Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,760,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Barack Obama was a bigot towards gays a mere 7 years ago when he declared that he believed marriage was between a man and a woman yet I'll bet you cast your vote for him.

Hypocrite much????
Source? Context?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:38 AM

264 posts, read 152,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Source? Context?
Google it because it's true. Obama also said marriage issues were best left to the state.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
Doesn't bother me at all, but they represent Black people much in the same way that a toothless, backwoods, cousin-marrying hillbilly represents White people...they don't.

In any case, I've lost the desire to discuss. You all are exactly who I thought you were. Thanks though, it's been fun.
Buh bye! We don't need your hateful rhetoric in this thread.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,704,107 times
Trump is just the mouthpiece for a pack of white racist nationalists with a bad case of xenophobia. It's his followers who are racist and he plays to that crowd. It's the fact that every black person at a Trump rally is automatically considered a thug. It's a 78 year old white dude sucker punching a black man as he is peacefully being led out of a rally and then threatening to kill him the next time. It's calling brown people rapists and criminals.

As for Trump, if he thought singing Kumbaya with a room full of black mammas on welfare would enhance his brand or personal status, he'd do it in an instant.
Mass stupidity has overtaken the nation.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:02 PM

264 posts, read 152,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Actions speak louder than words.

His actions - particularly the clear violations of the fair housing statutes - scream "racist."

Now, I fully accept that people don't perceive refusing to rent to blacks as racism.
They, like Trump, can doubtless come up with all sorts of justifications to explain why they don't consider it racism.
That's what racists do.
No that would be discrimination...preferential treatment.

Racism is when you think one race is superior to another.

"I don't want to live next to a Black person" is a form of discrimination.
"Black people are too stupid to be going to public school" is a form of racism.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:51 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon7366 View Post
No that would be discrimination...preferential treatment.

Racism is when you think one race is superior to another.

"I don't want to live next to a Black person" is a form of discrimination.
"Black people are too stupid to be going to public school" is a form of racism.
You are getting at semantics that most voters either don't realize it's not the same, or do know it's not but don't care that it's isn't. Me, I see it as the same disease, just different phases.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:20 AM

9,026 posts, read 13,918,041 times
The people at Trump's rallies might have demonstrated racism,but that is my question,which nobody can seem to answer-

Why are black people at Trump's rallies if he has not said anything against their group?

Second,how do we know the guy just did not punch him just because he was a protester?

Old 03-20-2016, 03:26 AM

9,026 posts, read 13,918,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Post #25 listed three examples him being a racist from Trumps early career.
I reposted them in post #151.

They show that Trump has always had issues with blacks.
As the OP are you claiming they did not happen?
Or are you claiming they don't make Trump a racist?
They do not.

They did not come out of his mouth.

A lot are actually hearsay.

The comment about guys wearing Jewsih guys counting his money might actually be bigoted and anti semitic.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:53 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Sort of like the way I felt when I found out Barack Obama attended the church of a virulently racist pastor for twenty years. It wouldn't even have been such a bad thing but this pastor's actual sermons were virulently racist and Obama, along with his wife and two young daughters, attended those sermons and went back week after week for more.
You might feel differently if you saw the entire sermons from Rev. Wright and think about them in context of history and experience of blacks in this country. I did, and I am not black.

Mick

Old 03-20-2016, 04:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I am not seeing it personally.

Now,do not get me wrong,he has made anti Hispanic and anti-Islam comments,but i have not seen anti-black comments.
He has not made any anti-Hispanic comments. He has stood against ILLEGAL aliens.

As for Islam (it's a "religion," not a race), everything he has said is correct. I agree that we should not be allowing anymore Muslims into the country, ESPECIALLY the so-called "refugees,' many of whom are militant Islamist Jihadists with evil intent, and no way to identify them. Remember the Boston bombers, and the San Bernardino attack. And that is to name only two incidents. There have been many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections