Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 05:08 PM

39,502 posts, read 27,881,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
If I inherit as much as Trump did, get back to me in a few decades
well, if you can turn 100 into 10000 People would be equally impressed.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:10 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The first thing they would have to face is that their dear leader has been lying to them all along about a number of issues.
I think you picked the wrong candidate if lies is the subject being discussed.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:17 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,928,616 times
Some people still don't get that electability has nothing to do with a great number of voters being fed up with the Republican establishment and those who consider themselves to be political power-brokers.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:28 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,652,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.
When Trump announced his intention to run for President, everyone brushed it off. 9 months later, people have resorted to doing everything they can to get him to drop out of the race.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:29 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,965,682 times
Quote:
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.
he's winning, so i don't feel too bad, no.

i support his policies, not the anti establishment meme.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 PM

4,640 posts, read 3,452,617 times
Quote:
Do you find it sad that people choose their college majors based on their future job prospects?
My parents brought me up that way, ruined 10 years of my life. I still see so many make that mistake. One day we will return to teaching our youth that you will ultimately make so much more money following your passion than going for the big buck degree.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:46 PM

6,132 posts, read 8,038,264 times
I watched Trump's speech in Fountain Hills on TV today. In addition to idiotic introductions by Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio, Trump said absolutely nothing substantial. He has no idea how he's going to pull off any of the ridiculous claims he's made, he just yells about how he's going to make great deals (one at a time) and he'll make America great again. He's got nothing. He's a dangerous windbag and God help the world if this buffoon actually gets elected.

This is the scariest election I've seen in my lifetime. My faith in the intelligence of the American voter is severely shaken.

I'm no fan of Clinton, but I'm really afraid she's the only thing standing in the way of a crazy megalomaniacal fascist in the White House.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,641,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
My faith in the intelligence of the American voter is severely shaken.

I'm no fan of Clinton, but I'm really afraid she's the only thing standing in the way of a crazy megalomaniacal fascist in the White House.
Donald Trump is a true American patriot with the cojones to stand up for what's right.
Parroting the lies you hear is not research.
I never had faith in the American voter.
Not one single Presidential candidate I've ever voted for has won, with the
lone exception of George Bush in 1988. It didn't take a couple years before
I spoke out against Desert Storm, so he did NOT earn my vote again.
Nothing since. Perot. Dole. Buchanan. Peroutka. Barr. Romney (gag).
This time I'm voting for Trump. Think it will break my 28 year drought ?
Please, before you criticize others, say something intelligent yourself.
Don't be a victim of Garbage-In, Garbage-Out.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:12 PM

6,132 posts, read 8,038,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Donald Trump is a true American patriot with the cojones to stand up for what's right.
Parroting the lies you hear is not research.
I never had faith in the American voter.
Not one single Presidential candidate I've ever voted for has won, with the
lone exception of George Bush in 1988. It didn't take a couple years before
I spoke out against Desert Storm, so he did NOT earn my vote again.
Nothing since. Perot. Dole. Buchanan. Peroutka. Barr. Romney (gag).
This time I'm voting for Trump. Think it will break my 28 year drought ?
Please, before you criticize others, say something intelligent yourself.
Don't be a victim of Garbage-In, Garbage-Out.
I am neither parroting anything nor am I listening to lies. I'm basing my opinion of Trump solely on what I've heard him say.

He's going to build that ridiculous wall and even more ridiculously make another country pay for it? How?

He's going to take oil from other countries? How? Militarily?

He says we should kill terrorists' families? Really?

The list goes on. What I have not heard yet is any sort of plan as to how he's going to do this...or anything else.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I am neither parroting anything nor am I listening to lies. I'm basing my opinion of Trump solely on what I've heard him say.

He's going to build that ridiculous wall and even more ridiculously make another country pay for it? How?

He's going to take oil from other countries? How? Militarily?

He says we should kill terrorists' families? Really?

The list goes on. What I have not heard yet is any sort of plan as to how he's going to do this...or anything else.
Google is your friend. You're welcome:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections