Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 01:20 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,638,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Why not ? Revenues come in and expenses go out - with Trump as the helm, we might even see a zero-deficit budget. The root of the problem is that the government is not run a business; it's run as a free-for-all for all special interest groups, lobbyists, and political cronies. $19 trillion in debt ought to tell you that ...

World leaders will respect Trump as he's tough, but is also willing to deal. Will Putin respect HRC as much as Trump ? Not in my opinion ...
Because the President can't yell "You're FIRED!" and get rid of people they don't agree with. And the financial plans Trump has put forward don't come anywhere near balancing the budget. Nor have they been specific about whose ox is going to be gored when it comes to cuts.

You complain about "arrogant executive orders filed by the wannabe dictator" but when it's the executive orders of the arrogant wannabe dictator you support it's a different story.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:26 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,202,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Because the President can't yell "You're FIRED!" and get rid of people they don't agree with. And the financial plans Trump has put forward don't come anywhere near balancing the budget. Nor have they been specific about whose ox is going to be gored when it comes to cuts.

You complain about "arrogant executive orders filed by the wannabe dictator" but when it's the executive orders of the arrogant wannabe dictator you support it's a different story.
Spare me - specific financial stuff will be forthcoming from Trump on the budget should he win the nomination. Who said anything about getting rid of people ?

And if Trump as POTUS has to issue an executive order to repeal Obamacare, you're damned straight I support it. If he has to repeal the Obama immigration order, so be it.

And you know as well as I do, that the ox needs to be gored in many places ...

Old 04-01-2016, 01:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Are you ready to admit it now? Much like that old beat up junker you drive and hovel you call a house, Trump was a bad investment you now think better of. Have you scraped the Trump sticker off of your bumper and put up Cruz yet?
LOL, says someone who invested in Obama and watched as the rich got richer and poor got poorer. After Obamacare, I'll vote for anyone who will get rid of the government sucking monstrosity that I have to pay a lot of money for but can't use. If that means Trump so be it.

I was not originally a Trump person nor was I on board with anyone. I wanted to wait before finalizing my vote. All these attacks make me want to vote for Trump. The left nor the right don't want him because he'll blow up the system where the American people are taken advantage of.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, says someone who invested in Obama and watched as the rich got richer and poor got poorer.

I was not originally a Trump person nor was I on board with anyone. I wanted to wait before finalizing my vote. All these attacks make me want to vote for Trump. The left nor the right don't want him because he'll blow up the system where the American people are taken advantage of.
Exactly.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:33 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,226,429 times
Quote:
Wow, an Obama approval story from the CHICAGO TRIBUNE ?!?! What a surprise ...

Almost as reliable as a GOP poll from the WSJ ...
The Chicago Tribune is a very conservative rag.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM

451 posts, read 466,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.

Quality thread.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM

25,967 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post

The POTUS can fire the ones he hired. And, Clinton knows how to get "rid" of people she doesn't want around. One of the things that people selectively forget is that Trump has a comprehensive plan which does not have "stand alone" policies. Widening the tax base and removing undue burdens will go a long way in reducing the budget. If you don't have "tools" in business, economics and history, this is going to be baffling.

Quote:
Spare me - specific financial stuff will be forthcoming from Trump on the budget should he win the nomination. Who said anything about getting rid of people ?

And if Trump as POTUS has to issue an executive order to repeal Obamacare, you're damned straight I support it. If he has to repeal the Obama immigration order, so be it.

And, he has touched on these areas, but as I said above, the people need the "tools" to put it altogether. I am sure if Trump didn't have to run things through Congress that he would have a definite spelled out plan, but that isn't the way our government works. Oh, that's another area that people seem to fall short on, American Government. Gee, that was a required course for graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, says someone who invested in Obama and watched as the rich got richer and poor got poorer. After Obamacare, I'll vote for anyone who will get rid of the government sucking monstrosity that I have to pay for but can't use. If that means Trump so be it.

I can't see why others aren't see this. It has become very evident that behind the scenes, those that get richer, they are pushing hard for the dynasty candidate, Clinton. Bush couldn't get our of the starting gate so they simply moved their support to Hillary.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:

So executive orders are bad when someone you're against gives them, but good when someone you support gives them. Gotcha.

You basically want your own little dictator. But in your mind that's OK because he's a dictator you agree with.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The POTUS can fire the ones he hired. And, Clinton knows how to get "rid" of people she doesn't want around. One of the things that people selectively forget is that Trump has a comprehensive plan which does not have "stand alone" policies. Widening the tax base and removing undue burdens will go a long way in reducing the budget. If you don't have "tools" in business, economics and history, this is going to be baffling.
That's not what I meant and you know it. The President can fire aides and other government employees. They can't fire elected officials, court justices or other countries' leaders. All of whom have their own ideas and their own powers. Running a government is less like running a business and more like chairing a huge committee.

Widening the tax base and removing undue burdens, huh? Is that how he plans to fund that ridiculous wall? Widening the tax base to who? Poor people who can't afford it? Remove undue burdens on which taxpayers? The wealthy? That seems to be the general consensus on the plans he has put forth so far. So how is that different than the old Reganomics "trickle down" policies that have failed us so spectacularly?

Old 04-01-2016, 02:14 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times
Quote:
Yep, quite a record ... Try looking at the U6 rate instead of U3 and tell us how many Americans have stopped looking for jobs or are working beneath their qualifications.
The U6 rate is currently 9.8%, down from 14.2% when Obama took office.

Quote:
Tell us about the wage levels for the average middle class American. Break those 10 million jobs down and tell us the average wage level.
The vast majority of the jobs created under Obama's watch were full-time. There are now more full-time jobs than before the Great Recession hit

Quote:
Were most of them minimum wage jobs as more factory/manufacturing jobs hit the road ?
Nope.

Quote:
Tell the average working man that the increase in his health insurance premiums and pharmaceutical costs are just part of the process but 92-year-old Ethel in Ft. Lauderdale now has HMO coverage.
Nullified by the fact that just as many if not more Americans saw their premiums drop, and millions of Americans who never had healthcare at all suddenly do. Healthcare costs are increasing at their lowest rate in decades, the uninsured rate is near record lows. and millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions can now get get treatment...thanks to Obamacare.

Quote:
Does financial reform mean doubling the national debt that a future president will inherit ?
Obama did not double our debt--failed GOP policies are mostly responsible.

Quote:
Tell us about the record number of people on welfare and SNAP.
You got one, but even this number is declining.

Quote:
Tell us about the arrogant executive orders filed by the wannabe dictator.
No more than other President's. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker now.

Quote:
Tell us about the record number of illegals streaming into this country under Obama's watch.
This statement is so false, Circus Clown Trump is going to retweet it. The illegal immigration population has DECLINED since 2007.

Quote:
Tell us about all Obama has done for inner-city African American youth.
Is it Obama's job to create special laws just for African-Americans? I'm sure White Nationalists/Trump supporters would get a thrill out of that.

Quote:
Tell us how we're perceived internationally due to Obama's foreign policies.
About 6 trillion times better than we were perceived when the Great Republican Disaster (GWB) left office.

Quote:
And when you're done, I'll tell you how glad most sane Americans will be when he leaves office.
Obama approval rating (Gallup): 53%
GOP congress (Gallup): 13%

Obama's approval now rivals Reagan's at the end of his term in office, while Republicans are about as popular as a tax audit. Take a guess who's going to be more missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections