Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 04:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,353,455 times

Advertisements

Guess they aren't waiting till April 1st. How many groups and organizations does this make going after Trump now? 40? Thats just this country alone.

Anonymous Distributes Donald Trump’s Personal Info | Re/code
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 7,153,313 times
This is not right. Ticks me off to no end. What is happening this election cycle?

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 04:15 PM

465 posts, read 258,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This is not right. Ticks me off to no end. What is happening this election cycle?

Mick
Yeah, I can't stand the guy, and he's super fun to make fun of, but I don't wish him or anyone else harm. I really hope things calm down.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Mick
You have a candidate leading in the polls who MANY see as the next Hitler. Now that people have realized he has gone from a punchline to an actual threat of winning, they are responding in kind and trying to protect our country from a dangerous, authoritarian dictator. Thats whats happening.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:22 PM

11,787 posts, read 7,153,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You have a candidate leading in the polls who MANY see as the next Hitler. Now that people have realized he has gone from a punchline to an actual threat of winning, they are responding in kind and trying to protect our country from a dangerous, authoritarian dictator. Thats whats happening.
Would you be okay with these Anonymous guys stealing and releasing personal information of Ted Cruz? A lot of people think that he is as bad as, or worse than, Mr. Trump in some respects (of course we can argue all day whether we can fairly conflate the two . . . . . but you know what I am getting at).

I guess some jerk sent an envelope with white powder to one of Trump son's house, and his wife opened it. No one deserves that, especially someone who has nothing to do with Mr. Trump's vile rhetorics.

Let's not lose perspective . . .

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Would you be okay with these Anonymous guys stealing and releasing personal information of Ted Cruz? A lot of people think that he is as bad as, or worse than, Mr. Trump in some respects (of course we can argue all day whether we can fairly conflate the two . . . . . but you know what I am getting at).

I guess some jerk sent an envelope with white powder to one of Trump son's house, and his wife opened it. No one deserves that, especially someone who has nothing to do with Mr. Trump's vile rhetorics.

Let's not lose perspective . . .

Mick
Oh, I dont agree with it at all. However, looking at Trump's past and how he he's insulted, degraded and threatened a countless number of people and even entire races, this comes as no surprise. Its called karma.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:26 PM

20,134 posts, read 16,247,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
Yeah, I can't stand the guy, and he's super fun to make fun of, but I don't wish him or anyone else harm. I really hope things calm down.
Add me to that category.

However, this does not have a chance of calming down, and in fact will get worse, as long as he continues to poke the hornet's nest. Words are a very powerful tool, even lethal, when the person speaking them has rabid, unhinged, blindly loyal followers just waiting for an excuse to physically lash out at someone. They can also put enough fear in other people that they feel they must do something extreme to protect themselves.

Trump is playing with fire, throwing in gunpowder for extra effect, and thinks it is all like a great big reality TV show where it is just good entertainment. It's not a TV show, people can and probably will get hurt. The unknowns at this point are who, how many, and what the final trigger was. It's coming. The only person capable of putting the brakes on it is Trump.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:28 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,501,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
So you feel this is somehow justified? Shame on you! Just who is hate filled here dexter75? I've often found those who spew the most about others, like calling them hate filled, often have a greater issue themselves on the matter.

And of course we know hillary/the clintons are angels. Yes indeed.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:29 PM

26,119 posts, read 22,310,905 times
Some people here are so filled with hate that they have no "perspective". They no longer know right from wrong. I was actually saying that about Ted Cruz since it appears he no longer knows right from wrong. Hillary no longer knows right from wrong.

This is probably coming from the GOP party since they have been having a lot of "secret" meetings. I think the GOP has outlived its usefulness to this country. The party has been dying for awhile now so maybe they are now taking their final breath.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:34 PM

465 posts, read 258,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
So you feel this is somehow justified? Shame on you! Just who is hate filled here dexter75? I've often found those who spew the most about others, like calling them hate filled, often have a greater issue themselves on the matter.

And of course we know hillary/the clintons are angels. Yes indeed.
I'm guessing you're choosing to ignore the post that was LITERALLY 2 posts below the post you're so outraged about, which said he didn't agree with this behavior at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections