Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:16 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,442,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Just remember that your vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Neither you, nor any other Trump fan can lay out a logical path for him to win 35% of the minority vote and get to 270. It will NEVER happen, but keep dreaming.
So now you're back to that again .

NEITHER YOU or any other Cruz fan can lay out a path for Cruz to win 270 either, other than quoting meaningless polls taken 8 months before the general election.Go ahead,post your map on 270 to win showing us how Cruz is going to do it....I can't wait....you love daring the Trump guys to do it......show us all what states Cruz is going to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Most of us who don't want Trump wouldn't stay home either, we will be voting third party.
Yay!Gary Johnson may break 1%!!!! Oh and remember...a vote for third party is a vote for Hillary,[to throw your own argument back at you].

Old 03-17-2016, 09:20 PM

17,492 posts, read 9,313,310 times
Quote:
Most of us who don't want Trump wouldn't stay home either, we will be voting third party.
3rd Party is "stay at home 'cause I'm all wee-wee'd up" and in Stompy Foot mode.
In 2008 and 2012 - it WAS a vote for Obama.
In 2016 it WILL be a vote for Clinton.

Don't kid yourself that it is otherwise - because you are not kidding anyone else.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:39 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,349,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Yay!Gary Johnson may break 1%!!!! Oh and remember...a vote for third party is a vote for Hillary,[to throw your own argument back at you].
Poll from a few days back reported 37% of GOP voters said they would vote third party rather then Trump. That's far more than 1%

Old 03-18-2016, 07:05 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,977,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NO ..... only a Vote for Hillary OR a "sit at hone because I'm all wee-wee'd up" is a Vote for Hillary.
Everyone should vote for who they support and then Vote for the best option to avoid a Obama 3.0.
OR WORSE .... a woman with such Bad Judgement that she is willing to through National Security out the window just so she can avoid Oversight and FOIA and be Crowned Queen.

I've already voted in my primary - I didn't vote for Trump.
IF he is the nominee - there is NO WAY that I will sit at home and "cast a defacto Vote for Hillary Clinton". That's EXACTLY how we got Obama for 8 years. Can we survive another 8 years of his/her Policy?
Agree, reluctantly.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:27 PM

29,225 posts, read 22,446,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can Cruz say he has a path to the nomination? He keeps repeating this like he & Trump are on equal footing.

He needs 79% of remaining delegates. He will have to win 4 out of every 5 delegates. I don't see it happening. Not even close.
Don't forget California! Their primary is among the very last of the bunch, but it's vital for the GOP nominee.

Since Cali has a proportional delegate system, not a winner-take-all, it's a hard state to poll and an expensive one. But a Cali-based polling company has done a rough poll using regions, not districts, and Cruz wins over Trump in all but the Orange County region. Even there, Trump only wins by a sliver.

Granted that's not very much info, but it's better than nothing. If Cruz can come within just a few points in all the remaining primaries, Cali could put him over the top. The west is proving to be more favorable for him than the other regions so far. More will be known shortly.

Even if he pulls it off, Cruz still leaves his party with a Hobson's choice. Will a majority of voters go for a Cuban zealot any more than a narcissist on a power trip? A lot of undecided voters will have to hate Hillary Clinton like poison to jump over to either one of them.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:31 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,720,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Since Cali has a proportional delegate system,
Nope. It's winner take most.

Cruz has way underachieved in these states.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,604,797 times
Cruz might still be able to pull off a few small caucus states. And he'll get a handful of delegates here and there from proportional primaries.

It won't matter.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:36 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,850,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NO ..... only a Vote for Hillary OR a "sit at hone because I'm all wee-wee'd up" is a Vote for Hillary.
Everyone should vote for who they support and then Vote for the best option to avoid a Obama 3.0.
OR WORSE .... a woman with such Bad Judgement that she is willing to through National Security out the window just so she can avoid Oversight and FOIA and be Crowned Queen.

I've already voted in my primary - I didn't vote for Trump.
IF he is the nominee - there is NO WAY that I will sit at home and "cast a defacto Vote for Hillary Clinton". That's EXACTLY how we got Obama for 8 years. Can we survive another 8 years of his/her Policy?

I love how Trump supporters lecture Cruz supporters to "get over it," when they have already stated they will not vote or push for a 3rd Party run for Trump if he doesn't get the nod.

Hypocrites be hypocritical.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Poll from a few days back reported 37% of GOP voters said they would vote third party rather then Trump. That's far more than 1%
It will NEVER HAPPEN.There is zero chance that 7% of republicans much less 37% are going to vote third party rather than for a guy who actually won the majority of primaries of their own party whether they like him or not in a race against Hillary Clinton.Yes some will.....Gary Johnson may get 2-3% instead of 1%....the Constitution Party nominee may get .75% instead of .25% ...not enough to matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections