Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:03 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,774,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
republicans in general are viewed unfavorably by women, if only for their extreme nosiness about what happens in women's bedrooms and doctor visits.

If a candidate is viewed increasingly unfavorably by US women (j50% - up from 40% in November), wonder how many of them will choose not to vote for that candidate if he gets nominated? Kinda difficult to get elected if half of the female half of the population, and growing, doesn't want ya, eh?

Half of U.S. women have 'very unfavorable' view of Trump -poll
Statistically speaking, aren't at least half of women in America somewhere on the Liberal side of things anyways? With that in mind, 50% seems a bit low, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 12:06 PM

15,687 posts, read 10,486,889 times
Hillary has a serious white male voter problem.
In Michigan Democrat primary race, for example, Bernie won 62% of the male, white vote.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...voters-charts/

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-17-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-17-2016, 12:18 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,236,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Wonder why?

Or wonder why only half?
The article only quotes the number who see Trump "very unfavorably". Usually there is a "somewhat unfavorable" option as well. Trump is probably up near 70% combined.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,384,779 times
This is a quadrennial story no matter who the Republican candidate is; gender gap. It is what it is but it has not prevented Republicans from winning elections.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,384,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If I didn't have other reasons to hate Trump, I would still not vote for him for the way he treated Megyn Kelly. His passive aggressive bs "I'm not gonna call her a bimbo but"
Since when you became a fan of a conservative talk show on the reviled Faux News as libs call them? Trump creates strange bedfellows.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,401,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Donald Trump is everything women don't like in a man.
And he likes it like that. Women might not want Hillary for a BFF, but they all know she will serve their interests a lot more than Trump or Cruz will.

Money? Power? What's not to like?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,347,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
How he treats women he hires doesn't change the things he has said. Women will not forget hearing him tell Carly Fiorina people won't vote for her because of her face, or that he wants to see women on their knees, or Megyn Kelly bleeding out of her whatever and all the rest. A few positive comments from the people whose paychecks he signed won't change that.
I don't think those comments hurt Trump as much as some people think they will. Trump is blunt, but he often says what people think. What he said about Fiorina's looks wasn't positive, but there was a truth to it. It's ok to be homely like Fiorina or Hillary, but you have to be witty or charming or something else to get people to like you. Fiorina may be a perfectly good choice, but she didn't have the 'it' factor to stand out. As much as a feminist that Hillary is, she has always had to use Bill as her prop. She would never have made it this far without him. Bill is the charm and cover to her witchiness.

Trump's woman on her knees comment wasn't sexual although some people have chosen to see it that way. It was a playmate or centerfold who made that comment. It could have just as easily have been one of the men who made that comment. Even she admits it wasn't sexual.

The Megan Kelly comment was just some Trump bloviating. I didn't take it as a comment about her monthly cycle and neither do other people. MK is looking for attention and she took the first strike. I liked her before that debate. I saw her stunt as a low blow. Lately, she doesn't even try to appear unbiased.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM

26,220 posts, read 22,387,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
republicans in general are viewed unfavorably by women, if only for their extreme nosiness about what happens in women's bedrooms and doctor visits.

If a candidate is viewed increasingly unfavorably by US women (j50% - up from 40% in November), wonder how many of them will choose not to vote for that candidate if he gets nominated? Kinda difficult to get elected if half of the female half of the population, and growing, doesn't want ya, eh?

Half of U.S. women have 'very unfavorable' view of Trump -poll
Not by me! What do you mean by "extreme nosiness about what happens in women's bedrooms and doctor visits"? I never heard anything like that. Oh, you aren't talking about prostitution and killing of pre-born humans? I'm a woman and I don't really support those things although it you wanted to prostitute for a living, I really don't care since it involves consenting adults but when you involve a pre-born human, I do have a problem with that. As a mother, I cannot imagine how anyone has "that" done to their baby.

I can see that those that have ordered the termination of their baby's life would be uncomfortable with the stand that some have against the taking of human life. I cannot support a candidate that supports the taking of innocent lives. I think you'll find a lot of women that are not comfortable with the idea.

Hillary sits at the hand of Satan. I don't want to sit there with her. No thanks!

And, no, I didn't bother wasting my time with your yet another slam of my candidate, you know, the winning one. Again, your time would be better spent maybe advocating for someone that doesn't value life and makes that an important part of their candidacy, probably Bernie or Hillary.

You know, I cannot understand, as a grandmother, how Hillary, as a grandmother doesn't realize how precious life is.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:38 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,230,253 times
Lightbulb I do not believe it...

According to a CNN interview/article, he has more females in high level executive positions within the Trump organization

The way his daughter carries herself, the way she expresses herself, the confidence she exudes does not correspond with someone with a father who does not respect women. The two do not go together....

When a woman grows up with a father who disrespects women, it shapes their personality, their choices,
their outlook, etc.

Also, she respects & loves her father. And she is very proud of him.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:39 PM

902 posts, read 1,115,179 times
half of US women have unfavorable view of trump... wonder why?

well, half of US women have an unfavorable view of any Republican candidate, because..... half of US women (and men) are Democrats

there is nothing trump can do to win over democrats (women or men)

there is nothing Hillary can do to win over Republicans (women or men)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections