Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

"Pollster Trend

• Unfavorable 53.6%
  • Favorable 41.6%
  • Undecided"
Just to throw a little balance on the "trump trump trump!" obsession posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:16 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
...and yet, Trump is even less likable, ouch...

Donald Trump Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

Unfavorable 62.4%
Favorable 33.2%

Old 03-17-2016, 11:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Trump, Trump, Trump

Pollster Trend

Unfavorable 62.4%
Favorable 33.2%
Undecided

You win, Mr. Trump

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump, Trump, Trump

Pollster Trend

Unfavorable 62.4%
Favorable 33.2%
Undecided

You win, Mr. Trump

Mick
If/when he becomes the nominee, I have a feeling hillary's unfavorable numbers will be much higher, especially when stories like this from the "champion" of woman's and children rights start getting front page news.

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...-politics.html

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

" "If and when Hillary decides to run for president her record is going to be scrutinized anew and stories about how she has conducted herself in positions of power will certainly be germane to the campaign," Miller told ABC News."

I think most will agree the lady has some major baggage that hasn't even been exposed to any big level yet.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If/when he becomes the nominee, I have a feeling hillary's unfavorable numbers will be much higher, especially when stories like this from the "champion" of woman's and children rights start getting front page news.

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...-politics.html

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

" "If and when Hillary decides to run for president her record is going to be scrutinized anew and stories about how she has conducted herself in positions of power will certainly be germane to the campaign," Miller told ABC News."

I think most will agree the lady has some major baggage that hasn't even been exposed to any big level yet.
It's been out there for years already on fringe media. . . . nice theory.

Because Hillary was doing her job as a defense lawyer in conjunction with a law school clinic 40 years ago, women will conclude that Mr. Trump is better for women's issues? At least he loves Planned Parenthood - I wonder why. . .

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
It's been out there for years already on fringe media. . . . nice theory.

Because Hillary was doing her job as a defense lawyer in conjunction with a law school clinic 40 years ago, women will conclude that Mr. Trump is better for women's issues? At least he loves Planned Parenthood - I wonder why. . .

Mick
Her job title was to laugh/giggle on such a serious matter, child rape, that has ruined a kids life/family, eh?. Do you have kids and you really feel like that? As for the "fringe media", you're deflecting.....I didn't know abcnews was "fringe" and I'm sure the recording of hillary talking is just a right wing fabrication, like the email server in her home that was against the rules, planted by the other side.

I'm simply stating someone who's a self-professed "champion" of woman's and children rights who acts in such a manner =:

Hypocrite | Definition of Hypocrite by Merriam-Webster

"a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs"

Many people apparently have no problem admiring/voting for what many would call an A+ hypocrite on the matter.

And why do I have a feeling if a guy in either party, or especially trump, did something like this 40 years ago, it wouldn't be so conveniently put outside the headlines? I guarantee it wouldn't.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Her job title was to laugh/giggle on such a serious matter, child rape, that has ruined a kids life/family, eh?. Do you have kids and you really feel like that? As for the "fringe media", you're deflecting.....I didn't know abcnews was "fringe" and I'm sure the recording of hillary talking is just a right wing fabrication, like the email server in her home that was against the rules, planted by the other side.

I'm simply stating someone who's a self-professed "champion" of woman's and children rights who acts in such a manner =:

Hypocrite | Definition of Hypocrite by Merriam-Webster

"a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs"

Many people apparently have no problem admiring/voting for what many would call an A+ hypocrite on the matter.

And why do I have a feeling if a guy in either party, or especially trump, did something like this 40 years ago, it wouldn't be so conveniently put outside the headlines? I guarantee it wouldn't.
That's the right's version.

But then this:

Quote:
The nits that Clinton detractors have picked are so inconsequential as to appear downright desperate. Basically, the complaint is that Clinton sounds like a human being instead of a someone playing a role, and she periodically laughs at some of the absurd situations that you sometimes find yourself in when you work as a public defender. In particular, two laughs are being singled out as some kind of evidence of secret non-feminism on Clinton’s part. At one point, when discussing how the prosecution fumbled the case, Clinton laughs at their screw-up. At another point, Clinton laughs at her client, saying that he passed the polygraph test, “which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs.”

Notably, Clinton does not actually laugh at the rape victim, so any anger over the laughter is not in defense of the victim. The notion that anyone who has had to do a job dealing with rapists is not allowed to ever have a laugh about the absurdities of the work itself—or the lies that rapists come up with to deflect blame—is a notion clearly invented just to hold Clinton to it. And is a notion that will be abandoned the second it’s not politically expedient in the future.
Hillary Clinton Knows Rape Is No Laughing Matter - The Daily Beast

Good to see GOP becoming a women's advocate.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
That's the right's version.

But then this:

Hillary Clinton Knows Rape Is No Laughing Matter - The Daily Beast

Good to see GOP becoming a women's advocate.

Mick
"Tapes of Hillary Clinton’s role in defending an accused rapist as a public defender in ’75 only show her doing her job."

Again, laughing about a point(s) on the trial of a child rapist is doing her job? That's a good one! Sure, most rational people would find laughing many times on the matter of a rape of a child is a rational thing to do, a laughing matter, most people would agree, wouldn't they? Come on, Mick.

"It’s a testament to how important feminism has become to electoral politics". Oh, good grief, please. Talk about the rationalization of this in a most painful manner. And the daily beast isn't fringe, eh?

So what we have here is a case that no matter what people do that's morally objectionable, flip, downright mean, just file it under "just doing the job, boss!". Yep. Uh huh. Think that would work for trump on the other side? Ha!

Again, my main point, it's funny how somethings can get rationalized and both sides are guilty. This editorial piece you listed is especially painful to read from that standpoint. Such actions indicate a broken moral compass in my book, at least the way I was brought up and that's the obvious point to not laugh at such a serious sad situation and rationalize it all as "it's the job"! I believe we are dealing with people that largely would sell their own grandmother to gain/attain power so we shouldn't be surprised. What I am surprised/disappointed with is voters give the woman a free pass on this......so far anyways, until the nominee on the other side more than likely runs with this. Won't be pretty is my guess. But I suppose never underestimate the moral compass of more than a few voters.

Last edited by stevek64; 03-18-2016 at 12:12 AM..

Old 03-18-2016, 12:05 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Chelsea Clinton sits on the board of directors of the company that owns The Daily Beast. Its a huge Clinton love fest over at the Daily Beast.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:36 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
I look in the mirror and have an unfavorable view of myself.

That doesn't mean that I am going to vote myself out of existence (at least not yet).

The same goes in politics.

Favorable or unfavorable view is just one factor.

Just like in football, there are spreads and favorites, but on Sunday we play the game with the players that we have.

Well, in US elections, it's usually on a Tuesday (let's not get into that), so on any given Tuesday ...

So let's go out there and vote and see what happens.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections