Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 PM

63,229 posts, read 29,351,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I will quote a better writer then myself....

"...if someone who says Mexican immigrants in America are disproportionately likely to be rapists, argues that Muslims should not be allowed into the United States, and repeats sleazy urban legends about the behavior of American Muslims and black people is not a racist, then the word has no meaning."

Illegal aliens aren't Mexican "immigrants". He said nothing about them being disproportionately likely to be rapists either. He said that Mexico is sending us their rapists. Legal immigrants aren't send here they come on their own. Mexico is encouraging their criminals to come here and that would include some rapists, etc. That's not to say that all Mexican illegal aliens are rapists though and Trump never said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 09:00 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,633,398 times
One random 3am tweet does not make Donald Trump a racist. Though that graphic on black-on-white crime was grossly inaccurate, the highlighted portions were about numbers of black-on-black crime vs. blacks killed by cops. It was a rapid-fire response to people tweeting about cops killing blacks. So he did not take the time in the middle of the night to research a graphic on social media...Has he said anything at all in his speeches about black people, or anything in his position papers on his website? No. Nothing except pointing out that black youth unemployment is 50% in some areas, and they need the jobs he will create. Hillary and Bernie only talk about the black community in terms of prison and drugs. Then what? People not in prison still need a livelihood.

Notice that black people who've personally known and been friends with Trump for years endorse him--Herschel Walker, Mike Tyson, Omarosa, Pastor Mark Burns, his spokesperson Katrina Pierson. (And Trump housed Jennifer Hudson and her entire family for free in his building after the death of her family. Are those the actions of a racist?) They are not politicians so have nothing to gain professionally from a Trump presidency, and only ridicule and scorn to gain from their own community. But we're supposed to ignore their judgment over the opinions of random 19 year-old activists who think the fate of black Americans is somehow tied to Mexican illegals and Muslims from countries that still own slaves?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:02 PM

39,363 posts, read 27,753,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
Yes. I can.

But I won't.

It's been posted hundreds of times, and all you have to do is search google. .
Thought so. Just because something has been posted hundreds of times, doesn't make it true.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:05 PM

39,363 posts, read 27,753,989 times
Quote:

That said, spewing out racist tweets is racist whether or not it happened at a certain time of day.
This I do agree. But I think everybody knows there are some differences between ILLEGALS and immigrants from Mexico.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
There are 4o million, legal, eligible to vote hispanics in the USA.
(and there is another nine million lawful permanent residents that are eligible to become citizens).

That is a whole lot of don't matter.

Hispanics have a low voter turnout. Only 12 million of them voted in the last election. Compared to non-Hispanic citizens in this country they are merely a drop in the bucket.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I did not say the racist wing of the Republican party was either a minority or majority.
And yes I agree, all politicians pander.

You did say that the GOP and or Trump is pandering to the racist wing of the Republican party. How are they doing that?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,688,869 times
For the sake of this threat topic, the OP acknowledged that Trump had said anti-Hispanic and anti-Muslim things and that he/she wanted to hear if Trump had said anything racist against blacks.

Does ANYONE want to discuss the specific examples provided?

I tried to start a discussion in post #151.

Are these three events true?

If they are do they provide an indication that Trump is a racist?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:22 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,636,487 times
Quote:
Was there a Trumplet convention somewhere that included a seminar perhaps titled ....."Distorting Reality : How to Bring Knowledge Possessed by Non-Trumplets Down to your Level" ?

And the main point was to instruct Trumplets to see if, solely by repeatedly questioning and demanding proof of actual facts, they could somehow impugn the content of what is actually known ? (Known by informed people anyways.)

Seriously - seems like every Trumplet here has the same laughable strategy.....just demand proof of the obvious, then deny it when it's presented.

But this isn't Trumplet University. You Trumplets are responsible for remediating your own ignorance.
We are up to post 170 now and this could have been ended on post 2, but still no evidence posted. That means there probably isn't any.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,688,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We are up to post 170 now and this could have been ended on post 2, but still no evidence posted. That means there probably isn't any.
There have been dozens of examples given.
Are you at all interested in discussing the three in post #151?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:47 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,100,701 times
Quote:
Yes. I can.

But I won't.

It's been posted hundreds of times, and all you have to do is search google. Which, really, anyone deigning to post on political subjects should do anyways.

Like I said, this isn't Trumplet University - if you can't be bothered to take the effort to be even the least bit informed.......why should someone else make that effort for you ? Whether or not you remain ignorant will be your responsibility, not someone else's.
You're the one making the statement, so it's up to you to back it up.

The fact that you won't do so and only come back with insults and name-calling means you don't have an answer. Why didn't you just say you can't answer the question or just not respond instead of embarrassing yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections