Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 12:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Today, polls show that an enormous percentage of Republicans are going to stay home, vote third party or even ... gasp.. vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.
No, they don't.

But feel free to show us a national poll of Republican voters who say they would vote for Hillary over Trump -- LOL.

You sure like to make things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I will. I'm a registered Republican. I can't stand Hillary but will EAGERLY vote for her in my primary and in the the general to stop Trump.
No Republican would ever vote for Hillary for any reason.

You are in the wrong party.

Quote:
I really fail to understand how people who said that Obama was unqualified to be president will turn around and vote for someone who says that his top foreign policy adviser is HIMSELF
That's just another way of saying that he will make the final decisions -- just like Obama does.

You anti-Trumps will jump on anything and turn it from a molehill into a mountain.

If it will make you feel better -- not that you are in the least bit interested -- Trump has announced that Senator Sessions is helping to put together a foreign policy team as of this writing.

Quote:
This is the time when he is supposed to be sealing the deal and acting more presidential and instead what is he doing? He's putting more childish insults on Twitter against Mitt Romney and Meghan Kelly. Is that presidential? Do you honestly think it will stop if he makes it to the Oval Office?
Who cares?

Republicans have taken insults and attacks lying down for decades.

It's refreshing to see Trump firing back.

Quote:
The people in the GOP who say we should all rally around Trump so we can win in the fall, are missing the big picture. If this joke makes it to POTUS, once the mid-terms roll around, you can bet that the Republicans get TROUNCED and likely get trounced for many elections afterwards.
Wrong.

If Trump only accomplishes half of what he's promised, our economy will come back gangbusters, we'll be respected in the world again, we'll have an effective border and security, and the liberal crybabies, parasites and race-baiters will no longer be able to guilt-trip the country as easily as in the past.

All of that is a good thing!

Quote:
The best option for you would be to support whoever emerges from a brokered convention, so long as this person is not Cruz. He is as un-electable as Trump. Your best option back in November was to use the Buckley rule and support the most conservative, electable candidate. At one point you had 17 to pick from.
Following that rule lost us the last two presidential elections and gave us an ineffective congress even when Republicans were in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The other candidates, primarily Bush, left him alone because they didn't take him seriously. Likely because they all believed, as many people did, that he was doing this just for some sort of ego gratification/publicity stunt.
Having watched every debate, I can tell you that those who attacked Trump from the very beginning went down in the polls almost immediately.

That's why Cruz, Bush, Kasich, Carson, Christie and Rubio held off on attacks. They wanted to survive. Didn't work, though.

I guess the anti-Trumps will never be able to admit that Trump wins because he is the best candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kinda like someone who'd send American jobs to China so clothes carrying his name could make him more GREEN, eh?
Your criticisms on this score are getting very old and tired.

Trump the businessman has to compete with other businesses that cut their costs by going overseas.

Trump the politician is not Trump the businessman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The establishment wants a puppet elected so they can keep their power over the people. That is why they don't want Trump.We get it.
Exactly.

The best argument for Trump is all the people desperate to stop him: Wall Street, corporate America in general, BOTH major political parties -- the very people who have screwed us for the last fifty years by buying and owning politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
BTW, I guess in Donny's brand of Christianity, a punch in the face has replaced turn the other cheek, eh?
So the Christians being slaughtered by ISIS right now in the Middle East should just turn the other cheek?

That's absurd.

Christians have to fight back in order to defend themselves.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:36 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,568,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
The establishment wants a puppet elected so they can keep their power over the people. That is why they don't want Trump.We get it.
Summed up nicely and speaks to the irrelevant nature of voting in America, the fix is in and your candidate for President has already been selected by the establishment..
That person will be revealed at the RNC

Old 03-20-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
...the question becomes can our country survive a narcissist who has no clue about the issues he seeks to influence as leader of the free world and no inclination to bother to learn them.
I wouldn't worry.

Obama isn't up for reelection.

When I say "liberal media," I mean what people actually read and watch -- CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the LA Times, etc.

How many people read FiveThirtyEight, slate, salon and politico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The first thing they would have to face is that their dear leader has been lying to them all along about a number of issues. There are fewer illegal aliens entering through the border than ever. Most come in legally.
Trump hasn't said anything about the number of illegals coming in.

But nice try anyway.

One illegal is too many.

And we're getting a lot more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Politicians on both sides of the aisle are beholden to their mega-rich donors and put said donors ahead of their constituents. This has been going on for far too long. We used to expect and get better from the democrats as they truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. That's not acceptable to me. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time we could expect dems to have done so.
Exactly.

Quote:
Ah, this actually serves to illustrate that Trump is a rather LOUSY businessman! You see if he had simply invested his inheritance in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion instead of 4 billion.
So tell us about all the people who inherited one million dollars, invested it in an index fund, and ended up with $13 billion.

Oh, you can't find anyone?

Didn't think you could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Obummer and Killery haven't worked an honest day's work in their lives. Neither could run a simple Kool-Aid stand.
I doubt they could even make change for their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I am neither parroting anything nor am I listening to lies. I'm basing my opinion of Trump solely on what I've heard him say.

He's going to build that ridiculous wall and even more ridiculously make another country pay for it? How?
By building it and charging tariffs on Mexican products sold in America.

Quote:
He's going to take oil from other countries? How? Militarily?
Yes.

He'll also demand payment from South Korea, Germany, Saudi Arabia and other countries we protect for free right now.

Quote:
He says we should kill terrorists' families? Really?
Didn't you say you listened to one of his speeches recently?

It is clear that you did not, because he has said he would only act within the law.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:40 AM

854 posts, read 589,655 times
Lol!!! Had to laugh at "We'll be respected in the world again." They really have no idea how bad he makes them look. I love that he's running, it's become cool to make fun of Americans again! I get so many more likes on Facebook when I post "americanidiot" posts than I did even a year ago, even my former American friend likes them now! I hope he wins!

Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 AM

24,443 posts, read 27,206,956 times
Quote:
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.
You are just building the case that Democrats/Liberals are some of the most intolerant people alive in this country. Keep up the good job sending independents away.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Lol!!! Had to laugh at "We'll be respected in the world again." They really have no idea how bad he makes them look. I love that he's running, it's become cool to make fun of Americans again! I hope he wins!
When has it NOT been "cool" to make fun of Americans and bash America?

I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks of us -- as if they're so great!

Old 03-20-2016, 01:45 AM

24,443 posts, read 27,206,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks of us -- as if they're so great!
People make fun of Apple, but still most people if given the choice would choose an Apple product over a Nokia or HP product. When you are on top, there are a lot of haters, but still most of the world has a favorable view of America. With that being said, there is a lot America can learn from other countries, Trump even points this out, which is one of the reasons I like him. He talks about how are infrastructure is borderline 3rd world compared to countries like South Korea or Germany and it's true. We are great country, but we need to focus on updating it.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Well, I prefer Brits and this is really unifying so keep up the good work!

Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 AM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Lol!!! Had to laugh at "We'll be respected in the world again." They really have no idea how bad he makes them look. I love that he's running, it's become cool to make fun of Americans again! I get so many more likes on Facebook when I post "americanidiot" posts than I did even a year ago, even my former American friend likes them now! I hope he wins!
We will be respected in the world again. Laugh if you want while we laugh at Justin

Old 03-20-2016, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
People make fun of Apple, but still most people if given the choice would choose an Apple product over a Nokia or HP product. When you are on top, there are a lot of haters, but still most of the world has a favorable view of America. With that being said, there is a lot America can learn from other countries, Trump even points this out, which is one of the reasons I like him. He talks about how are infrastructure is borderline 3rd world compared to countries like South Korea or Germany and it's true. We are great country, but we need to focus on updating it.

But more people would prefer Samsung, as indicated by global sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections