Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times

Advertisements

Too many Dems worked very hard to get Trump to this position. They certainly don't want the Repub "brain trust" upsetting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 05:13 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,786,434 times
If Trump gets the required number of delegates, why shouldn't he get the nomination? I don't understand.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:16 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,176,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Hey, there are posters on different forums, who are paid just to BASH Mr. Trump. And TROLL the forums...ummm
City-Data is ranked around 2,000th in terms of traffic. And we are talking about just one of the gazillion forums on C-D. Not worth it for anyone to pay. Besides, posting facts is not trolling.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,860,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntwonShabazz View Post
Thread is a ridiculous troll. How could the Republicans possibly ever persuade people to vote for them after they prove that the most popular candidate that they've had since Reagan gets pushed aside (and all the people that voted for him are disregarded) and only because some pantywaists from the Democratic Party do not like him.

Remember the Tea Party? We're back again. Remember when people said that the Tea Party would be over when the corporate money went away? That didn't happen either. I remember how polite and well-mannered the Tea Party was, and how the media still insisted on calling them every name in the book. Simultaneous with that, the "Occupy" movement was trashing every place they infested, urinating and defecating in public, rapes, assaults, robberies and the media treated them like victims when law enforcement was finally forced to mace them in order to get them to dispurse.

Americans are tired of the manipulative mass media, and these propaganda tactics no longer work on us. The more united the media becomes in opposition to Trump, the more his success is guaranteed.
Any "Tea Party" that is voting for Trump is NOT the Tea Party that I remember and is NOT what my friends who are members of the Tea Party would claim!!

Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,551,397 times
OMG, what next, an article describing how Trump may not become president even if he wins every state in the nation? wow, this Trump derangement syndrome is a nasty bug indeed.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:15 PM

465 posts, read 258,804 times
Quote:
Oh, and by the way, Mr. Trump does NOT give up.

Yup. Trump does NOT give up!

Unless of course, you're Trump Steaks, Trump Shuttle, Trump Travel, Trump University, a creditor for one of his many bankrupt companies, a spouse with a wrinkle, monogamy, kindness, and balding gracefully....because he definitely, definitely gave up on all those things.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:16 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times
It's lose - lose for the GOP

Heads: Trump is their nominee and they lose the presidency and the senate, with lots of house seats gone, too.

Tails: They derail Trump and his supporters stay home, resulting in a historic Republican defeat in November.

They should have listened to Barry 20 years ago:

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Quote by Barry Goldwater:

Old 03-18-2016, 04:21 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,453,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The difference? The Republican Party nullifying more than 50 primary elections throughout the entire US.

It would destroy the Party given the definitive proof that they don't believe in the voting rights of all Americans except for the very few who would then assume dictatorial powers available only to themselves. Which, in turn, would destroy those who attempted this takeover.
Yeah,thats a pretty BIG difference....which anyone in any party should be capable of understanding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections