Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
8.4 million people have voted for Clinton in the primaries. More than any other candidate on either side. That's according to CNN just two minutes ago.

The bottom line is that she'll receive the official nomination. What happens from there is really anyone's guess. It won't break my heart either way but I hope that people like PCALMike can come to terms with the overall will of the American people. They don't want Sanders. It's nothing personal.
Interesting that you now say it isn't personal. You've spent the better part of 4 pages arguing that he and other Sanders supporters are young, naive, ignorant, immature, and unconcerned about politics because they are too busy chugging beer at spring break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,997,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course, they did. There were Bernie signs all throughout that violent protest. Bernie supporters were duped and used, and it hurt Bernie in the primaries.

Happy now Bernie supporters?
Well the protests were funded by MoveOn -an organization funded by George Soros- who ironically enough is massively funding Hillary Clinton's campaign. Very interesting things going on this election...

Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,546,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Interesting that you now say it isn't personal. You've spent the better part of 4 pages arguing that he and other Sanders supporters are young, naive, ignorant, immature, and unconcerned about politics because they are too busy chugging beer at spring break.
Well ... they are young, naive, and immature. You threw in the ignorant part. And between them not showing up at the polls, and Hillary receiving more votes from Americans who support her and not Sanders, he simply didn't get the votes he needed.

It's really *not* personal. It's just the truth.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:17 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times
Quote:
Well ... they are young, naive, and immature. You threw in the ignorant part. And between them not showing up at the polls, and Hillary receiving more votes from Americans who support her and not Sanders, he simply didn't get the votes he needed.

It's really *not* personal. It's just the truth.
Fair enough. I hope you don't take it personally when I say that Clinton supporters are evil wretches with no concern about core values, truth, honesty, integrity, or doing what's right. Additionally, they have no problem with supporting a woman who brazenly lies to mourning mothers over the coffins of their dead sons. The main reason Clinton supporters seem to overlook these glaring flaws is that they are selfish and only concerned about making sure that politicians who share the letter after their name (D) remain in power to continue to give them benefits and do other things that Clinton supporters want.

But, it isn't personal. It's just the truth.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,001,386 times
Quote:
Fair enough. I hope you don't take it personally when I say that Clinton supporters are evil wretches with no concern about core values, truth, honesty, integrity, or doing what's right. Additionally, they have no problem with supporting a woman who brazenly lies to mourning mothers over the coffins of their dead sons. The main reason Clinton supporters seem to overlook these glaring flaws is that they are selfish and only concerned about making sure that politicians who share the letter after their name (D) remain in power to continue to give them benefits and do other things that Clinton supporters want.

That would be hyperbole.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:

I'm not a Clinton supporter. I placed my first-ever R vote for Kasich in my primary, sooooooo ...

Hope you feel better having got that all off your chest, though. Rather dramatic prose.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:23 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,299,489 times
Quote:
8.4 million people have voted for Clinton in the primaries. More than any other candidate on either side.
Not a legitimate comparison since there are more than 2 candidates in the GOP primaries.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:25 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,299,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Well the protests were funded by MoveOn -an organization funded by George Soros- who ironically enough is massively funding Hillary Clinton's campaign. Very interesting things going on this election...
Like I said... the Sanders supporters were duped into participating in the Chicago protest. Useful idiots. We all know where we've heard that condescension before.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not a legitimate comparison since there are more than 2 candidates in the GOP primaries.
That's true. The report didn't break out votes of the candidates who've dropped out. Good point.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,314,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Yes, tell that to the voters of Vermont, he is the most popular senator in the country according to polls! But you of course know him MUCH better than his own people of course.
Santa clause is popular as well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections