Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 05:54 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it.
Hmm. Who do you suggest that we support?

(I'm willing to bet there won't be an answer to this question.)

Old 03-19-2016, 06:02 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,643,900 times
What the heck are you talking about? He has done nothing but win since he started. He is drawing a record high number to the polls and Hillary is drawing record lows.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:03 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,983,588 times
What a ridiculous thread. No buyers remorse here. And it seems I'm not alone, if you look at the primary results. Predicting Trump's failure is simply wishful thinking by anti-Trumps.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:06 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,686,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Who do you suggest that we support?

(I'm willing to bet there won't be an answer to this question.)
The best option for you would be to support whoever emerges from a brokered convention, so long as this person is not Cruz. He is as un-electable as Trump. Your best option back in November was to use the Buckley rule and support the most conservative, electable candidate. At one point you had 17 to pick from.

Last edited by WestCobb; 03-19-2016 at 06:17 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 06:10 AM

45,606 posts, read 61,028,910 times
Quote:
Well said.

Only because it feeds into your confirmation bias.

I'm saying this as someone who will likely sit out the election in November.

Trump has been underestimated every step of the way. The other candidates, primarily Bush, left him alone because they didn't take him seriously. Likely because they all believed, as many people did, that he was doing this just for some sort of ego gratification/publicity stunt.

By the time they realized that it wasn't, or that voters were taking him seriously, it was too late. Yes, they started to go after him but it was too little, too late.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:14 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,983,588 times
Quote:
The best option for you would be to support whoever emerges from a brokered convention, so long as this person is not Cruz. He is as un-electable as Trump. Your best option back in November was to use the Buckley rule and support the most conservative candidate who is electable. At one point you had 17 to pick from.
Sure, that sounds like a recipe for success. Ignore the will of the people, disenfranchise the voters who registered Republicans specifically for this election cycle, and choose an establishment candidate handpicked by the elites.

LOL.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:16 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,686,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Only because it feeds into your confirmation bias.

I'm saying this as someone who will likely sit out the election in November.

Trump has been underestimated every step of the way. The other candidates, primarily Bush, left him alone because they didn't take him seriously. Likely because they all believed, as many people did, that he was doing this just for some sort of ego gratification/publicity stunt.

By the time they realized that it wasn't, or that voters were taking him seriously, it was too late. Yes, they started to go after him but it was too little, too late.
I would love to hear someone make a case for why Trump is going to win in November. So far, the best people can say is he did far better than predicted so far. Well, yes and no. He has been leading the polls since July. Pundits were engaging in a bit of magical thinking by saying that the polls were lying and people wouldn't really vote the way they reported they would once the primaries started.

Today, it's the Trumpets who are thinking magically. Hillary CRUSHES Trump in the polls, but they think ... no no, Trump has a trick up his sleeve, polls this early out are meaningless, Hillary will get indicted, etc. I disregard all of this. I see no reason to not believe that Trump will go down in flames as the polls predict he will just as he has come close to winning the nomination of the GOP as the polls predicted he would months ago.

Last edited by WestCobb; 03-19-2016 at 06:34 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 06:24 AM

26,122 posts, read 22,317,407 times
Quote:
Those of you who support Trump already have buyer's remorse. Admit it. You thought Trump was going to be this amazing cross over candidate who somehow managed to be both xenophobic and appealing, making him the great white hope, but now you're waking up to the fact that he's not going to win .. not even close. You feel you're getting screwed by "the establishment" and are doing what you do best ... drawing lines in the sand and shouting threats if things don't go your way, but secretly you already regret enlisting in this lost cause. Hillary is going to trounce Trump. You see that now, and you wish you had the good sense to support a more electable candidate when you still had the chance.
You couldn't be more wrong.

Xenophobic? Where on earth did you get that idea and where is your supporting link?

MUST-SEE: 'He Is Not a Racist': Herman Cain Stands Up to Anti-Trump Protesters | Fox News Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOsBfl7XmG4

Surely you are not using the illegal aliens, the ones that cost the American taxpayers $113 billion dollars a year while we have homeless American citizens sleeping in the streets to include families, veterans and the disabled? Not these illegal aliens: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial and Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens

Or, were you talking about Muslims and limiting their coming into our country until they can be properly vetted, a procedure that is required of others: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...n-attacks.aspx and http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/musli...e-filled-city/

Hillary needs to go for prison. She has "blood" on her hands and is the last person we need as Commander In Chief of our military forces. Anyone else would be punished for what she has done including military personnel: Hillary Clinton's Email Scandal: What Happens When Someone Else Does It? | National Review Online

And, no, I don't wish that I was so ignorant, suffering from severe moral decay myself or just too lazy to seek the truth as not to be supporting the best candidate for POTUS. Trump 2016! He steams ahead and I am right there with him and proud of it.

P.S. Hillary for "block" Queen. I envision her in the orange jumpsuit swabbing the floors with one of those heavy rag mops. It makes me smile. Anyone supporting Hillary might want to consider a backup: http://observer.com/2016/03/hillary-has-an-nsa-problem/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 03-19-2016 at 06:34 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 06:27 AM

33,605 posts, read 18,258,324 times
Quote:
I think Trump "may" win the Republican nomination. All of this heat is going to slow him down. He's probably too close to the finish line to stop him, but that's still in play at the moment.

If he does go on to the general, he's going to go down in so much smoke it will make your head spin. Are you not following the news at all?
The heat? You mean the Saul Alinsky tactics of name calling to bring Trump and his supporters down. It isn't working. The more this corrupt system keep hitting Trump the more supporters he gets.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:32 AM

68,379 posts, read 54,626,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You wish.

Trump is going to WIN the Republican nomination.

And then he's going to WIN the presidency -- TWICE.

First he "wasn't serious."

Then, he "wasn't going to file his financials."

Then, "he wasn't going to win even a single primary."

LOL

Dream on....

There are plenty of Americans who don't want the loony Left -- or lying, stab-Americans-in-the-back politicians like Hillary and Obama -- running this country.

In the end, those Americans are only interested in one color -- GREEN!

Kinda like someone who'd send American jobs to China so clothes carrying his name could make him more GREEN, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections