Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think Trump "may" win the Republican nomination. All of this heat is going to slow him down. He's probably too close to the finish line to stop him, but that's still in play at the moment.

If he does go on to the general, he's going to go down in so much smoke it will make your head spin. Are you not following the news at all?
I'm not for voting for him but recall it wasn't that long ago the premier polling guru (Silver) said in the news to don't worry about it, Trump would fade before fall and had zero chance.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
When Trump gets stomped by Hillary in the general are you going to say she stole the election?
Not at all.

But it won't happen.

And while we're talking about this, PLEASE tell us what is so great about Hillary....

Tell us about her GREAT accomplishments and qualifications...

You guys NEVER seem to talk about that....

I wonder why....

Old 03-19-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not for voting for him but recall it wasn't that long ago the premier polling guru (Silver) said in the news to don't worry about it, Trump would fade before fall and had zero chance.
Yes, it's interesting how these "polling gurus" turn out to be wrong -- but the lying lib media doesn't talk about that...

Old 03-19-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Yes, it's interesting how these "polling gurus" turn out to be wrong -- but the lying lib media doesn't talk about that...

Nor do the Cruz or Kasich supporters........as an aside......I'm voting for Sanders and I mentioned it.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:47 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
I agree Trump was underestimated. He was leading the polls for months, but other candidates were engaging in magical thinking that people were just kidding when they said they'd vote for him. Somehow, they were going to decide to vote differently than the way they said they would.

Today, polls show that an enormous percentage of Republicans are going to stay home, vote third party or even ... gasp.. vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee. Hispanics, who make up a whopping 17 percent of the electorate .. almost one in five .. and who are concentrated in key swing states are telling pollsters they are going to vote in record numbers this year, and they're going to vote against Trump. Which let's face it stands to reason... Trump is telling them he's going to deport their grandma. Yeah, I think that would motivate just about anyone to show up and vote.

The writing is on the wall. Many of you see it -- you're just too proud to admit it.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Nor do the Cruz or Kasich supporters........as an aside......I'm voting for Sanders and I mentioned it.
I admire honesty, wherever it comes from.

Maybe we should have a Trump/Sanders ticket.

That would be interesting.

Bernie wouldn't have to do much -- vice presidents generally don't.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I agree Trump was underestimated. He was leading the polls for months, but other candidates were engaging in magical thinking that people were just kidding when they said they'd vote for him. Somehow, they were going to decide to vote differently than the way they said they would.

Today, polls show that an enormous percentage of Republicans are going to stay home, vote third party or even ... gasp.. vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee. Hispanics, who make up a whopping 17 percent of the electorate .. almost one in five .. and who are concentrated in key swing states are telling pollsters they are going to vote in record numbers this year, and they're going to vote against Trump. Which let's face it stands to reason... Trump is telling them he's going to deport their grandma. Yeah, I think that would motivate just about anyone to show up and vote.

The writing is on the wall. Many of you see it -- you're just too proud to admit it.
I'm not voting for him, I'm just willing to honestly discuss him. He beats the last prediction each and every time.

"He can't get more than 30%". "He can't get out of the 30's". "His peak is 40%".

Last poll I saw had him a fraction from 50%. The more he gets dismissed, the more support he gets. If the GOP wanted to hurt him, they would get behind him 100%.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:38 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.
Child please.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:48 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Today, polls show that an enormous percentage of Republicans are going to stay home, vote third party or even ... gasp.. vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

I will. I'm a registered Republican. I can't stand Hillary but will EAGERLY vote for her in my primary and in the the general to stop Trump.

As bad and distasteful as she is, Trump is a complete joke who is doing this for nothing but ego gratification and saying what his supporters want to hear. He has NO grasp of the issues and his ego makes him think he doesn't need to bother.

I really fail to understand how people who said that Obama was unqualified to be president will turn around and vote for someone who says that his top foreign policy adviser is HIMSELF

This is the time when he is supposed to be sealing the deal and acting more presidential and instead what is he doing? He's putting more childish insults on Twitter against Mitt Romney and Meghan Kelly. Is that presidential? Do you honestly think it will stop if he makes it to the Oval Office?

The people in the GOP who say we should all rally around Trump so we can win in the fall, are missing the big picture. If this joke makes it to POTUS, once the mid-terms roll around, you can bet that the Republicans get TROUNCED and likely get trounced for many elections afterwards.

What they SHOULD do is bite the bullet, realize they screwed up and do whatever they can to stop Trump from either getting the delegates he needs or winning the general. Then when the midterms roll around, people will be so fed up with Hillary and the democrats that they should do well in them. Next 4 years, they learn from their mistake and find a candidate who is actually electable for POTUS.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:52 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I will. I'm a registered Republican. I can't stand Hillary but will EAGERLY vote for her in my primary and in the the general to stop Trump.

As bad and distasteful as she is, Trump is a complete joke who is doing this for nothing but ego gratification and saying what his supporters want to hear. He has NO grasp of the issues and his ego makes him think he doesn't need to bother.

I really fail to understand how people who said that Obama was unqualified to be president will turn around and vote for someone who says that his top foreign policy adviser is HIMSELF

This is the time when he is supposed to be sealing the deal and acting more presidential and instead what is he doing? He's putting more childish insults on Twitter against Mitt Romney and Meghan Kelly. Is that presidential? Do you honestly think it will stop if he makes it to the Oval Office?

The people in the GOP who say we should all rally around Trump so we can win in the fall, are missing the big picture. If this joke makes it to POTUS, once the mid-terms roll around, you can bet that the Republicans get TROUNCED and likely get trounced for many elections afterwards.

What they SHOULD do is bite the bullet, realize they screwed up and do whatever they can to stop Trump from either getting the delegates he needs or winning the general. Then when the midterms roll around, people will be so fed up with Hillary and the democrats that they should do well in them. Next 4 years, they learn from their mistake and find a candidate who is actually electable for POTUS.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections