Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 12:29 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,285,161 times

Advertisements

Is this the sign that Carson got?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 02:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Some believe in this stuff, some don't. Not our place to judge in my view.
When they use those beliefs to try and influence our politics, then we absolutely have a right to judge.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:18 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
When they use those beliefs to try and influence our politics, then we absolutely have a right to judge.
Agreed. If we let believers go unchallenged in their beliefs, then we give tacit approval of them.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:20 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm an atheist, and I think Jimmy Carter is an absolutely great human being. So do all the Ds I know, religious or not.
I think he has done some very good work also. I agree. He just holds to the delusional belief system called Christianity.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
In the wacky world of U.S. politics, religious beliefs unfortunately play a role. Ben Carson claimed that a "sign from God" in the forms of visions that friends had and also friends calling him that hadn't called him for some time were clearly indicative of God's plan that Trump should be president. As a secular non-religious American, I want to personally apologize to the other developed world for too many of our citizens who think like Ben Carson. I know it must seem strange to you just how religious people are in this country and the crazy things they believe, but you can't make this stuff up people. Hopefully Christianity will go by the wayside in the next 50 years in the U.S. otherwise stupid stuff like this will keep happening. Ben Carson may be a respected neurosurgeon, but when it comes to religion, he is a certified nutjob.

Ben Carson Endorses Donald Trump After Receiving A Sign From God
Apparently the wrong sign. And, seriously, who calls this an endorsement? It's like, look, even if he stinks as president, it's only four years. Lol.

"Even if Donald Trump turns out not to be such a great president, which I don't think is the case, I think he's going to surround himself with really good people,†Carson said. “But even if he didn't, we're only looking at four years as opposed to multiple generations and perhaps the loss of the American dream forever."

After Endorsing Trump, Carson Says He’s Not First Choice - US News

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Christians respect everyone, and you should be embarrassed to call anyone who is a believer a "nutjob".

may you wish you had saved as many lives as he did.

our country was founded as a christian nation, and will remain a christian nation as long as most of us are breathing. You just haven't reconciled both sides of your brain, because you are still in the "know it all" stage of your life.

why do you even care what anybody else thinks about Christianity?

how many people (besides yourself) actually care what the rest of the "developed world" thinks?
Wrong, this nation was founded on Judeo-Christian VALUES, not as a Christian nation. That is the entire reason for the First Amendment!!

Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
God also sent an angel to tutor Dr. Quackson..... in his sleep.

Wait... what??!?!?

Ben Carson Says God Sent an Angel To Tutor Him In His Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I believe that. Many people dream of inventions,ideas,solutions,and answers. God works in strange ways.
I agree. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with with some creative ideas or I solve a problem, etc. I can believe he studied or was tutored in his sleep because that was what was on his mind when he went to bed.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:24 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,590 times
Is there still any Republican out there who doesn't think that Ben Carson is just trolling conservatives to make money post-retirement at the expense of conservative beliefs?

Old 03-18-2016, 05:49 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
And there is still not even a scintilla of evidence to suggest that My God does not exist. Funny how that road goes both ways.

I think you've been duped, CSD ... massively duped...

Old 03-18-2016, 06:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiehuff View Post
Lol. I think the repubs are going to commit mass suicide come this Nov. Even the white wing pundits think Clinton will be the next prez. Trump has no chance
Not sure if that was a typo, but I laughed. Right wing or white wing.

Both work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections