Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:17 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
.. If Trump is the candidate, I think he can count on Florida. He has a home and a lot of employees down there.
How many employees does Trump have in FL? He makes most of his money these days licensing his name to other companies. We know he hires guest workers from other countries and he outsources the manufacturing of his clothing to other countries. So how many actual American employees exist in Florida?

Hispanic voters are gearing up big time to vote against Trump and there are a good many in S Florida and Orlando. Lots of them never voted(and are US Citizens) but will be register to vote against Trump. Latinos, in general, don't vote as much as non-latinos, even when they can vote. It's likely that Trump will cause a lot of them to decide to participate in voting this time.

Last edited by sware2cod; 03-16-2016 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:28 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Its not horribly implausible.
Obama won Michigan by a whopping 400k votes.

You really think Trump, who only captured a modest plurality of GOP votes, is going to be the man who flips it blue?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
What's rough for conservatives is that this was a winnable election. Eighteen months ago Hillary looked unbeatable. The smear campaign against Clinton has been immensely successful. A mainstream candidate could have taken her out. Trump won't.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:41 PM

409 posts, read 258,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Obama won Michigan by a whopping 400k votes.

You really think Trump, who only captured a modest plurality of GOP votes, is going to be the man who flips it blue?
This might come as a surprise, but Obama isn't running this time. Hillary is only slightly less of a garbage candidate than Trump, anything is possible.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Trump scares republicans because they are looking at the "Lean Republican" states and notice that Trump only wins them by a 5% or less. That has down ballot implications.

a 1% change is the difference between 14 Democratic congressmen from Texas instead of 11. 13 in FLorida instead of 10. 6 from North Carolina instead of 3. 7 instead of 4 in Ohio , 4 instead of 2 in Indiana , 3 in Kentucky instead of 1.

This is exactly why an anti establishment "i bring over Democrats" Republican isnt as good of an idea as Republicans think. His voters arent going to vote down ballot, they like him, not the party.

Trump is likely going to spend the next 4 months fighting the establishment, and that will include many of their incumbent congressmen who will be on the ballot with him.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Hard to argue with this map. Hillary about has it locked up, might be a worse landslide then even I expected.

2016 Election: Clinton vs. Trump
Oh KEWL Dex ...... I'm taking your word for everything and just going to hide under my bed and suck by thumb. I guess heads will explode in Leftist Land if people don't buy into all this Propaganda.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
This might come as a surprise, but Obama isn't running this time. Hillary is only slightly less of a garbage candidate than Trump, anything is possible.
She's not garbage enough to lose 400k votes in a state that hasn't voted red since the 80s.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,239,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Thanks. You're right, not horribly implausible, just highly unlikely. Trump beating Hillary in states like OH, MN (won by Rubio), IA (Won by Cruz)...dont see it happening.
I wonder how much it changes Ohio if he picks Kasich as a running mate.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Its not horribly implausible.
If aa Republican has won Michigan, then they have also won Wisconsin.. unless they yell "F%$# the Packers"

If a 269 to 269 split happened, it is more likely that the Republican wins Wisconsin and Iowa than Michigan.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Do you really expect Pennsylvania to go to the Democrats with her bashing coal?
I am a Pennsylvanian and I can assure you Pennsylvania will go for the Democrat, like it has for every single presidential candidate since 1988. Coal? That industry nearly disappeared from PA two generations ago ... I'll wager less than 1/2 of 1% of Pennsylvanians give coal a second thought. You know that in the most recent elections we elected a Democrat for governor and a clean slate of all Democrats running for the State Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections