Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 02:18 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,153,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I said "legal citizens", not "legal immigrants". Do you not know how to read?
What the hell is "legal citizens"? Are there "illegal citizens"? Please do explain.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 02:28 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,001,552 times
Quote:
I said "legal citizens", not "legal immigrants". Do you not know how to read?
He knows how to read, you don't know enough about immigration to use the right terminology. There is no such thing as "illegal citizens".

Old 03-17-2016, 02:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, that's the whole point - the Latino green card holders are applying for citizenship to vote against Mr. Trump in November.

I don't see any correlation between my post that you quoted and your post. Can you explain?

Mick

it takes a while to become U.S. CITIZENSHIP even after you apply.

It takes average 2 years especially in heavily immigrant population.

How Long Does it Take to Become a U.S. Citizen After Filing My Application for Naturalization?

by the way, I find it funny that these immigrants ONLY reason to become citizens is to vote against Trump. I don't hear LOYALTY to the country or our constitution.....if they spend the same energies getting their fellow friends and family members who are ILLEGAL to do the same and sign up for a green card and obey U.S. law, we wouldn't have this problem.

If I had family members who are illegals I would tell them I got my green card and applied for U.S. citizenship and you A-HOLES have been here for decades and couldn't care less......go figure!

Old 03-17-2016, 02:50 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,298,942 times
Quote:
I've explained this before in this thread. You can read that. Just ask yourself why 80% of Hispanics have unfavorable view of The Donald, including 73% who have *very unfavorable* views of him. I am sure your response would be, "Gee, they don't understand what Mr. Trump was talking about the illegals." Maybe, but it doesn't matter at all . . . . they will feel what they will feel . . . . what matters is how they will vote.

the media especially Univision and Telemundo where the majority of the Latinos get their news. If you have the #1 latino anchor Jorge Ramos who bashes and lies about Trump and the wall and add the liberal American press you will have many Latinos upset and used.

Quote:
You missed the entire point again. If YOUR illegal grandma will be deported under Trump, wouldn't YOU do your best to ensure that does not happen? It's not a matter of legality when it is YOUR grandma, right? At least if you love your grandma. If not, that's okay - God gave you two.

I don't know about you, if I have my GRANDMA illegally in this country in my basement for decades I hardly doubt the feds are going to break in my basement and bust grandma.

By the way, under CURRENT Laws if Grandma is here illegally she can be deported. Trump losing the general doesn't guarantee Grandma stays or gets amnesty.

my point is, its a lot more complicated than putting simple scenarios like GRANDMA.

There is a simple way and LEGAl, get GRANDMA a GREEN CARD......Isn't that much better and the law?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:56 PM

39,427 posts, read 27,790,337 times
i think America's exceptional status as a "nation of immigrants" is being challenged by globalization, which is making both migration and terrorism much easier.

I think Mexican community has been unfairly targeted and made scapegoat. Here in California, I've seen some Chinese pregnant women taking advantage of the system and dropping anchor babies. I don't really blame illegals, or people who take advantage of the system solely, I blame the policy maker and those who refuse to enforce the law.

On one hand, the presence of so many aliens is a powerful testament to the attractiveness of America. On the other hand, it is a sign of how dangerously open our borders are.

Typical illegal aliens come to America primarily for better jobs and in the process add value to the U.S. economy. However, they also take away value by weakening the legal and national security environment.

I think you need an outsider (somebody don't belong to either party) to enforce the law. Trump might not be a true liberal or conservative, I think he is the right person who can get this particular job done.

Do I think he would close the border? Yes. Do I think he would round up 11 million illegals? No, I don't.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:06 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,101,135 times
Leave these poor people alone. They just want to come here for a better life.
And what better than free health care, housing, food stamps, etc...if I didn't live here already I'd want in too. Plus the exchange rate for many of the home countries is a cash cow. Work 60 or 70 hours a week for a few years off the books, only keep enough to cover your basic needs and either stash the rest or send it "home" in an envelope and let a family member trade it in at the bank for double, triple, or sometimes quadruple the value. Then when you move home you buy a nice house in the mountains or countryside and enjoy your retirement. It's a great gig if you ask me. That's the American Dream right there!

Old 03-17-2016, 03:08 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,153,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I don't know about you, if I have my GRANDMA illegally in this country in my basement for decades I hardly doubt the feds are going to break in my basement and bust grandma.

By the way, under CURRENT Laws if Grandma is here illegally she can be deported. Trump losing the general doesn't guarantee Grandma stays or gets amnesty.
Oh, but Mr. Trump said he would deport every single one of the 12 million illegals in this country. He means it, doesn't he? Things are going to be different under POTUS Trump, no?

Quote:
my point is, its a lot more complicated than putting simple scenarios like GRANDMA.
Exactly, it IS complicated . . . that's why people are concerned, it should not be black and white.

Quote:
There is a simple way and LEGAl, get GRANDMA a GREEN CARD......Isn't that much better and the law?
I am pretty sure that there is no way for the grandma to legally obtain a green card after entering and staying in the US without legal documents. That would make zero sense.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM

30,448 posts, read 23,903,334 times
Quote:
What the hell is "legal citizens"? Are there "illegal citizens"? Please do explain.

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
He knows how to read, you don't know enough about immigration to use the right terminology. There is no such thing as "illegal citizens".
And this is what I said the first time I wrote it - post 37 which I do not have the ability to edit at this stage so you can swallow that line if you were planning to use it:

Quote:
Look at that, Trump is already making a huge difference! All these people will now be CITIZENS! Fantastic!
So I got carried away typing it out again. Big whoop.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,001,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Leave these poor people alone. They just want to come here for a better life.
And what better than free health care, housing, food stamps, etc...if I didn't live here already I'd want in too. Plus the exchange rate for many of the home countries is a cash cow. Work 60 or 70 hours a week for a few years off the books, only keep enough to cover your basic needs and either stash the rest or send it "home" in an envelope and let a family member trade it in at the bank for double, triple, or sometimes quadruple the value. Then when you move home you buy a nice house in the mountains or countryside and enjoy your retirement. It's a great gig if you ask me. That's the American Dream right there!
If the illegal immigration crowd didn't make so many blanket statements about illegals maybe they would sound more credible and more liberals and Latinos would pay them attention.

Sure, some illegal immigrants come here and abuse the system. However others come here work and don't abuse social services. Don't want more immigrants? Close the border, build a wall 1,000 feet high, deport them but there is no need to posts these exaggerated statistics and bigoted comments.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:21 PM

26,120 posts, read 22,310,905 times
Quote:
Congratulations, Mr. Trump!

She does look suspiciously like Ivanka dyed her hair dark. . . .

Mick
You're really reaching now. I've seen many Hispanics in town that look similar.

Quote:
You might want to read some posts before you type anything. 5-6 months for most people - we are talking about long-time green card holders here . . . . their applications seem to go faster and smoother. That's how long it took for my acquaintance, and that's typical for someone in her situation.

And way too many people in this thread assume (what do they say about that?) that these immigrants are just starting their applications now in March. Mr. Trump made his statements in June last year. The applications were up 11% in 2015 already, and up 14.5% in the last 6 months.

Sorry.

Mick
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship...us-citizenship or How to Apply For Citizenship After Green Card | Bridge US

So, the question is, why do they wait?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections