Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:08 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win. You really expect Trumps racist, hateful rhetoric to fly in those states? You're in for a surprise. His rhetoric doesn't play well outside the south and Cruz just picked up a ton of new voters with Rubio dropping out.
The last I checked Vermont,New Hampshire,Massachusetts, ,Michigan,and Illinois weren't in the south.Trumps best state so far was Massachusetts.So far the only northern state Cruz has won is Maine.So far Cruz has won one northern state and lost six and lost two border states Missouri and Kentucky.So far Trump has won five out of seven northern states and both border states,a trend I see continuing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:19 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
LOL youre crackin me up dude.. been sayin that for months..seriously just like the black knight in monty python keep em comin
Tis but a scratch.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:19 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Wounded politicians all over the place. We love our wounded politicians !!!

"GO TRUMP" or live in a third world dump

Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 PM

39,091 posts, read 51,283,353 times
At some point Republicans will realize that Trump is going to get shellacked in November and set the party back for years and years. But where do they turn now? Cruz may be even worse and Kasich can never get enough delegates to win. This is a fine mess, to be sure. I suppose the best course is to vote for anybody but Trump to take it to the floor.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,477,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
At some point Republicans will realize that Trump is going to get shellacked in November and set the party back for years and years. But where do they turn now? Cruz may be even worse and Kasich can never get enough delegates to win. This is a fine mess, to be sure. I suppose the best course is to vote for anybody but Trump to take it to the floor.
If this happens/we follow this logic, trump goes independent and republicans lose regardless. Lose/Lose.

But I wouldn't write off trump if he gets the nomination, no way. Hate him or not, he's a force. Everyone wrote him off in the primary....."he can't win that.....well yeah, he did win that one, but now he can't win that......wait, ok, he won that, now he can't.....oh, he did ok there but he can't.....". The "experts" have been very wrong and have been consistent in underestimating him.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A lot of Republican leaders already think that but if they can't convince the voters then they have no choice but to run with him this time.If he doesn't win it doesn't do any more harm to the party than Romney,or McCain losing over the last eight years.If he keeps winning primaries and they deny him the nomination THAT WOULD set the party back for years and years.Anyone nominated that way would lose a ton of Republican support.

Gary Johnson might even break 1% if that happened...

Old 03-16-2016, 09:59 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,298,392 times
The most likely scenario is that Hillary will lose her voice completely and goes silent. Trump then has to debate a sign language stand in for Hillary. I say Trump would win the debates.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:15 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win.
Nope. The math checks. And it was confirmed independently by another above.

Of course you are welcome to provide real example of why it isn't.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
A few hours ago I took a calculator and drew the same conclusion.

Still, just like in football we have odds and spreads, but they still have to play the game, the same goes for the rest of the primaries and the general election, polls for which, by the way, I'd take with a grain of salt right now.

So let's play the game, at the very least it should be a lot of fun!
I just checked candidates schedules. Always a good indication on where they think they might have an issue. Next week it's AZ (on my list) and UT (not on my list). With that said....
  • I expect the Mormans will elect Ted Cruz so he doesn't need to campaign there. On other hand, AZ will be a challenge for Cruz. He has 3 events scheduled there. It would be a major score for Cruz if he could take this state from Trump.
  • Trump, so far, has no campaign stops scheduled this week. Seems that he thinks he will take AZ and doesn't care about UT.
  • Most interestingly, Kasiac is holding 3 events in UT this week. This is Cruz country, but it's a proportional race. This would indicate that he's trying to pull delegates from Cruz. Quite interesting indeed.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:03 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If this happens/we follow this logic, trump goes independent and republicans lose regardless. Lose/Lose.

But I wouldn't write off trump if he gets the nomination, no way. Hate him or not, he's a force. Everyone wrote him off in the primary....."he can't win that.....well yeah, he did win that one, but now he can't win that......wait, ok, he won that, now he can't.....oh, he did ok there but he can't.....". The "experts" have been very wrong and have been consistent in underestimating him.
I suspect that the "experts" are heavily influenced by the 0.1% and entitlement crew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections