Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 AM

17,436 posts, read 11,461,263 times

Advertisements

The Kasich supports never want to talk about the open borders because they live in Ohio where illegals are not a big issue and do not have large populations there. In a few years when nothing changes regarding this and it does become a big problem in Ohio and other non southern border states, they'll regret it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:48 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trump will then run as an independent because the RNC would be breaking their pledge. He will use their opposition to him the past months as proof they were not staying neutral and honoring the agreement.
That would cost at least $100 million based on Perot's bid, though some could be raised from his supporters. Mr. Trump is infamous for being careful with his money. And he cannot possibly win when he splits the Republican vote with the establishment candidate. So, a smart businessman like Mr. Trump would never blow that kind of money on something so futile.

Instead, I think it's much more likely that he would tell his supporters to stay at home or even vote for Hillary. Or to go write in his name (again, a sure loser for the GOP and Mr. Trump).

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 05:50 AM

35,862 posts, read 21,277,480 times
he has a chance-- let see what Anonymous comes up with for Trumpy April 1?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 AM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trump will then run as an independent because the RNC would be breaking their pledge. He will use their opposition to him the past months as proof they were not staying neutral and honoring the agreement.
No, they wouldn't. They never promised him the nomination. In fact, the RNC promised him very little.

Trump isn't stupid. Going rogue won't get him elected with 2 contenders against him, and he knows it. It has never worked in our history this late in the game.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:13 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Does Kasich think he is in starring role of House of cards?

How can he claim to be next President by winning one state?
How can you get to be a winner without visualizing yourself as the winner? Is is possible that sane people will vote for him in greater numbers, now that he is getting some attention by the media, given the other choices.

Even trump's 'big win' in Florida last night was at less than half of the republican vote, and also said more about their unhappiness with Rubio's representation of them than it did about support for trump.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:17 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Does Kasich think he is in starring role of House of cards?

How can he claim to be next President by winning one state?
I suspect this is mumbo jumbo positive thinking? Maybe a weakness in his math skills? Can't take a hint that the American people don't want him a POTUS? Maybe he is just stupid? It doesn't look like there would be a positive answer to your question, so he needs to just get out of the way for the man the people want, Trump 2016!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:38 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Kasich says tonight that he will be next President of USA - How is this possible
He knows it won't happen through democratic elections, so it is counting on brokered convention. The votes cast by "we the people" will be thrown in the garbage and party elite will nominate the candidate instead.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:41 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,629,048 times
It's almost as bad as Cruz's talk of how "we are the only party who has defeated Donald Trump time and time again!" Really Ted?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:53 AM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Kasich has no chance of winning. If they hand him the nomination after only winning a few states (And when I say "a few", I'm being generous), nobody is going to come out to vote for him.

I don't see enough of a difference between a Clinton presidency and a Kasich presidency to cast my vote for someone that the voters didn't want in the first place.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:00 AM

5,309 posts, read 6,269,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Kasich has no chance of winning. If they hand him the nomination after only winning a few states (And when I say "a few", I'm being generous), nobody is going to come out to vote for him.

I don't think huge numbers will come out to vote for Kasich but the number of people who vote against Hillary if given a more palatable candidate is immense. Against Trump Hillary benefits from an anti-Trump vote, against Kasich she actually has to give people a reason to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections