Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:49 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,133,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. You probably don't know much about some Southern Democrats.
What, are you going to show me photos from the Southern Strategy days of 50 years ago? Those scums went over to the other side, though there are some left over in the wonderful states of WV, KY and probably few others.

Besides, I'd imagine that the Celtics Cross and 88 tattoos are relatively recent things.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 AM

39,256 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
She looks straight out of Aryan nation....
she doesn't.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mr. Trump has no control over who supports him.

But you have to wonder *why* those types of people support him more than any other candidates.

Mick

Trump is an egomaniac successful businessman who likes to win. He himself is not a racist. I do believe he has a legitimate shot at becoming president.

I certainly understand that Trump comes off as arrogant, obnoxious, etc. But over time, and compared to the liars on stage with him, you might get hooked on hearing his honest opinions. I know I will get a lot of attacks for saying this, but many New Yorkers I know have the exact same style as Trump.

I don't know who says this, but I agree. Trump is a business-Republican as opposed to a social conservative.

Like you said in another thread, perception is reality. Some white supremacists would think Trump win means they win. LOL further from the truth.

Like him or hate him, I have a hard time believing Trump is a racist. All these said, I am hoping this lady has a business of some sort, because with all those cheap inks, she can kiss any jobs goodbye.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:08 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
What, are you going to show me photos from the Southern Strategy days of 50 years ago? Those scums went over to the other side, though there are some left over in the wonderful states of WV, KY and probably few others.

Besides, I'd imagine that the Celtics Cross and 88 tattoos are relatively recent things.

Mick
Depends on what a person thinks of as recent. The Aryan Brotherhood, the largest prison white supremacist gang, came from Aryan Nation members who went to prison.

The Aryan Nation disappeared completely over 20 years ago when they were driven bankrupt, but the brotherhood began while it was still in operation, so some of they symbols have been around for about 35 years or more.
It's no longer a movement. It's now a gang. But gangs can live on in prisons for a very long time, especially if the gangs have a lot of lifers imprisoned. Some of the brotherhood leaders are now in their 70s or older, but convicts can live long lives behind bars, and there are always lieutenants right behnd them to take their place when they're gone.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump is an egomaniac successful businessman who likes to win. He himself is not a racist. I do believe he has a legitimate shot at becoming president.

I certainly understand that Trump comes off as arrogant, obnoxious, etc. But over time, and compared to the liars on stage with him, you might get hooked on hearing his honest opinions. I know I will get a lot of attacks for saying this, but many New Yorkers I know have the exact same style as Trump.

I don't know who says this, but I agree. Trump is a business-Republican as opposed to a social conservative.

Like you said in another thread, perception is reality. Some white supremacists would think Trump win means they win. LOL further from the truth.

Like him or hate him, I have a hard time believing Trump is a racist.
I have said this before a few times - based on what I saw and heard before his candidacy, I don't think Mr. Trump is a racist either . . . I mean, he probably is prejudiced as much as any other New Yorker, but definitely not like KKK racist. Of course, I cannot possibly know for sure.

His supporters, however, I cannot say the same. Not saying all of them are . . . but it is clear that a substantial portion of them are racists or, at the very least, strongly prejudiced.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I have said this before a few times - based on what I saw and heard before his candidacy, I don't think Mr. Trump is a racist either . . . I mean, he probably is prejudiced as much as any other New Yorker, but definitely not like KKK racist. Of course, I cannot possibly know for sure.

His supporters, however, I cannot say the same. Not saying all of them are . . . but it is clear that a substantial portion of them are racists or, at the very least, strongly prejudiced.

Mick
True.

My friend M is a combat Marine from Ohio. He is one of the most honorable person I know. But he is a person with no filter. He used to display confederate flag and people might think he is a typical white supremacist. He really is not... Is he prejudice? yes. But who is not.

I am not making any excuses for SOME Trump supporters. I agree with you, many are perhaps white supremacists. I believe overwhelming majority of them are not.

This said, I also don't know how and what every Democrat thinks. Who knows what they really think about people who are different?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,094,953 times
Quote:

Mick
He may not be a racist of the KKK variety, but he certainly attracts those types with his rhetoric. And unless he's stupid, which I don't believe, he knows full well that they compromises a significant portion of his support. It took him days to disavow David Duke's endorsement, and he did so then only after the March 1st primaries in the South. He knows who his constituency is in the South, and he didn't want to offend them before the vote.

So even if he doesn't personally espouse the KKK's beliefs, he sure is happy to embrace their support. Which makes him no better than Duke or the KKK.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, God forbid that in 2016 people in America have Heil Hiltler tattooed on their hand. I mean what the hell's wrong with that?
Every other group demands power.

But when whites do, they are "Nazis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If you were familiar with that member's posts, that kind of comment would not surprise you.
You libs are all racists.

You are just fine with whites being discriminated against through racial preference programs that discriminate against whites in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

Quote:
Mr. Trump has no control over who supports him.

But you have to wonder *why* those types of people support him more than any other candidates.
Why do racists and bigots support Democrats?

Because the Democrat Party is based on racism -- against whites -- and sexism -- against males.

The Democrats -- including many white Democrats -- see their path to supremacy as being through creating a majority of non-whites in this country. The non-whites will then get all the power, and whites will "get their comeuppance."

I suggest that whites who support Democrats go listen to Louis Farrakhan.

He represents your grandchildren's future.

It's funny how you can sneak over the border, be non-white, and suddenly you're an "oppressed person" entitled to affirmative action.

Blacks should think about this.

When Latinos come into this country, who do you think is going to be hired first? A black or that Latino?

Some people never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

It's long past time to cut off welfare and put an end to this nonsense of paying people not to work so that "immigrants" can get jobs.

Quote:
Really? I believe you if you can find a photo of a Democratic campaign worker with a Celtic Cross and 88.
The Dems are too busy with their photo ops rioting in Oakland (Occupy Wall Street), Ferguson and Baltimore -- when they're not shooting each other on the streets of Chicago.

Quote:

Mick
And so are Obama and his supporters.

The Beer summit confirmed that quite nicely.

Are you libs going to make a donation to Darren Wilson, the white cop who was falsely accused of murdering Micheal Brown?

Were you concerned when the Duke Lacrosse Players were falsely accused of rape?

Didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He may not be a racist of the KKK variety, but he certainly attracts those types with his rhetoric. And unless he's stupid, which I don't believe, he knows full well that they compromises a significant portion of his support. It took him days to disavow David Duke's endorsement, and he did so then only after the March 1st primaries in the South. He knows who his constituency is in the South, and he didn't want to offend them before the vote.

So even if he doesn't personally espouse the KKK's beliefs, he sure is happy to embrace their support. Which makes him no better than Duke or the KKK.
The Dems love Senator Byrd, who actually was a member of the KKK.

Enough said! LOL.

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-18-2016 at 04:02 AM..

Old 03-18-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

You are just fine with whites being discriminated against through racial preference programs that discriminate against whites in college admissions, hiring, promotion and government contracting.

Because the Democrat Party is based on racism -- against whites -- and sexism -- against males.

The Democrats -- including many white Democrats -- see their path to supremacy as being through creating a majority of non-whites in this country. The non-whites will then get all the power, and whites will "get their comeuppance."

It's funny how you can sneak over the border, be non-white, and suddenly you're an "oppressed person" entitled to affirmative action.

When Latinos come into this country, who do you think is going to be hired first? A black or that Latino?

It's long past time to cut off welfare and put an end to this nonsense of paying people not to work so that "immigrants" can get jobs.

The Dems are too busy with their photo ops rioting in Oakland (Occupy Wall Street), Ferguson and Baltimore -- when they're not shooting each other on the streets of Chicago.

Are you libs going to make a donation to Darren Wilson, the white cop who was falsely accused of murdering Micheal Brown?

Didn't think so.

Enough said! LOL.
lol, you were trying to show that liberals are more racist? Yikes.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 06:26 AM

112 posts, read 107,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Didn't think so.

Enough said! LOL.
Well that escalated quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections