Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 06:16 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Instead of everyone having to sit through almost 5 minutes of the video on the linked page .. I found the 'pertinent' (and shorter) part of the conversation on youtube to post.

(link to page is below the video)

We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official
They pull this crap at the convention, I'll never vote for a GOP candidate again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 06:30 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Donald will just run independently and start his own party and win. Call it the Constitutional Conservatives

Old 03-16-2016, 07:05 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,982 times
I have started to write 3 different responses and erased them all.

Before I go all heinous, is he right? Is that constitutional? I know the Constitution does not define the process, but is he right?

If he's not, I will set about learning how to contact him and put the information here. If he's right, I'm not sure what I'll do.

This is completely upside down. Brown signs into law that illegals, non-citizens, can vote in California in our elections, and now this.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:13 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Sad but true.........you flag-wavin jingoists might as well accept the fact that this country, and its political system, is very corrupt and rigged.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
as a flag waving jingoist , i have to accept no such thing.

we will see how the convention plays out, and the way Trump has been going it might not even get to that.

Trump needs to win 54 percent of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination by the time the primary season ends on June 7.

He could reach the goal by winning most of the remaining states that award all of their delegates to the winner, and doing well in the other states. Next up is Arizona on Tuesday, with 58 delegates at stake.

Go Arizona!

Old 03-16-2016, 07:17 PM

799 posts, read 707,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Sad but true.........you flag-wavin jingoists might as well accept the fact that this country, and its political system, is very corrupt and rigged.
Been that way for a long time. Anything with people in it will become corrupt.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
as a flag waving jingoist , i have to accept no such thing.

we will see how the convention plays out, and the way Trump has been going it might not even get to that.

Trump needs to win 54 percent of the remaining delegates to clinch the nomination by the time the primary season ends on June 7.

He could reach the goal by winning most of the remaining states that award all of their delegates to the winner, and doing well in the other states. Next up is Arizona on Tuesday, with 58 delegates at stake.

Go Arizona!
I don't know that it (Trump getting 1237) will matter. Especially when you have the old speaker blabbing on about how he wants to put Ryan in at the convention.

This is gonna be fun to watch, it'll be interesting to see if the public has the stones to actually stand up and be heard for once or will they just bow down to the party elite while repeating the line "we've got to beat Hillbilly" to justify their actions.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Correct. You know, whether it's DNC's superdelegates or RNC's contested convention, these rules were not implemented to stop Bernie or Mr. Trump. They have been around for a long time. The candidates knew the rules before they decided to run, and obviously have agreed to abide by, and accept, the rules.

Certainly, people can lobby to change these rules for future conventions, but I don't think it is in anyone's interest to change rules around on an ad hoc basis.

A recourse available to Mr. Trump is continuing to imply that there will be violent riots if he is not selected by the delegates. On the other hand, Bernie is chit out of luck because he is not man enough to stop being so honorable and classy.

Mick
That's just wrong - nobody can "lobby" to change the rules. It's true that the "rules" have been around for a long time ....... BUT, the "rules" can be "changed" right before the Delegate Count in the case of the GOP ..... via "Rule 42". In the case for the GOP.

It took me a bit of time to get my hands on a copy of the GOP "Rules", but it's all controlled by a chosen few. There is a lot to all this "rule" stuff and those who want to twist them to suit them are playing with Fire. I don't doubt that the same is true with the Democrats. It's not so much that it's automatically "rigged" - it's that they CAN "rig" it whenever they choose to do so.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Because the majority of voters in America, including myself are insanely misinformed about politics...period!
And politics loves keeping us that way...
Give yourself a break - getting "informed" as you put it, takes a lot of time and digging. You are correct, they don't want us to know. The media doesn't even understand it or dig into it - we used to have Investigative Journalism, now it's all about Sensation and following the current Meme.

The public is led around like Sheep.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:48 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
then why did Trump use all this money to run?

can you explain that to me?

He is a sharp businessman, what does he get out of it...?

Trump hardly donated anything to his campaign. Instead, he made a large LOAN. His plan is to sell out to donors in the general election and raise money to pay himself back. His own campaign recently said they he has only pledged to avoid corporate donations for the PRIMARY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections