Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times

Advertisements

Number geeks, understand numbers.....that's the easy part. Understanding people is far harder.

In mathematical science it's easy to determine how many times a bowling ball will hit the ground when thrown off a roof. The actions of people can not always be determined by their actions in the past. There are also a whole list of things numbers can't determine.

If it was simply numbers the guy picked at #199 in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL draft never would have made the impact he has.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:53 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
There's a ton of closet Trump supporters.
They'll vote for him and support him but only behind closed doors due to fear of backlash.
It's kinda sad that some people feel that way. People should be able to publicly support whomever they want without being criticized in a negative way. As soon as you say you are a Trump supporter you are called a racist, bigot, moron, etc...
We have seen the violence. They mean to intimidate Trump supporters. I bet most aren't even bright enough to know that we have "secret" ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Trump just might win cause Hillary has so many people who dislike her. Even Moderate Democrats.
It goes beyond dislike. She is proven liability. I also think that she is not up to the job in a moral, mental or physical capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm not a Republican, so no, I don't have a recommendation. Any recommendation I would have would likely be unacceptable to you and other conservatives.
No candidate. Are you ashamed of your candidate or don't you have a legal right to vote?

Quote:
Given Trump supporters' love for clowns, I recommend they support Jimmy McMillan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcsNbQRU5TI
So, this proves my point yet again. The anti-Trumps are too ashamed of their candidate, if they have one, to actually step up and name the candidate. You really have to wonder what that is. If I were so ashamed of my candidate that I went and looked up stupid video clips to change the subject rather than claim them, I would see that was a message that maybe I was supporting the wrong candidate.

Then, again, WestCobb, may be another Trump supporter just keeping him at the top of the forum. Maybe, not even someone who has the right to vote.

My guess is that those that are too ashamed to claim their candidate are indeed Hillary fans. Endorsing that corruption, the lying, the cheating, well, I would be ashamed too.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:14 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
What the hell are you yammering on about Anywhere?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Quote:
When Trump gets stomped by Hillary in the general are you going to say she stole the election?
Only if her dead people base is caught voting.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:16 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,837,665 times
I think the Strumpets are scared of either losing or winning. I think they would prefer losing because their paranoia and helplessness would be reinforced. I also think they fear winning because then they would actually have to run the country and even the densest of them realize they do not know how to do that.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think the Strumpets are scared of either losing or winning. I think they would prefer losing because their paranoia and helplessness would be reinforced. I also think they fear winning because then they would actually have to run the country and even the densest of them realize they do not know how to do that.
The first thing they would have to face is that their dear leader has been lying to them all along about a number of issues. There are fewer illegal aliens entering through the border than ever. Most come in legally.

Also wondering why Trump has never said boo about the Cuban refugees who come in legally and are handed everything they need free and immediately. Is it because it doesn't get people as hysterical and revved up as if they think people are 'breaking the rules' (the opposite of the authoritarianism that they so adore).

2.5 million illegals cross border under Obama, less than Bush - Washington Times

Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM

11,860 posts, read 5,835,602 times
Like the dems have done so well - that's why after 40 yrs I'm voting Republican.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:32 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Donny uses those tactics well, and often, eh? It's hysterical how his acolytes are apparently blinded to reality.
Awww...you're back to using your term of endearment for him. "Donny". You've said you only voted once in your life and that was for Obama in '08. People I've met who don't vote, don't even care who the candidates are. And you, as an admitted non-voter, have allowed Trump to live in your head.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The first thing they would have to face is that their dear leader has been lying to them all along about a number of issues. There are fewer illegal aliens entering through the border than ever. Most come in legally.
It's bad form to call people out on being untruthful while doing the same thing.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:47 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The truth is, ALL of them pretty much suck this time around ! That is why Trump is enjoying the popularity he is having............no one else looks like a viable alternative to some people, and those people want change. Not one of the current candidates are super stars IMO. What an uninspiring lot they are.

There is no denying, Trump is certifiable, he is vulgar, not that bright, and ill equipped to run a country as diverse and complicated as America. Sure, he has made some money in real estate, big deal, but that in no way qualifies him to be President. I think we are seeing mini-Hitler in the making, and that part is scary.

I don't think the Trumpies are running scared........yet. They have gotten on this horse and are going to ride it to the end. They are so blinded by hatred and anger that they feel a man like Trump is going to stick it in the faces of conventional / traditional politicians and effect some sort of positive change.

Me, I am going to sit back with a cold Corona and watch this thing unfold. This circus of an election is certainly more entertaining than any of the usual reality shows on TV, and Saturday Night Live will have material to last them the rest of 2016, and maybe beyond.

Don

Trump is "not that bright"? How many people do you know who are "not too bright" that turned $1 million into billions? If "not too bright" people are able to do it, then why aren't they all billionaires?

What qualified Obama to be president? What qualified Hillary?

Don, I think it is you who is "so blinded by hatred and anger". "Mini-Hitler"? Not only did you invoke Godwin's Law but that is really far off base.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are beholden to their mega-rich donors and put said donors ahead of their constituents. This has been going on for far too long. We used to expect and get better from the democrats as they truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. That's not acceptable to me. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time we could expect dems to have done so.

I want better from my grandkids than business as usual. Business as usual is what has gotten us in the mess we are in today. It needs to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections