Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 05:57 AM

23,973 posts, read 12,780,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh yeah, a Brit comedian (and I use that term loosely) claiming to show how it couldn't work..by doing nothing but taking pot shots at it. How about instead of sending the illegals back to their own countries, we just send them to Oliver's old stomping grounds, Birmingham, and let the Brits spend over $100 billion every year to support them - I'm sure they won't mind supporting illegals and the additional crime.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:00 AM

1,185 posts, read 807,133 times
OP did you support Rubio ?

I get the impression that you have that buyer's remorse..

Old 03-21-2016, 06:02 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,216,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

And open borders does work? Or catch and release works?

Old 03-21-2016, 06:09 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You mean that "Progressive Establishment" in Congress that keeps voting to repeal Obamacare?
Why in the world would any real progressive support Obamacare?

Old 03-21-2016, 06:10 AM

1,185 posts, read 807,133 times
Not sure why people are against a nice and effective wall to at least reduce or prevent the influx of illegals and drug lords?

Is open border the new PC thing to do?

Any words for people who were affected by crimes committed by illegals to their families?

It hasn't hit home yet for many that's why. I guarantee you that if a politician's close family member was murdered by n illegal, that state would have a wall bigger than the wall of China.

It has to hit home first for someone important for things to happen. Sad state of affairs.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:21 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,216,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Not sure why people are against a nice and effective wall to at least reduce or prevent the influx of illegals and drug lords?

Any words for people who were affected by crimes committed by illegals to their families?

It hasn't hit home yet for many that's why. I guarantee you that if a politician's close family member was murdered by n illegal, that state would have a wall bigger than the wall of China.

It has to hit home first for someone important for things to happen. Sad state of affairs.

The kicker is that Trump was not a politician. He never made any laws that said it is illegal to sneak into our Country. The professional, establishment, politicians are the ones that made our laws. They forgot that point! They also forgot the point that our police are charged with enforcing the laws that they created.

However; now they say Trump is a bigot for simply saying that he will do what they would not do - enforce our law!

Old 03-21-2016, 06:54 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,984,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Not to mention one of the few concrete plans that Trump issued, his tax-plan, does exactly the opposite of what he says it does, He says that his plan raises taxes on the rich, while in reality it cuts taxes across the board but far more for rich people and the result is $10 trillion added to the debt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's really not that hard to multi-quote posts here.

Quoting a bunch of lying lib websites is what I would expect from Trump opponents.

The GAO has issued reports estimating waste, fraud and abuse at $350 billion a year -- at least!

So you are wrong as always.
First, the organizations that have analyzed Trump's tax-plan are non-partisan and different analysis by different groups come to the same conclusion, namely, Trump's tax-plan cuts about a trillion dollars a year from revenue and the cuts fall mainly on the wealthy. Dismissing reports that you don't like as a "a bunch of lying lib websites" is pure intellectual dishonesty. Perhaps you can detail where these analysis' are wrong? You won't because you can't.

Second, the amount of fraud, waste and abuse found in 2012 was $261 billion, not $350 billion.

Third, even if fraud and abuse could be eliminated -- something even private corporations can't do, because there is always some waste in any activity and it costs more to monitor abuse with extra supervision, the amount of fraud, waste and abuse doesn't come close to filling the hole in revenue that Trump's tax-plan creates -- not including that he wants to spend more money on the military, build a 1,000 mile wall and deport millions of people -- at a cost of $400-600 billion.

Charlatans that don't have a clue as to how to realistically cut spending always point to waste, fraud and abuse -- courageously taking on that powerful pro waste, fraud and abuse lobby.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,984,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post

John Oliver Demolishes Trump’s Mexico Wall: ‘An Impossible, Impractical Symbol of Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vU8dCYocuyI

Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,375,324 times

I'm not a Trump supporter but the idea of a wall is not something I oppose at all.

It may or may not be impractical but it would be a step in the right direction of actually ENFORCING our own immigration policies.
What opponents of this idea fail to understand is that the conditions we live in NOW with nearly open borders are impractical, unsustainable and untenable .

The idea that enforcing our own borders is "racist" or "xenophobic" is utter liberal B.S.
First of all, Mexicans are not a race.
Second of all, we have the RIGHT to enforce our borders as we see fit. Mexico itself has armed guards on it's southern border to keep other latin Americans out but you never see liberals up in arms about that.

Sadly, I think Trump is just saying what people want to hear to get elected for his own ego gratification. Even if he truly wants to do it, I'm really not convinced he can.

I'm glad we are talking about it though and apparently many other Americans feel the same way. That SOMETHING has to be done. Something more than what we are doing.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When Trump gets stomped by Hillary in the general are you going to say she stole the election?
Let's flip this around: would you and your friends say the same things about Trump stealing the election if Hillary loses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.