Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 07:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,877,823 times

Advertisements

The New York Times
But Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton’s resounding triumphs on Tuesday masked a profound, historic and unusual reality: Most Americans still don’t like him. Or her.

According to Gallup, 53 percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Mrs. Clinton and 63 percent have such a view of Mr. Trump.
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Are Winning Votes, but Not Hearts

That's sad when America can't even offer 'likeable' and 'trustworthy' candidates to be leader of the nation!

Says a lot about just how 'G-R-E-A-T' America is, doesn't it, when Americans can't even stand the political party front-runners!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 03-16-2016 at 08:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 10:49 AM

491 posts, read 321,560 times
Donald Trump is about the only person the GOP could nominate who would lose to Hillary.

But Hillary's very high negatives nearly guarantee that she will be a one-term president.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:51 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,479,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
Donald Trump is about the only person the GOP could nominate who would lose to Hillary.

But Hillary's very high negatives nearly guarantee that she will be a one-term president.
lmao..Trump is the ONLY R that could beat her. There aren't many cross overs for Cruz. Kasich is just not going to win anyway.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:55 AM

26,174 posts, read 22,351,032 times
Works for me, I'm not looking for a potential mate but someone that can restore our country to what it was, grab ahold of it and drag it from its rapid descent into 3rd world status. Seriously "not hearts"? Who cares? This isn't a Miss Congeniality contest, and I do realize that may come as a surprise to many of the anti-Trumps.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,877,823 times
Quote:

I think that is absolutely correct! I know both my daughter and SIL voted for other than Trump in their state's primary, and they will in Nov. as well. They didn't even consider voting for Trump, and though my daughter can't stand Hillary, she said she would vote for her before Trump, because he is even harder to stomach!

Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,782,990 times
I don't put much stock in these favorably polls. Especially a poll from gallup.

When Trump can go to a town and 37,000 show up to see him, while standing & cheering, I believe my eyes, not pollsters.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,355,884 times
Quote:

Exactly. Just as the polls show, Trump is the only GOP candidate that gets stomped by her repeatedly. Rubio did the best against her in polls and Cruz even beats her in most every poll. Been saying it for months, a vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. He will lose in an epic landslide to Hillary.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:22 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,168,321 times
Quote:

No, IMHO Ted Cruz is a guaranteed loser. Like 100%. Mr. Trump is completely unpredictable.

Mick

465 posts, read 258,541 times
Meh. My husband has my heart, and he's much cuter than Trump or Clinton. I'm not looking for a soul mate, just someone who won't screw up the world my daughters have to grow up and live in.

7,196 posts, read 4,793,089 times
Quote:

Are you channeling Mitch McConnell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections