Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:21 AM

33,595 posts, read 18,227,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Change IS needed.
Change just for the sake of change without seriously examining who is offering you change is just folly.

Ask yourselves if Trump is really interested in the good of the country or is he a con man who is saying what people want to hear to stoke his own narcissism?

This "non-establishment rebel", you are supporting is someone who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Clinton foundation, was in support of universal healthcare and favored a ban on assault weapons. His positions in the past were FAR more liberal.

I agree that we do need to start electing outsiders but not this joke.
He was a businessman. Trump supported McCain and Romney . If Romney went after Obama like he is going after Trump he would be the president today. Romney is fighting against the power of WE THE PEOPLE.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 AM

11,891 posts, read 5,868,253 times
As far as I see it - Trump is the only one who has a chance against Hillary at this moment - no other Republican can command the attendees he does. That said - I wish the whole lot were thrown out and we had new candidates that actually represented the American people and not their own parties and pocketbooks - but that ain't gonna happen.

Polls are skewed and I often laugh as we've never gotten a election polling call. We are a diverse family - one Republican, one registered Republican who is actually Libertarian and myself a Democrat. So just who are these people they are polling who are suppose to represent the rest of us?

I'm done with Obama policies - tell me truthfully what Hillary is going to do differently than Obama? Of course now she's adapting to Bernie's plans because she's losing ground but will back flip when she needs to. What does Hillary offer me and how can I trust her when she repeatedly lies.

I've asked this question before and no one has given me any answers - you all are quick to point out all of Trump's mistakes and foolish policies per you - but have not given arguments of why Hillary can do a better job or if she'd tackle the situation at all.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,671,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
Not really all that much.

So we just might see over 8 years : the stock market triple, the deficit cut in half, our Mideast commitment reduced, the economy continue to grow, millions more gain health insurance, the rate of illegal immigration shrink to it's lowest level in nearly a decade.......

We'd probably see more of those types of things. Good things. Ya know....factual things.
And for this we'll hear screams of communist! traitor! sexist! anti-American! .. the yews we've come to expect from our friends on the right.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:41 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times
Trump just might win cause Hillary has so many people who dislike her. Even Moderate Democrats.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,978,690 times
I think Woodfin would look great in a Trump University sweatshirt. She has bought every DNC talking point hook, line, and sinker--making her a prime mark for TU.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:46 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,671,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
I think you forgot "Muslim !!"

Aren't the righties still not sure whether or not Obama's a Muslim ?
I doubt they'll call Hillary a Muslim, but perhaps they'll call her a sympathizer when she denounces a hate crime or two against a Muslim American.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,978,690 times
Trump sucks but Hillary is worse.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:56 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,375,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've asked this question before and no one has given me any answers - you all are quick to point out all of Trump's mistakes and foolish policies per you - but have not given arguments of why Hillary can do a better job or if she'd tackle the situation at all.

It's more a case of the lesser (by far) of two evils.
I'm no Hillary fan but at least she bothers to understand the issues and isn't enough of a narcissist to say that her top foreign policy adviser is herself!

We know what we are getting with Hillary. More of the same basically.
With Trump, the question becomes can our country survive a narcissist who has no clue about the issues he seeks to influence as leader of the free world and no inclination to bother to learn them.
Can our country survive that without irreperable damage? Were the checks and balances that the founding fathers built in enough to limit the damage?
I'm not anxious to find out.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:59 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The best option for you would be to support whoever emerges from a brokered convention, so long as this person is not Cruz. He is as un-electable as Trump. Your best option back in November was to use the Buckley rule and support the most conservative, electable candidate. At one point you had 17 to pick from.
That isn't an answer to the question. (as I predicted)

You must have someone in mind for the scared Trump supporter to support?

Old 03-19-2016, 08:02 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,897,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump sucks but Hillary is worse.

The truth is, ALL of them pretty much suck this time around ! That is why Trump is enjoying the popularity he is having............no one else looks like a viable alternative to some people, and those people want change. Not one of the current candidates are super stars IMO. What an uninspiring lot they are.

There is no denying, Trump is certifiable, he is vulgar, not that bright, and ill equipped to run a country as diverse and complicated as America. Sure, he has made some money in real estate, big deal, but that in no way qualifies him to be President. I think we are seeing mini-Hitler in the making, and that part is scary.

I don't think the Trumpies are running scared........yet. They have gotten on this horse and are going to ride it to the end. They are so blinded by hatred and anger that they feel a man like Trump is going to stick it in the faces of conventional / traditional politicians and effect some sort of positive change.

Me, I am going to sit back with a cold Corona and watch this thing unfold. This circus of an election is certainly more entertaining than any of the usual reality shows on TV, and Saturday Night Live will have material to last them the rest of 2016, and maybe beyond.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections