Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 03:03 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
^^ THIS ^^

Hey, if the GOP wants to commit party suicide, hand overwhelming control to the Dems, and destroy all confidence in them from the American people -- then by all means go ahead and steal the nomination from Trump.

Unless Ted Cruz pulls off a comeback for the ages, Trump will win the nomination. The best approach would be to just accept Trump. Throw full support behind him. You never know, he just might beat Hillary. And in the more likely event that he loses the general election at least only minimal damage will have been done to the GOP.

I lost all confidence in the Republican Party long ago. A move to hijack the nomination process would do the same for millions of loyal party members.
If the GOP deny Trump support when he gets the nomination, I will know they are all Rinos and want Hillary in to protect there corruption because Trump would expose them.

Trump is a great threat because he doesn't like the corrupt system of special interests,lobby's that bribe for votes and out of control spending. The GOP are afraid he will clean up Washington and Trump is so frank in his speech ,we will all know who did what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 03:08 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Because the GOP is a party, not the nation. They make their own rules, just as the Dems do and any other political party.

They have their system in place. All of the rules, not just some of them. If Trump doesn't have a majority going into the convention, he, just like the others, is subject to ALL of them, not just SOME of them.

As someone else said, close doesn't count here. This is not horseshoes, dancing or hand grenades.
I am speaking about the GOP denying Trump support after he gets the nomination.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Since when does the Republican party have the right to deny the votes of the people?

We have a ballot box to elect the candidate of our choice. If the establishment refuses Trump ,we will vote them out of office.We The People were dead right that the establishment is one sick body who are corrupt and power hungry. They will not deny We The People without repercussions of great magnitude.

Trump will crush Hillary at rhe ballot box. Hillary will regret ever going into politics after Trump cremates her and her image.
They've always had that right.

The people haven't been voting for candidates. They have been voting for delegates to send to the convention.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:24 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
If the GOP deny Trump support when he gets the nomination, I will know they are all Rinos and want Hillary in to protect there corruption because Trump would expose them.
If the party poobahs decide Trump doesn't fit the party's image it's Donny who's the RINO.

Quote:
Trump is a great threat because he doesn't like the corrupt system of special interests,lobby's that bribe for votes and out of control spending. The GOP are afraid he will clean up Washington and Trump is so frank in his speech ,we will all know who did what.
Yet he played in that corrupt system, bribing those politicians when it suited his purpose, eh? If the GOP screws him over he deserves what he gets, he knew all along what a dirty system it was yet played the same game. IF he really is the outsider he professes to be he should've been running as an (I) from the beginning.

An allegedly smart man shouldn't be complaining about fleas after lying down with dogs.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,933,385 times
Quote:
I am speaking about the GOP denying Trump support after he gets the nomination.
I live in a very Republican area in Florida.

I can tell you my neighbors are appalled at what Trump is doing to the GOP. Not the so called RINOs; these people, my neighbors, are life long Republicans, many who have worked in many campaigns.

None of them, and I mean none, will volunteer this time around if Trump gets the nomination. Many will stay at home, and some have even said they would hold their nose and vote for Hillary. Their perspective is that the damage Trump will do is worse than waiting 4 years to boot Hillary out of office. They are dismayed at the damage he is doing to the Republican brand.

Trump's Achilles heel is that he has no ground troops to offer the GOP. He has no broad spectrum volunteer networked. The one that ensures GOTV, which is so critical for Senators, Representatives and Governors to piggy back on. He's done well with that in the primaries, but my suspicion is that with some of the more difficult primaries coming up, especially California, is that this will start to bite him in the rear.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:33 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
Speaking as a Republican-turned-Libertarian (for nearly forty years) I would much rather see the White House occupied by Trump than someone from the collection of losers and looters who gave us Obama and the Clintons -- and I know a lot of other non-doctrinal conservatives who feel the same way. Were he elected to the Presidency, Mr. Trump would get a rough lesson in the fine art of realpolitik, but it would at least represent a change from the metastatic disease incubated by the so-called "progressives".

Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,389,325 times
You know damn well they will steal the nomination away from Trump if he doesn't have the delegates. It's all come out what the GOP's true colors really are.

It's an obvious Hillary victory if they pull this crap. And it's party suicide. Over 50% of the citizens who are conservative will never vote for them ever again. This is why we need to create a new party.

Just my thoughts, is all.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:41 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
You know damn well they will steal the nomination away from Trump if he doesn't have the delegates. It's all come out what the GOP's true colors really are.

It's an obvious Hillary victory if they pull this crap. And it's party suicide. Over 50% of the citizens who are conservative will never vote for them ever again. This is why we need to create a new party.

Just my thoughts, is all.
Trump has already destroyed the GOP either way.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:44 PM

83,551 posts, read 75,428,957 times
One of the best support videos I seen. Wow.

And his kids are very well raised & respected & that says a lot from someone as wealthy as him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOQdcVoRys

Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,298,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They've always had that right.

The people haven't been voting for candidates. They have been voting for delegates to send to the convention.

Again -- there are plenty of people who have had it with the corruption.
If Trump gets the votes, and is still denied the nomination -- look out. This country is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections