Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Jimmy Carter should be THE Democratic hero but they turn their back on him because of his faith.

It just proves that there is most certainly a terrible cancer in the Democratic Party and Satan is behind it. There is no doubt in my mind.
Who has turned their back on Jimmy Carter? He has gone on to do many, many good things with his foundation following his presidency, much like Bill Clinton has. I'm proud to say Carter is a Democrat. He builds homes for Habitat For Humanity and The Carter Center is responsible for eradicating the Guinea worm, which is only the second human disease to ever be eradicated in history. Meanwhile GWB sits in a bathtub painting pictures of his toes.

If I believed in Satan I would have to believe he is having a lot of fun with Republicans this election season, putting Trump and Cruz at the top of the heap. The guy has a wicked sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 08:01 AM

52,808 posts, read 48,226,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
In the wacky world of U.S. politics, religious beliefs unfortunately play a role. Ben Carson claimed that a "sign from God" in the forms of visions that friends had and also friends calling him that hadn't called him for some time were clearly indicative of God's plan that Trump should be president. As a secular non-religious American, I want to personally apologize to the other developed world for too many of our citizens who think like Ben Carson. I know it must seem strange to you just how religious people are in this country and the crazy things they believe, but you can't make this stuff up people. Hopefully Christianity will go by the wayside in the next 50 years in the U.S. otherwise stupid stuff like this will keep happening. Ben Carson may be a respected neurosurgeon, but when it comes to religion, he is a certified nutjob.

Ben Carson Endorses Donald Trump After Receiving A Sign From God

Well, if Trump gets the nomination, then we have to side with whoever the last person standing is, and so does Dr Carson. We cannot afford not to this year, with everything Americans cherish at stake in this election. Carson has to be realistic now. If we let a Democrat win again this year like we did in 2012, then this country will face damage like you never knew existed.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:06 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Well, if Trump gets the nomination, then we have to side with whoever the last person standing is, and so does Dr Carson. We cannot afford not to this year, with everything Americans cherish at stake in this election. Carson has to be realistic now. If we let a Democrat win again this year like we did in 2012, then this country will face damage like you never knew existed.
The bold is what a Trump presidency will result in. The rest of the world can see that and are justifiably worried that voters like you will make that a reality. As are all the sane Americans.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:06 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,204,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
In the wacky world of U.S. politics, religious beliefs unfortunately play a role. Ben Carson claimed that a "sign from God" in the forms of visions that friends had and also friends calling him that hadn't called him for some time were clearly indicative of God's plan that Trump should be president. As a secular non-religious American, I want to personally apologize to the other developed world for too many of our citizens who think like Ben Carson. I know it must seem strange to you just how religious people are in this country and the crazy things they believe, but you can't make this stuff up people. Hopefully Christianity will go by the wayside in the next 50 years in the U.S. otherwise stupid stuff like this will keep happening. Ben Carson may be a respected neurosurgeon, but when it comes to religion, he is a certified nutjob.

Ben Carson Endorses Donald Trump After Receiving A Sign From God
To me it sounds like he just overdosed on whatever pills he takes that make him look sleepy all the time. Who knows...

Religious belief is going down in the USA. Not as low as some EU countries but we'll get there! Here's an interesting article from Pew:

Most and least religious U.S. states | Pew Research Center

Old 03-18-2016, 08:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
But I thought he had a sign from god to run for president. Was god mistaken in that message?
It's a puzzle, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh I think god wanted him to run alright - god just didn't want him to *win*.
So it appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Apparently the GOP is not following God, but following their own idea that Trump won't be president even though the people are voting him in. Looks like Ben is seeing the same vision that many voters have concerning Donald Trump.
Based on your reasoning, God clearly wanted Obama to win twice and most definitely wants Obama to pick the next Supreme Court justice.

Quote:
Jimmy Carter should be THE Democratic hero but they turn their back on him because of his faith.

It just proves that there is most certainly a terrible cancer in the Democratic Party and Satan is behind it. There is no doubt in my mind.
OR, it could prove that God loves the Obama because he catapulted him to success in the last two presidential races.

P.S. Democrats don't hate Jimmy Carter. You'll see that the vitriol directed his way mostly comes from Republicans.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:59 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,402,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh I think god wanted him to run alright - god just didn't want him to *win*.
I believe that Carson's candidacy had a purpose. Cruz attacked him in the first caucus and that showed us Cruz's true colors. That is indeed a service to mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Trump will certainly win because everybody else will be having a nervous breakdown. Too bad they didn't get the memo to read the book, THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. Trump not only read it, he is using the rules in the book to win an election. It pays to read.
Not only reading is required. One must be able to comprehend what they read. Have you not read some of the links by the anti-Trumps? They seem to lack that ability to comprehend what they read or are just "naive" enough to think the headline tells it all. I'm reading "Art of the Deal" and it is very interesting and inciteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Jimmy Carter is cancer free. He stated a lot of people must have prayed for him.

Jimmy was the first Presidential nominee I remember who stressed his religious faith.

I fear those with an irrational faith in government.
They believe "Uncle" will take care of them. Time they started taking care of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I hate to disappoint everyone, but Carson never said it was a sign from God.

Here is what this article is claiming he said.

Carson: I prayed about it a lot, and I got a lot of indications, people calling me that I haven’t talked to for a long time saying, I had this dream about you and Donald Trump.

I wonder if this is even a correct quote , I mean, who the heck is the "Progressive Secular Humanist", and why would anyone take them seriously.
Again, reading comprehension problem. The US must stress getting our schools in order. A good education is an absolute necessity if our country is to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And makes a ton more money in year than you could in a lifetime.
This is actually the 2nd post today misquoting what Carson has said. I think it is a reading comprehension problem. I think the frustration, hopelessness and envy of the anti-Trumps is really letting us see who and what they are. Darn proud to not be a part of "THEM".

Quote:
Apparently the GOP is not following God, but following their own idea that Trump won't be president even though the people are voting him in. Looks like Ben is seeing the same vision that many voters have concerning Donald Trump.
They are all huffy because they can't use Carson's endorsement to scream "TRUMP IS A RACIST". Hasn't that been mostly what the anti-Trumps have been crying about lately?

Quote:
I believe that. Many people dream of inventions,ideas,solutions,and answers. God works in strange ways.
I agree. I just wish He would backhand Hillary into oblivion, but His idea of just letting her hang herself may just work too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just more evidence that Carson is woefully unqualified to be president.
Didn't you get the message? Carson dropped out of the race. He was definitely not the worst of the candidates like the proven liability Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Promise of a job.
And, there is no proof of that. If you aren't Trump and you aren't Carson, your statement needs a link and not the stupid one someone used earlier that was debunked by reading more than a headline!

Gosh, they say that Trump supporters are "uneducated", then what the heck is the problem with the anti-Trumps. I have a few thoughts, but those that support Trump, the only ones worth the effort, already know the problem.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:18 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,699,727 times
A dollar sign from God?

Old 03-18-2016, 12:11 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,769,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Thanks for putting God in caps... Shows you believe...
Are you kidding me??!! I put it in caps because as far as I know it's a proper noun, not because I believe. Yet another facepalm for the believer.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:18 PM

23,855 posts, read 13,861,728 times
Quote:

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm an atheist, and I think Jimmy Carter is an absolutely great human being. So do all the Ds I know, religious or not.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
And on the other side, obama tries to see god in other people:

"But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do, that's what I pray to do every day." OBAMA

Some believe in this stuff, some don't. Not our place to judge in my view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections