Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 02:53 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What the hell are you yammering on about Anywhere?
It's simple. Sorry you're having trouble understanding. The question posed to you is ---which candidate do you support? Will you answer or will there be crickets chirping?

You're not the only one in this thread who is refusing to tell us who your candidate is. What are you all so afraid of?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:00 PM

20,143 posts, read 16,284,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's simple. Sorry you're having trouble understanding. The question posed to you is ---which candidate do you support? Will you answer or will there be crickets chirping?

You're not the only one in this thread who is refusing to tell us who your candidate is. What are you all so afraid of?
Some voters are for ABT (anyone but Trump). All that are left for me is one that I suppose I can pinch my nose enough to vote for (Cruz), one that I will only vote for if I think the race is close enough in my state that she would need it to beat Trump (Hillary), two I simply will not vote for (Trump and Sanders) and the 3rd party folks or a write-in. I leaning towards a write-in.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:06 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Some voters are for ABT (anyone but Trump). All that are left for me is one that I suppose I can pinch my nose enough to vote for (Cruz), one that I will only vote for if I think the race is close enough in my state that she would need it to beat Trump (Hillary), two I simply will not vote for (Trump and Sanders) and the 3rd party folks or a write-in. I leaning towards a write-in.
I'm in a similar boat.
I was not impressed with any of the candidates ob either side. I was hoping for a strong conservative one from the GOP but was utterly let down(IMHO).
Problem is, to me Trump makes the worst option, such a bad one actually that I would even vote for Clinton to avoid Trump and as it seems this is how it is going......

Old 03-19-2016, 03:06 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,377,837 times
Quote:
Trump is "not that bright"? How many people do you know who are "not too bright" that turned $1 million into billions? If "not too bright" people are able to do it, then why aren't they all billionaires?
Ah, this actually serves to illustrate that Trump is a rather LOUSY businessman! You see if he had simply invested his inheritance in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion instead of 4 billion.

Yes, you can give him credit for growing his wealth and not pissing it all away as some people do but he couldn't even keep up with the S&P 500! Some "World class" businessman
This says nothing about the failed ventures and bankruptcies either.

What he is, is a world class B.S. artist and I guess he had you fooled.

Now.. Bill Gates or Warren Buffet? Trump is nowhere even close!

Quote:
Bill Gates, for example, saw his growth increase 7,173% since 1988 to $80 billion. Warren Buffet’s wealth grew 2,612% in the same time period, to $67.8 billion.
Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds - Fortune

Old 03-19-2016, 03:07 PM

11,998 posts, read 13,003,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I doubt they'll call Hillary a Muslim, but perhaps they'll call her a sympathizer when she denounces a hate crime or two against a Muslim American.
Don't forget it was Hillary that first insinuated Obama may be a Muslim-when it was to her advantage in 2008. She also stated that working class whites would never vote for Obama in 2008, and predicted that that would be the reason for her win.

Trump is a joke-but Hillary is not someone I can support, even as a very "liberal" person-she is just so pathologically dishonest. I'm not ready to make any predictions but Hillary has very little "excitement" around her campaign, and I think an Independent candidate could have a very strong chance, for the fist time in a long while. Hillary is the most disliked and distrusted candidate, only beating Trump himself. If Trump were to win, it could also bring about the revolution that is needed to rework our Government and election process-so many people would not acknowledge or legitimize his Presidency and that could get people thinking about the consequences of our Government not representing the majority of Americans.

Hillary Clinton Campaign Spread Obama Muslim Rumors, Says Former Aide Reggie Love
Obama Accused Hillary of Labeling Him a Muslim
Scarborough: The "Obama Is A Muslim" Rumor Originated With Hillary Clinton in 2008 | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 03-19-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Ah, this actually serves to illustrate that Trump is a rather LOUSY businessman! You see if he had simply invested his inheritance in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion instead of 4 billion.

Yes, you can give him credit for growing his wealth and not pissing it all away as some people do but he couldn't even keep up with the S&P 500! Some "World class" businessman
This says nothing about the failed ventures and bankruptcies either.

What he is, is a world class B.S. artist and I guess he had you fooled.

Now.. Bill Gates or Warren Buffet? Trump is nowhere even close!

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds - Fortune
When did you make your first billion?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,377,837 times
Quote:
When did you make your first billion?
If I inherit as much as Trump did, get back to me in a few decades

Old 03-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of people who didn't inherit money but managed to become billionaires. If it's so easy, then why haven't you done it yet?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:57 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,614,953 times
Quote:
The people in the GOP who say we should all rally around Trump so we can win in the fall, are missing the big picture. If this joke makes it to POTUS, once the mid-terms roll around, you can bet that the Republicans get TROUNCED and likely get trounced for many elections afterwards.

What they SHOULD do is bite the bullet, realize they screwed up and do whatever they can to stop Trump from either getting the delegates he needs or winning the general. Then when the midterms roll around, people will be so fed up with Hillary and the democrats that they should do well in them. Next 4 years, they learn from their mistake and find a candidate who is actually electable for POTUS.

Remember, the GOP has never said to rally around Trump, the problem with the GOP is they provided no alternative. Their wunderkind was Marco Rubio, who nobody liked, and they chose him after the neoconservatives first choice, Jeb Bush, was humiliated by Trump and left with his tail between his legs. That left the party with Ted Cruz as the only clear challenger, and the establishment hates him only slightly less than they do Trump.

The GOP has painted itself into a corner. They created the conditions that are allowing Trump to flourish, and now they are stuck with a result that they don't like, Trump himself.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:03 PM

3,842 posts, read 3,093,515 times
Quote:

Obummer and Killery haven't worked an honest day's work in their lives. Neither could run a simple Kool-Aid stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections