Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:58 PM

27,391 posts, read 15,508,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
All I can tell you is that the Sanders rally I attended was dominated by middle-aged people who looked like schoolteachers and middle-managers - I wouldn't be surprised to hear that most of them were exactly that. And I mostly fit that demographic myself.

I think you need to expand your news source horizons, you're not getting the full picture.

Nor any pictures at all from one that was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 02:59 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,455,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
All I can tell you is that the Sanders rally I attended was dominated by middle-aged people who looked like schoolteachers and middle-managers - I wouldn't be surprised to hear that most of them were exactly that. And I mostly fit that demographic myself.

I think you need to expand your news source horizons, you're not getting the full picture.

Why do Hillary supporters look so well dressed?

They stole all the money and shopped at Tiffany's .

Old 03-16-2016, 03:56 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,921,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Bernie Sanders isn't the most stylish guy himself. Nothing against him.
Before entering politics for a profession Sanders was pretty much a failure in life.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:50 PM

21,367 posts, read 19,999,609 times
If they dress nicely, Bernie's supporters will attact them for being 1%ers.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,054,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Seriously, they all look like they're either going to a Grateful Dead show, living in a tent in the woods or hanging out with those Occupy groups.

But besides that, why do they look so disheveled, unkempt and just dirty?
Probably for the same reason Hillary's supporters look like militant lesbians.

Like attracts like.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:25 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,602,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why do Trump supporters look like Jerry Springer guests and The People of Walmart (TM)?

See? I can make gross generalizations, too.
What do you mean The People of Walmart. I shop at Wal-Mart!

Old 03-16-2016, 07:22 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,609,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
What do you mean The People of Walmart. I shop at Wal-Mart!
And you probably watch FOX and support Trump, right?

That's the general stereotypical Trump supporter.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:36 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,803,854 times
Quote:
Bernie's an intellectual who has lived in Northern New England for the past 50 years. People like that see efforts to be stylish as a waste of time and money.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,402,625 times
Quote:
He's certainly no Slick Willie.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:10 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,306,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Seems a little petty to pick on the Sanders supporters, but whatever, it's a political season, which I'll be glad when it's over. I think at this point Hillary's most likely is the Dem nom. I can't see ol' Bernie pulling this one off.
Same goes for those who bash Trump supporters.

On a personal level, my FB "newsfeed" is full of friends of mine (mostly those who have moved to the PNW) who are out of control with the bashing of Trump supporters. I don't understand why they do so when they don't know who might support Trump and their reasons behind it. Not everyone puts their political beliefs out there for all to see. Some might have jobs where it's better to keep their political beliefs to themselves and off of social media. Bash the candidate/the platform the candidate is running on, not the supporters. You don't know who you might need a favor from someday after insulting their intelligence, education, life-style, looks, etc.

I can't wait for it all to be over either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections