Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 01:51 AM

24,443 posts, read 27,206,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
But more people would prefer Samsung, as indicated by global sales.
Samsung is much more affordable than Apple. With that logic, Ford is more desirable than Ferrai because more people own Fords.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:08 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Well, I prefer Brits and this is really unifying so keep up the good work!
Well, then, go to England and bow to the Queen.

I guess you don't get enough of that in Canada.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:00 AM

6,132 posts, read 8,038,264 times
@dechatelet

I don't feel like cutting and pasting through your whole post where you attempt to respond to my questions about how Trump plans to execute on some of his ridiculous ideas, so I'm just going to list them.

Tariffs on Mexican goods to build the wall? Do you not realize how inane that idea is? Tariffs would only serve to increase the cost of the goods sold to the consumer, so ultimately Americans would pay for the insane wall, not Mexico. His silly website also claims he'll increase costs for visas and such. Brilliant. Penalize the people who are coming in legally. Wonderful idea. Not to mention it would probably take centuries of visa fees to pay for the wall.

Militarily take other countries' natural resources? Really? How would that be "legal"? What justifies that? And you Trump supporters don't think there's a parallel to, oh, say, an older "Axis" that tried that? The whole world would turn against us.

And no, I don't listen to every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. So maybe he did backpedal on the killing families proposed atrocity, perhaps after someone told him that might be considered a war crime. So what? Just the fact that he so much as suggested such a thing, and then later repeated it, is alarming enough.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.

That is why the Establishment wants Ted Cruz to apologize, for proving and calling Mitch McConnell a liar and for saying Mitt Romney, French-Kissed Obama, as if he doesn't they are going to support Trump.

Is Ted saying he is sorry? Hell No..... He doubled down proving what he said was correct, not changing what he said, or apologize.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I just decided in the past few weeks to vote for Trump - why - all the negative posts ledme to look more closely at him and the issues while weighing the pros and cons of continuing with the system as it is or hopefully going forward with needed changes. I'm not running scared at all - but more confident than ever that if it comes between Hillary and Trump - Trump is my best bet and the most transparent. Something we were promised with the current administration and never received.

You want to change the system? The President is the least of your worries.
The Progressive Establishment in Congress, is where your huckleberry is.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,007,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
@dechatelet

I don't feel like cutting and pasting through your whole post where you attempt to respond to my questions about how Trump plans to execute on some of his ridiculous ideas, so I'm just going to list them.

Tariffs on Mexican goods to build the wall? Do you not realize how inane that idea is? Tariffs would only serve to increase the cost of the goods sold to the consumer, so ultimately Americans would pay for the insane wall, not Mexico. His silly website also claims he'll increase costs for visas and such. Brilliant. Penalize the people who are coming in legally. Wonderful idea. Not to mention it would probably take centuries of visa fees to pay for the wall.

Militarily take other countries' natural resources? Really? How would that be "legal"? What justifies that? And you Trump supporters don't think there's a parallel to, oh, say, an older "Axis" that tried that? The whole world would turn against us.

And no, I don't listen to every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. So maybe he did backpedal on the killing families proposed atrocity, perhaps after someone told him that might be considered a war crime. So what? Just the fact that he so much as suggested such a thing, and then later repeated it, is alarming enough.
Not to mention one of the few concrete plans that Trump issued, his tax-plan, does exactly the opposite of what he says it does, He says that his plan raises taxes on the rich, while in reality it cuts taxes across the board but far more for rich people and the result is $10 trillion added to the debt.

Worse, he says that he'll offset that trillion a year revenue loss by cuts in spending in education and the EPA.

Asked at the GOP debate how he would pay for his proposed tax cuts Trump said by reducing “waste, fraud, and abuse,” Trump suggested that he could do so with cuts to the Department of Education, Common Core, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Trump didn't seem to know that Common Core is not a federal program. Also, the entire Department of Education budget is just $78 billion and the entire budget of the EPA is just $8 billion annually and can't offset a $10 trillion revenue cut.

Anyone looking at the numbers can't come to a different conclusion that Trump doesn't know what he's talking about or is being dishonest.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,007,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You want to change the system? The President is the least of your worries.
The Progressive Establishment in Congress, is where your huckleberry is.
You mean that "Progressive Establishment" in Congress that keeps voting to repeal Obamacare?

Old 03-20-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You mean that "Progressive Establishment" in Congress that keeps voting to repeal Obamacare?

Say that again three times fast and it may make more sense to you, or me....
No, that would be the Constitutional Conservative, that stood up and tried to kill time, reading his daughters a bedtime story. The guy that the Establishment hated, while Trump was still yelling, "Your Fired" every week, to some celeb.

You see, many can talk the talk, but only one has walked the walk.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:14 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
@dechatelet

It's really not that hard to multi-quote posts here.

I'm sure someone could explain to you how to do it.

Quote:
Tariffs on Mexican goods to build the wall? Do you not realize how inane that idea is? Tariffs would only serve to increase the cost of the goods sold to the consumer, so ultimately Americans would pay for the insane wall, not Mexico.
Wrong.

We'll simply buy what Mexico sells us from other countries.

Nice try, though.

Quote:
His silly website also claims he'll increase costs for visas and such. Brilliant. Penalize the people who are coming in legally.
We shouldn't have anyone immigrating here legally until Americans are fully employed.

If you're talking about tourists, please quote directly from his website.

Otherwise, I don't believe you.

Quote:
Militarily take other countries' natural resources? Really? How would that be "legal"?
It's no more illegal than invading those countries.

Quote:
What justifies that?
They are our enemies.

Quote:
And you Trump supporters don't think there's a parallel to, oh, say, an older "Axis" that tried that? The whole world would turn against us.
Godwin's law fail.

And the whole world hasn't liked us for as long as I can remember.

It's about time we got something instead of just ingratitude and hate from the countries we protect.

It's about time we got something from our enemies as well.

Quote:
And no, I don't listen to every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. So maybe he did backpedal on the killing families proposed atrocity, perhaps after someone told him that might be considered a war crime. So what?
So it shows that you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.

That's what it shows.

Quote:
Just the fact that he so much as suggested such a thing, and then later repeated it, is alarming enough.
Oh, the horror.

Remind me to lose sleep over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not to mention one of the few concrete plans that Trump issued, his tax-plan, does exactly the opposite of what he says it does, He says that his plan raises taxes on the rich, while in reality it cuts taxes across the board but far more for rich people and the result is $10 trillion added to the debt.
Wrong.

Quoting a bunch of lying lib websites is what I would expect from Trump opponents.

Quote:
Asked at the GOP debate how he would pay for his proposed tax cuts Trump said by reducing “waste, fraud, and abuse,” Trump suggested that he could do so with cuts to the Department of Education, Common Core, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Trump didn't seem to know that Common Core is not a federal program. Also, the entire Department of Education budget is just $78 billion and the entire budget of the EPA is just $8 billion annually and can't offset a $10 trillion revenue cut.
The GAO has issued reports estimating waste, fraud and abuse at $350 billion a year -- at least!

So you are wrong as always.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's really not that hard to multi-quote posts here.

I'm sure someone could explain to you how to do it.

Wrong.

We'll simply buy what Mexico sells us from other countries.

Nice try, though.

We shouldn't have anyone immigrating here legally until Americans are fully employed.

If you're talking about tourists, please quote directly from his website.

Otherwise, I don't believe you.

It's no more illegal than invading those countries.

They are our enemies.

Godwin's law fail.

And the whole world hasn't liked us for as long as I can remember.

It's about time we got something instead of just ingratitude and hate from the countries we protect.

It's about time we got something from our enemies as well.

So it shows that you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.

That's what it shows.

Oh, the horror.

Remind me to lose sleep over it.

Wrong.

Quoting a bunch of lying lib websites is what I would expect from Trump opponents.

The GAO has issued reports estimating waste, fraud and abuse at $350 billion a year -- at least!

So you are wrong as always.
But.... But... The wall .....

John Oliver Shows Why Donald Trump's Wall Couldn't Possibly Work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections