Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:38 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,929,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
We get it. Your a self hating black person. You blame your shortcomings on the white race. Post after post it's the same nonsense. Got anything else, cause your boring...
Truth hurts. I understand how that can be.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:38 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,759,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Didnt the white man create the problem? If we studied the history of America in its entirety we can see where and how the country was shaped and where the problem started.
They most definitely committed genocide and enslaved black people for 400 years.
The foundation of this country (setting aside the lofty ideas and ideals and principles of the "founding fathers") is rotten and there has still not been "atonement" for those 2 sins.
And they were indeeds sins.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
They most definitely committed genocide and enslaved black people for 400 years.
The foundation (setting aside the lofty ideas and ideals and principles of the "founding fathers") of this country is rotten and there has still not been "atonement" for those 2 sins.
And they were indeeds sins.
Thanks you so much for saying this. Look I don't hate or dislike whites. Some of them need to acknowledge and understand the foundation and the root to Rascism in Anerica and how it plays a part of our Governent and society. A lot of whites try to remove themselves from history as if it's supposed to be tucked away somewhere and forgotten about. Somehow they think we have started over fresh.

All that's happening now is a result from the past.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:50 AM

8,116 posts, read 6,813,875 times
Quote:
Thanks you so much for saying this. Look I don't hate or dislike whites. Some of them need to acknowledge and understand the foundation and the root to Rascism in Anerica and how it plays a part of our Governent and society. A lot of whites try to remove themselves from history as if it's supposed to be tucked away somewhere and forgotten about. Somehow they think we have started over fresh.

Ok I'll bite, I admit that racism exists both black and white people are guilty. Now get over it and do what you can do to succeed, many other people have done it, so it's not impossible.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,229,564 times
Quote:
Truth hurts. I understand how that can be.
Haha, not at all. I have a great life my man, I'm blessed. When I was younger though I do remember going through my own set of troubles and problems, blaming everyone else. Had more trouble with cops then anyone I know back then. You know when that stopped? Woke up in the hospital, staring at the ceiling and thinking "I DID THIS" nobody else. And just like that, life changed.

Things just flowed after that. Never miss a sunrise my friend, seize each and every damn day. Better yourself and never make excuses. You fail, learn from it and keep going. Never blame anyone but yourself because you are the only one you can hold accountable.

That's how you beat life, just do it brother. I'm not your enemy, none of us are. I'm serious, you can hate on me if you want but all this race BS is done. We are Americans, all of us need to think like this and keep going forward...

Old 03-19-2016, 11:58 AM

39,502 posts, read 27,878,526 times
Quote:
That's how you beat life, just do it brother. I'm not your enemy, none of us are. I'm serious, you can hate on me if you want but all this race BS is done. We are Americans, all of us need to think like this and keep going forward...
I like what you have to say, I really do.
Many people here seem to have this YOU vs US mentality.

Trump supporters vs Hillary supporters. Trump supporters seem to be the most hated group and I have no ideas why.

Why are we the enemies? I don't get it.

Trump is a multi billionaire businessman. Even if he lost the election, he can go back doing he always enjoyed of doing. We are the people who have to suffer from the consequences of electing somebody horrible.

We as a nation must go forward. Doesn't help any of us if we hold on to so much hatred coming from nowhere.

SOME liberals seem to be very compassionate people who care for all, but judged by their attitude, I don't think they really care about the poor when they are southern white folks who are Trump supporters. Some people just want some serious changes in this country, I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing.

Who can really decide who is a racist, who is not? According to my own experience growing up as a mixed (white/japanese/Hawaiian) girl, the ones who claims they care about minorities are the biggest racists because they will never allow anybody to forget that they are different. If we are not angry, if we don't view white people as racists, then there must be something wrong with us. I am not saying all liberals are like that, but a lot of them seem to have this type of mentality.

90% of my own family members in this country are white, 100% of my family members in Germany are white. How can I possibly view white as all bad ???!!!!! I view everybody as individual, I don't view people as "color". But it is just me.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-19-2016 at 12:12 PM..

Old 03-19-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by above average bear View Post
ok i'll bite, i admit that racism exists both black and white people are guilty. Now get over it and do what you can do to succeed, many other people have done it, so it's not impossible.
k.....

Old 03-19-2016, 12:07 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,759,997 times
Quote:

Yes.
And please don't forget that before Africans were enslaved and throughout their enslavement, genocide against the 1st people was occurring.
And realize if you will that there is not one group of people in the history of the world (not that i'm aware of anyway) who have done no harm.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Haha, not at all. I have a great life my man, I'm blessed. When I was younger though I do remember going through my own set of troubles and problems, blaming everyone else. Had more trouble with cops then anyone I know back then. You know when that stopped? Woke up in the hospital, staring at the ceiling and thinking "I DID THIS" nobody else. And just like that, life changed.

Things just flowed after that. Never miss a sunrise my friend, seize each and every damn day. Better yourself and never make excuses. You fail, learn from it and keep going. Never blame anyone but yourself because you are the only one you can hold accountable.

Ive moved forward along time ago but you can't just dismiss the past as if it never existed especially when parts of it keeps showing up in today's society. My family were victims of the Jim Crow laws etc they went threw being harassed and having to eat and drink from Black only places. Couldn't attend good schools because they were black. They moved on and made a good life for themselves and there Grand kids. They haven't forgotten though and what they see going on in this election reminds them Somewhat of there past.

I don't dislike white people and I don't see you as the enemy. I just pointed out where the root of the problem started and why it still lives in some people today and how it still plays apart of our government structure.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:09 PM

8,116 posts, read 6,813,875 times
Quote:
k.....
Looks like you are putting about as much effort into your responses as you are at getting over it...carry on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections