Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh, spare us the histrionics! The road was not blocked any more than it might be during rush hour or after a crash. We have road closures for various reasons around here (mostly construction, haha). People manage. Ambulances and emergency personnel could easily pass had they needed to.
You're ok with illegal road blocking/fascist behavior then in our backyard? You can justify this?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:00 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,158,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is it. Sounds like at least 3 of them are in jail now.

https://twitter.com/PuenteAZ
Too bad it wasn't shut down. The things being posted there are really vile.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:01 PM

68,397 posts, read 54,685,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump an American for Americans !!!
Trump, an American who says 85% of the deals he's working on are in other countries. Trump, an American for himself, nobody else.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:01 PM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
I'm for letting the air out of the tires for the vehicles in the pound.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:02 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,158,839 times
Quote:
Oh, spare us the histrionics! The road was not blocked any more than it might be during rush hour or after a crash. We have road closures for various reasons around here (mostly construction, haha). People manage. Ambulances and emergency personnel could easily pass had they needed to.
So, you think it's okay for them to block the road because sometimes accidents block roads? Seriously? Wow! That's some really messed up thinking on your part.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Quote:
Looking at aerials on TV. Wow! Hardly anyone there. This is a city of almost 4 million. We had more at my kids HS graduation. Bernie packed 'em in at his rallies.
If that is true, what's with all this faux outrage about blocking roads, elitists and anarchy?

Just a reason to make hateful comments about the left? Yeah--I thought so.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:03 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,966,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Imagine cruising along the highway when suddenly a big truck stops in the middle of the road the back doors open and a bunch of people start piling out. I would hit the gas fearing it was a terrorist attack.

The Sana Bernadino shooters had a plan to stop traffic like that on the highway then go car to car executing people. The guy was going to be up on a hill with a rifle like a sniper waiting for the first responders to arrive.

I think in the concern for public safety these clowns that chain themselves to cars or barrels to disrupt traffic should be physically pushed to the side of the road. What is sad is they would sue everyone over their bumps bruises and broken bones and probably win.
Good catch there!

IF a car stopped in the middle of the road and a bunch of people jumped and did NOT make any attempt to get OUT of traffic, I'd be likely to put the pedal to the metal and, full speed ahead. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Years ago I'd have stopped, not so sure in 2016.

Last edited by Packard fan; 03-19-2016 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: "Burdell" caught my crossed words and I fixed it.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Arpaio's base of support is older, white and leans far-right. They're also dumber than dirt for voting for a guy who has cost the taxpayers of Maricopa County MILLIONS of dollars in fines and court costs.
As with all dumb white angry racists, they don't care what he or trump does or even say's. As long as he targets the groups they are afraid of he can do what ever he wants and cost the taxpayer whatever it takes. Just don't stop demonizing "those people" and you've got lifetime job security with that crowd.

It's why Trump is their nominee. For 7 years I've had to read on C-D from these characters how Obama has ballooned the deficit and it is destroying the nation but Trump will add 12 trillion to the deficit with his tax plan and suddenly it doesn't matter any more.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:04 PM

68,397 posts, read 54,685,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting---it appears that the Twitter account is now shut down. I'm guessing that they were getting a lot of ---to put it politely --- negative feedback. They can dish it out but they can't take it.
I guess their role model is a certain billionaire candidate for POTUS, eh?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:05 PM

39,179 posts, read 51,527,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You're ok with illegal road blocking/fascist behavior then in our backyard? You can justify this?
I didn't say that. It's illegal and I am not right with it. Had I been out there going to the lake or something I would have been good and pizzed. What I DID say though is stop this BS about babies dying and civilization being stopped in its tracks because a road was backed up for a while. Ever go to Renaissance? Now that is a backup. Pity the thousands of lives lost in Gold Canyon over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections