Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 11:30 AM

220 posts, read 188,508 times

Advertisements

without Trump the ratings would take a nose dive anyway. Nobody wants to watch a Cruz & Kasich snore fest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 11:30 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A debate after a candidate drops out should be expected. What JAMS14 above said---"Yeah, he's going to handle ISIS and Putin and China and all the real problems in the world without breaking a sweat, but 'biased' commentators are too much for him."---is absolutely true and telling. If Trump can't even handle the brutal pace and being under the microscope of a campaign, he doesn't have what it takes to be a president where the pace is twice what is expected of candidates and his every move is under a microscope.
Pfft.....debates are so we can learn about candidates positions. We already know them, so what's the point now? Face it...you just want another ambush for your own Trump hating entertainment, and Fox wants the ratings and advertising $$$.

As for not being able to handle the brutal pace of a campaign, where have you been????? The man is a dynamo. I don't know where he gets all his energy. It's impressive.

Trump has other fish to fry and the other two candidates are more than welcome to debate without him. But now Kasich isn't going, so I guess according to your analysis he's a coward and "unable to handle the brutal pace and being under the microscope".

Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I bet Cruz plans to go by himself and have a 2 hour question and answer session.
I am sure he could fill 2 hours talking about his vision for OUR country, a Christian theocracy.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:33 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,369,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Heard Kasich has backed out now. Follow the leader?
Kasich heard that it's now a two-man race and is raising his hand and say oh, oh, is the second man me??

Bzzzt. Sorry John, but thanks so much for playing.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:34 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Good, it's getting very old. Each one spouts the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.....oh, and over and over.....

Various general statement how wonderful they are mixed in with half truths/zingers. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am sure he could fill 2 hours talking about his vision for OUR country, a Christian theocracy.
Ha! Funny. They guy comes across as very smug/arrogant in my view. No wonder he doesn't get along with the vast majority of people in the senate/congress.

And has anyone woken up yet to the track record of smooth/slick talkers that many people seem to still be so impressed with?

Old 03-16-2016, 11:36 AM

8,116 posts, read 6,814,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Reason? Cruz is a masterdebater......
Oh...that poor hand of his...

Old 03-16-2016, 11:36 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
After he was called out on his misstatements on SO many issues at the last debate, do you blame him? Why put his ineptitude out there for all to see one more time?

The man is bogus...

Old 03-16-2016, 11:37 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He's up by a lot, it's the smart move.
Unless the state is a close race and he isn't doing enough stump speeches...

Old 03-16-2016, 11:40 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,629,048 times
Fox News just canceled the debate! Haha. No Trump = no ratings!

Fox News cancels GOP debate after Donald Trump pulls out - Mar. 16, 2016

Old 03-16-2016, 11:42 AM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Well, well, well...... No surprise here. He claims no one told him about it. How long have they been talking about this, just about everywhere? It's a little scary I know more about what's going on than he does.
Well, well, well, no surprise here that the anti Trumps would spin this story and not tell the truth.

Fox News cancels GOP debate after Donald Trump pulls out - Mar. 16, 2016

Quote:
... On Fox & Friends on Wednesday morning, Trump said he will instead speak at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on March 21. AIPAC said Trump is confirmed to speak at its annual conference about American policies on Israel.

Trump claimed that he only recently found out about the debate, and he can't cancel his speech.

"I'm making a major speech in front of a very important group of people," Trump told Fox & Friends.

Trump said he would consider doing future debates, though he declined to commit.

"I think we've had enough debates," Trump said. "How many times can you answer the same question?" ...
The last debate WAS the last debate. Fox trying to create another debate is not for anyone but Fox. For the record, Kasich had told them 'no' as well. But don't let that stop you from pretending you know a thing about reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections