Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 07:00 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,647,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
I get it, this is one of those threads where someone asks a question, gets the answer, and then pretends to not see the answer, or that the answer is somehow invalid. Gotcha.

There have been specific examples of things he has said and done posted right here. I, as a Black person, took the bait and even listed a few examples myself. For those who need ADDITIONAL answers, they have been encouraged to do some research because Google is free.

Despite this, I keep seeing Trumpeters say "He has done NOTHING!"

If nothing else, y'all are consistent.
I knew I was wasting my time looking through 14 plus pages. After over 135 post no one can produce a single in-context video of Trump making racist remarks against black people. It's 14 pages of accusations, repeated media lies, speculation, and innuendo. It's time to end this topic with the definitive answer being "no."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 07:01 PM

63,352 posts, read 29,423,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
The thing is, Republicans could EASILY change it, and choose not to. I'm not dumb enough to believe that all Republicans are racist, I know that most aren't...BUT most racists are Republican, and the GOP has refused to renounce or stifle that faction of the party. As a matter of fact they have encouraged it, and now the Tea Party, and Trump have consumed the party, while leaving those common-sense Republicans who know how to come across the aisle and get things done, out in the cold.

You can't pander to a dying group (bigots), and ignore a growing one (minorities), and expect your party to thrive. The result is that those minority groups will often choose ANYONE but the GOP candidate, because they feel that their survival and freedom depend on it.

Since we have a large baby boomer and older generation why not pander to them? Are you suggesting that they are mostly bigots? They are no more bigoted than any other generation in this country. Why not pander to law abiding Americans regardless of their age, race or ethnic origin? That's what makes sense but far too many politicians especially on the left don't take that into consideration. They'd rather pander to minorities regardless of whether they respect our laws or not and many who have a tribal mentality rather than the national interests at heart. Wouldn't they be the bigots then?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Very well said. Even if someone could make the dubious argument that Don is not a racist,
he is pandering to the racist wing of the GOP to get votes.

They would be the minority not the majority of GOPers and how is he pandering to them? How about this? The Democrats are pandering to racists who think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws? Pot, kettle, black.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
LMAO.

Like...most Mexican illegal immigrants are "rapists" ?

Like...."81% of white homicide victims were killed by blacks" ?

Like....that Muslims in the USA have to be legally registered into a database ?

Like...."calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" ?

No, I hardly think that "almost every person in the United States" has shared the racist ideas Trump has espoused. It's pretty sad if you have had these thoughts.

When did Trump say that "most" Mexican illegal aliens are rapists? Besides, why should anyone give a damn what is said about law breakers anyway?

I don't know the stats of black on white crime so I can't comment on that.

What's wrong with not allowing a certain group into our country unless they can be properly vetted as non-terrorists?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:33 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,211,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The MSM said so therefore it must be true.
DeBlasio and Hillary called him a racist.

The left wants your votes. Play to emotions in that you'd never elect a "racist" as President.

With Romney they ripped apart his finances.
They can't do that with Trump so they had to find something else.
On the other thread, there was someone on FOX who heard Trump say "Let's make America white again." That sounds pretty racist to me.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:00 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,691,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They would be the minority not the majority of GOPers and how is he pandering to them? How about this? The Democrats are pandering to racists who think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws? Pot, kettle, black.

I did not say the racist wing of the Republican party was either a minority or majority.
And yes I agree, all politicians pander.

Last edited by Eddyline; 03-18-2016 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 08:02 PM

9,024 posts, read 13,901,794 times
Let's be clear-i still see posters giving me examples of anti-hispanic and anti Muslim comments.

I want anti-black comments out of Trump's mouth.

The "Go back to Africa comment",i got to look that one up.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:04 PM

9,024 posts, read 13,901,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
From listening to Donald John Trump for years on Howard Stern, and watching his Apprentice series, I do not think Mr. Trump is 'racist'.

However, I do think some of his followers are, and that they are not the brightest bulbs around. To some, when Mr. Trump talked of deporting Muslims, and banning Muslims from entering the country, these 'low educated' people (whom Mr. Trump said he 'loved') think that Mr. Trump is talking about black people.

Some believe that Muslim = black, and black = Muslim (one does not have to search very hard on this forum for people whom believe that because President Obama is black, he must be Muslim).

Sometimes it is not the message itself, but how the audience perceives the message. Hence, when Mr. Trump talks of banning Muslims and such, some listeners think he is 'winking' at them, and they believe themselves able to deduce the real meaning behind the words.
I believe that it is some of his followers that are racist.

BUT,so are Bernie Sanders.

When blacks did not vote for him in the south,there were racist tweet from his followers(a large part of which are young white males)

Old 03-18-2016, 08:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,724,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
On the other thread, there was someone on FOX who heard Trump say "Let's make America white again." That sounds pretty racist to me.
Only Trump didn't say it. They made that up.

What Trump has been saying is "Let's make America great again".

See, you believe what you were told from TV.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,724,380 times
The BLM activists said there are "Dems" and "Racists".

So if you are not a Dem then you are a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections