs) no Ambassadorships he must give away to Socialites, no Actors he must give Taxpayer paid TAX Exemptions to, no Money Bundlers who get favors or Energy Money for Scam Businesses.

Nothing more dangerous in Politics that a person that isn't Bought & Paid for. I have many doubts about Donald Trump on many levels because he is totally outside of Politics - that means he has to get REALLY good people around him and he needs to be a VERY quick study. Not Easy - it's Obama's biggest failure.
On the other hand -- I really admire the way he handles the media, the way he is not afraid of anyone, the way he doesn't mind showing his authenticity. I LOVE the fact that he is not Bought & Paid for.

The Media is licking their chops over a Convention Battle both for Ratings and because it will be suicide for the GOP if Trump goes into that Convention with a strong plurality and the Political Elites decide to dis-enfranchise all the people that voted for Trump. That won't be me - he was my 4th choice, but it's WRONG to steal the vote from those who voted for a candidate after the Political Elite spends MANY Millions and a TON of air-time and interviews AGAINST a Candidate.

it very bad form

Old 03-15-2016, 03:08 PM

30,550 posts, read 23,972,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
OR it shows that other candidates refuse to utter chit like Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, blacks are criminals, that face, so on, to get airtime. Leaving so much free money on the table for what? Decency?Fools, eh?

Mick
Whatever, he got free air time. He got multiple interviews to state what he wanted to state. He got everyone talking about him, and he didn't spend a single dime.

You don't have to like Trump, I don't care either way, but you can't deny that he played the media every step of the way. He knew what he was doing...he called them dishonest, the worst, horrible, and the media ate it up and fell over themselves to give him more air time.

They got a ton of money, Trump got free advertising.

The others? Not so much.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:33 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,930,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump knows what he's doing, the others don't have a clue !!!!!!!!!!!!!
DITO on the NO CLUE...

TRUMP is brilliant - imagine a business man like him running our country!!!!!

TRUMP 2016

Old 03-15-2016, 03:37 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,161,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Mick, I figured you to be more informed than that. I guess that I was wrong.

Trump did NOT say all Mexicans are rapists. Nor did he say all Muslims were terrorists. I thought you knew all this. Or maybe you did, and this is another failed attempt by you trying to be witty. Which is it?

Old 03-15-2016, 03:47 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,747,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Trump did NOT say all Mexicans are rapists. Nor did he say all Muslims were terrorists. I thought you knew all this. Or maybe you did, and this is another failed attempt by you trying to be witty. Which is it?
It could have been both !!! A half hearted attempt at being informed and witty. Or half informed, witty by half !!! We need to love the bipolar too. They can be for us one moment and against us the next. We love you Mick. You are the very example that best represents America today. Equally divided and still beautiful. WE love you !!!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:57 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

See, what's comical is that Mr. Trump's supporters genuinely believe that he was referring to just illegals from Mexico. First of all, women and children are illegal immigrants, too. Disgusting rapists. Moreover, are we to believe that a country seeks out, and selectively "sends", illegal immigrants who are rapists to the US? There is absolutely no evidence of that. Bottom line: the illegals are a subset of all Mexicans . . . . you can't pick and choose. If you want to parse through his inarticulate language to artificially delineate the difference, that's your choice but common sense always prevails.

I don't try to be witty, though it can't hurt for you to give it a shot. They do say that you can't get a hit if you don't take a swing. Try it some time . . . . I am your biggest fan.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections