Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 12:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Clearly, you haven't watched the video, or you would know that she didn't laugh about the child at all.

More than that, she was appointed, and she was obligated to provide the best defense she could. That is her legal obligation.
I watched it and she laughed on a matter that shouldn't be a laughing matter. Do you have kids? Would you find this appropriate if it were your kid/someone in your family and this lady was on the other side laughing, who's life was shattered by this monster? Perhaps I don't want to hear the answer. I think most people with feeling/a conscious feel this is disgusting behavior. I think this is cold and most unprofessional behavior at the least.

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"If and when Hillary decides to run for president her record is going to be scrutinized anew and stories about how she has conducted herself in positions of power will certainly be germane to the campaign," Miller told ABC News.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...b_1818648.html

"Yes, politicians are more likely than people in the general population to be sociopaths. I think you would find no expert in the field of sociopathy/psychopathy/antisocial personality disorder who would dispute this... That a small minority of human beings literally have no conscience was and is a bitter pill for our society to swallow — but it does explain a great many things, shamelessly deceitful political behavior being one. "

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sociopath

"a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. "

Last edited by stevek64; 03-18-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 01:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I watched it and she laughed on a matter that shouldn't be a laughing matter. Do you have kids? Would you find this appropriate if it were your kid/someone in your family and this lady was on the other side laughing, who's life was shattered by this monster? Perhaps I don't want to hear the answer. I think most people with feeling/a conscious feel this is disgusting behavior. I think this is cold and most unprofessional behavior at the least.

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"If and when Hillary decides to run for president her record is going to be scrutinized anew and stories about how she has conducted herself in positions of power will certainly be germane to the campaign," Miller told ABC News.
She didn't laugh about the child at all. If you have an ounce of integrity, you will concede that.

As for assigning blame in this matter. It belongs to the prosecutors who mishandled evidence.

It does not belong the the court-appointed pro bono attorney who is LEGALLY and ETHICALLY obligated to provide the best and most thorough defense possible.

If you don't understand how our justice system functions, and why court-appointed attorneys have to defend their clients to the best of their abilities, and how that obligation protects us ALL, then I can't help you. But your anger is misplaced.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:06 PM

And having met Secretary Clinton many years ago, I can assure you she is not psychopathic or sociopathic. She has devoted herself tirelessly to advancing the interests of and defending the rights of children.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
She didn't laugh about the child at all. If you have an ounce of integrity, you will concede that.

As for assigning blame in this matter. It belongs to the prosecutors who mishandled evidence.

It does not belong the the court-appointed pro bono attorney who is LEGALLY and ETHICALLY obligated to provide the best and most thorough defense possible.

If you don't understand how our justice system functions, and why court-appointed attorneys have to defend their clients to the best of their abilities, and how that obligation protects us ALL, then I can't help you. But your anger is misplaced.
The Hillary Tapes - Washington Free Beacon

"The recordings, which date from 1983-1987 and have never before been reported, include Clinton’s suggestion that she knew Taylor was guilty at the time. She says she used a legal technicality to plead her client, who faced 30 years to life in prison, down to a lesser charge. "

Quote:
And having met Secretary Clinton many years ago, I can assure you she is not psychopathic or sociopathic. She has devoted herself tirelessly to advancing the interests of and defending the rights of children.
"The full story of the Taylor defense calls into question Clinton’s narrative of her early years as a devoted women and children’s advocate in Arkansas—a narrative the 2016 presidential frontrunner continues to promote on her current book tour."

"Champion" of woman and child rights, eh?

Hypocrite | Define Hypocrite at Dictionary.com

"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs."

And you "met" someone and feel you really know them, eh? Oh my goodness....

Actions speak louder than words for those who choose to open their eyes. I suppose you have a bunch of good excuses for her email server in her house which is against the rules. And a "woman champion" who sticks by her husband who was cheating on her.

oh, and she never lied either apparently:

Clinton won't say she's never lied to Americans | Washington Examiner

Can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by stevek64; 03-18-2016 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 01:22 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:

"The recordings, which date from 1983-1987 and have never before been reported, include Clinton’s suggestion that she knew Taylor was guilty at the time. She says she used a legal technicality to plead her client, who faced 30 years to life in prison, down to a lesser charge. "

"The full story of the Taylor defense calls into question Clinton’s narrative of her early years as a devoted women and children’s advocate in Arkansas—a narrative the 2016 presidential frontrunner continues to promote on her current book tour."

"Champion" of woman and child rights, eh?

Hypocrite | Define Hypocrite at Dictionary.com

"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs."

And you "met" someone and feel you really know them, eh? Oh my goodness....

Actions speak louder than words for those who choose to open their eyes. I suppose you have a bunch of good excuses for her email server in her house which is against the rules. And a "woman champion" who sticks by her husband who was cheating on her.
That's what defense lawyers do. They defend their clients, even if they think they're guilty. It's how our legal system works and is part of the due process guaranteed by the Constitution. She and the prosecutor agreed to a plea deal, which happens thousands of times a day all over the country. It in no way reflects upon the integrity of the defense attorney, nor does it reflect upon the moral beliefs of the defense attorney.

If you think this is a way to bring down Hillary Clinton you're going to be very disappointed.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That's what defense lawyers do. They defend their clients. She and the prosecutor agreed to a plea deal, which happens thousands of times a day all over the country. It in no way reflects upon the integrity of the defense attorney, nor does it reflect upon the moral beliefs of the defense attorney.

If you think this is a way to bring down Hillary Clinton you're going to be very disappointed.
Yes, but she was not hired to laugh at the situation. And we have an individual who sells herself as a "champion" of child rights. Such a person wouldn't work as a defensive attorney, using a technicality to get a child rapist a much more lenient sentence, wouldn't you think? Can't have it both ways. The scary infatuation some have of her will figure a way to rationalize it though as it sounds like you're doing. More power to you. I have a much more opened mind on changing my own mind when information becomes available on a matter that I didn't know about before.

My point is to provide information that is freely available on the web and express my views on various matters on CD. It's up to the voters to decide if she has a moral compass to be president. Personally, I trust NONE OF THEM!

Old 03-18-2016, 01:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:
Yes, but she was not hired to laugh at the situation. And we have an individual who sells herself as a "champion" of child rights. Such a person wouldn't work as a defensive attorney, using a technicality to get a child rapist a much more lenient sentence, wouldn't you think? Can't have it both ways. The scary infatuation some have of her will figure a way to rationalize it though as it sounds like you're doing. More power to you. I have a much more opened mind on changing my own mind when information becomes available on a matter that I didn't know about before.

My point is to provide information that is freely available on the web and express my views on various matters on CD. It's up to the voters to decide if she has a moral compass to be president. Personally, I trust NONE OF THEM!
I listened to the tape and she was not laughing at the child and she was certainly not laughing about her client getting away with rape. She laughed in an incredulous manner at the results of the polygraph test and at the absurdity of the fact that the state crime lab basically destroyed a piece of evidence. That's something trial lawyers do when they get together. In this case she was asked about it during an interview.

She was running a criminal trial clinic at the law school and as was asked to take on a difficult case. Lawyers take on difficult cases all the time and once appointed, it is their ethical duty to do the best they can for their client. That's what she did.

There is nothing inconsistent about a attorney who advocates for women's and children's rights, looking at the evidence available to the prosecution in a rape case and negotiating a plea bargain for her client. There may appear to be a disconnect to you, but it's how the criminal defense system works.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Because the law requires a defense attorney to defend their client, regardless of guilt.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Because the law requires a defense attorney to defend their client, regardless of guilt.
Then hillary can stop being a hypocrite and take down her title of "champion" of child rights. It's like someone who says they are a champion of everything vegan yet decides to work in a slaughterhouse.

You don't need that definition of hypocrite again, do you?

oh, and again, laughing/smug attitude is not part of the "law" for a defensive attorney when discussing the case in such a manner. Enlighten me please if this is part of the job title description I missed.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Then hillary can stop being a hypocrite and take down her title of "champion" of child rights. It's like someone who says they are a champion of everything vegan yet decides to work in a slaughterhouse.

oh, and again, laughing/smug attitude is not part of the "law" for a defensive attorney. Enlighten me please if this is part of the job title description I missed.

You don't need that definition of hypocrite again, do you?
She is a champion of children's rights.

And being incredulous at another's incompetence is called being human.

She did not make a career out of defending criminals. As a lawyer, she worked on contracts and trusts, primarily. However, lawyers are routinely asked to donate their time to defend clients, and often have no choice about whom they defend. I'm sure that this was not a client that she would have chosen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections