Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 04:55 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,918,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You left one other option out, conveniently no doubt.

3) The one where never-Trumps hold their nose and back Trump. Those are the ones who need to man up. The GOP allowed Trump to run in the party and now they need to take responsibility and save the party or they are responsible for it's destruction.

If the party, that has always said, people need to take personal responsibility for their actions and their life can't follow their own principles it isn't worth saving. The voters are the party. Without them there is no one to follow and no leader necessary to mess it all up. Control your leaders or remove them.
That option doesn't exist if Conservatives run a 3rd party candidate.

Like I said in the OP, The GOP isn't going to take their chances with Trump... They are either going to take the nomination away from him, or run someone against him, splitting the votes and ensuring a Trump loss. Either way, Trump doesn't become the president.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just pointing it out. Trump will never be the President of the United States, like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 05:05 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Trump would go Independent and possibly take Cruz with him.

Millions would vote Trump and deny the GOP the Presidency either by winning or splitting the vote. Trump has a lot of loyal followers.

Hillary would love all of this.
Which makes one wonder if that was not the plan all along...

Old 03-17-2016, 05:08 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,864,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That option doesn't exist if Conservatives run a 3rd party candidate.

Like I said in the OP, The GOP isn't going to take their chances with Trump... They are either going to take the nomination away from him, or run someone against him, splitting the votes and ensuring a Trump loss. Either way, Trump doesn't become the president.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just pointing it out. Trump will never be the President of the United States, like it or not.

I do believe that you are totally correct, so there really is no need for anti-trump threads here. If his supporters want to delude themselves into thinking such a self-centered egotist really gives a crap for them or issues, let them. Nothing to worry about, it is not going to happen.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,918,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I do believe that you are totally correct, so there really is no need for anti-trump threads here. If his supporters want to delude themselves into thinking such a self-centered egotist really gives a crap for them or issues, let them. Nothing to worry about, it is not going to happen.
Well, there's still plenty to worry about, depending on what side of the ideological spectrum you fall on. If you're a Democrat, this debacle is nothing short of a gift from the gods. If you're a Republican, well, you're doomed.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:54 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,213,735 times
Quote:

3) The one where never-Trumps hold their nose and back Trump. Those are the ones who need to man up. The GOP allowed Trump to run in the party and now they need to take responsibility and save the party or they are responsible for it's destruction.

If the party, that has always said, people need to take personal responsibility for their actions and their life can't follow their own principles it isn't worth saving. The voters are the party. Without them there is no one to follow and no leader necessary to mess it all up. Control your leaders or remove them.
I have no obligation to vote for someone who I find morally reprehensible and possibily dangerous, along with being toxic to our nation. Matter of fact, feeling the way I do, I have a moral responsibility to vote against him. I will not vote for Trump, what very little chance that was once left that I might ended when he basically threatened violence would happen if I didn't, like some mob goon demanding protection money to keep a store or restaurant from being set on fire. No, the debate really is whether I will vote for Hillary or a 3rd party candidate.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 AM

736 posts, read 354,748 times
I wouldn't be so smug considering the GOP has a lose and lose scenario. You can't win no matter what happens. Trump supporters want change. Regardless if Trump is allowed to be the nominee or not, the GOP will never be the same. How does that feel to know your precious GOP will be crippled or destroyed? How exactly does the GOP plan to win any future presidential elections if they alienate a good portion of their voters?

What the GOP has done is play with fire and now they are getting burned. For years the GOP leadership has been trying to united the party, but perhaps it is best for the establishment and Trump supporters to go their own separate ways. Trump has exposed a weakness in the GOP, which can be exploit by non-establishment politicians at all levels of politics.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 03-17-2016 at 06:12 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 06:12 AM

26,036 posts, read 22,230,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't agree.
If they go down this road, it will be crystal clear to everyone that the entire system is corrupt. That votes don't matter.
And they can forget about getting a vote from any fair minded person like me. They can go F themselves....and then you can welcome in President Hillary. After 8 more years, you won't recognize this country.
I agree 100%. I just wish you wouldn't have mentioned "after 8 more years" and Hillary since I just ate breakfast and the thought makes me physically ill. The woman should be in prison and is SO incompetent yet some just can't comprehend that.

Quote:

I agree. The GOP allowed Trump to run. He signed the loyalty pledge which I believe no one else has signed especially the way they are acting toward him. Don't tell me I can play like the game like everyone else and after I am in tell me there is no way you would ever let me win. Expect a problem in that scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Does this mean you will stop starting them? We are not deluded, we have educated ourselves on our candidate and spend time dispelling the myths that are brought here by people who would better spend their efforts supporting their losing candidates. Again, try expanding your horizons from liberal media headlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have no obligation to vote for someone who I find morally reprehensible and possibily dangerous, along with being toxic to our nation. Matter of fact, feeling the way I do, I have a moral responsibility to vote against him. I will not vote for Trump, what very little chance that was once left that I might ended when he basically threatened violence would happen if I didn't, like some mob goon demanding protection money to keep a store or restaurant from being set on fire. No, the debate really is whether I will vote for Hillary or a 3rd party candidate.
I thought it was you that said you might be able to vote for Trump if Rubio was the VP pick, but I guess you changed your mind over the "riot" thing. You can vote or not vote for Trump. I don't think the violence will be physical but there will be a revolt. I suspect those Senate seats that are up for vote, like 24 of them, may see a turn from red to blue.

How anyone in their right mind can vote for Hillary, I have no idea. She should be punished just like any other citizen: What just happened to this Marine should END Hillary Clinton Not mopping the floor in an election but in a prison jumpsuit! Endorsing her behavior, putting someone so evil, incompetent and a proven liability in office while whining about a statement that Trump said..................There are no words for that.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,720,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

No matter which way it goes down, Trump loses. This is just the facts whether it's fair or not. Wouldn't you rather have it go way #1, where at least the party could at least still have a chance of defeating the Democrats, even if you don't like the candidate? Or is sending a message to the Establishment so important to you that you are willing to basically have another Obama in office for 4 more years in order to send it?
But you have not provided any evidence of this. So I'll chalk this one up to another variation on the "Why Trump Won't be Nominated" story that we have been hearing since last July.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:08 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I thought it was you that said you might be able to vote for Trump if Rubio was the VP pick, but I guess you changed your mind over the "riot" thing. You can vote or not vote for Trump. I don't think the violence will be physical but there will be a revolt. I suspect those Senate seats that are up for vote, like 24 of them, may see a turn from red to blue.
Correct:
  1. As I said, it was reminiscent of a thug strong arming a shopkeeper for protection money. Very reminiscent.
  2. Why say this now? Why not wait until closer to the nomination time? If he has the 1237 delegates this is a non-issue.
  3. Coming so soon after the latest rally violence shows a lack of internal discipline, regardless. It shows a lack of an ability to pause for a more appropriate time.
  4. I think it was a call to battle for his supporters.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 AM

17,375 posts, read 11,349,515 times
It's hilarious how everyone has their own scenario about how Trump is going to be left out, start a third party, start a riot and so on. Everybody, keep your shirts on and calm down. Let the process work and stop assuming it won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections