Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM

17,605 posts, read 9,390,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They arrested three people for disorderly conduct - a misdemeanor. They will be released OR by sundown or Puente Arizona will bail them out. They have to get to the Bernie rally tonight!
Are you sure about that? I read that they towed a total of 8 vehicles (some early and then the ones with the chains/cables) and arrested the drivers. That's bound to be a charge of more than "disorderly conduct" for blocking a divided 6 lane Major Hwy. Perhaps the "disorderly conduct" arrests were from the "protests" in town and not the arrests for Obstructing a Major Hwy for 3 hours.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting---it appears that the Twitter account is now shut down. I'm guessing that they were getting a lot of ---to put it politely --- negative feedback. They can dish it out but they can't take it.
twitter messes up the links sometime - it's not shut down.
google for "twitter @puenteaz"

Check all the tabs on that Soros Funding link -- it's incredible how much of this anarchy stuff he and his buddies are funding. They call them "funding opportunities."

Old 03-19-2016, 03:02 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Quote:
Interesting---it appears that the Twitter account is now shut down. I'm guessing that they were getting a lot of ---to put it politely --- negative feedback. They can dish it out but they can't take it.
Then that just happened in the last hour because I was on there reading it.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:05 PM

22,590 posts, read 12,165,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then that just happened in the last hour because I was on there reading it.
It turned out that the original link given was either wrong or broken. Then someone posted again with one that worked.

I could only look at so much of that link before my blood started boiling.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I'm for a law making highway protest shutdowns a felony.

Good for Arizona for tough laws. If these Lefty airheads would have hindered an ambulance with a resulting disability or casualty, they'd be looking at 7 to 21 years.
Arizona or State Laws might work (I know we have a law against this in Texas) but Federal Law is ignored Daily. Think about the protestors inside the Trump Rallies or the guy that charged the State when Trump was speaking.

He broke a Federal Law ..... and they did nothing. Donald Trump may not know about this law, but you can bet the Secret Service does and they are ignoring it.

In February 2012, the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act was passed in the Senate by unanimous consent and as HR 347 approved by the House of Representatives; the bill was then signed into law by President Obama. The bill makes it illegal knowingly to enter or remain in a restricted building or grounds without legal authority to do so. A restricted building or grounds is defined as a "restricted area" where a person is protected by the US Secret Service- it is a crime, punishable by up to one year in prison, to "knowingly impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions" in locations guarded by the Secret Service, including places where individuals under Secret Service protection are temporarily located.
The revised statute made it easier for the government to criminalize protest.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Too bad it wasn't shut down. The things being posted there are really vile.
All of the Social Justice Warrior twitters are like that. Nasty, vile, vulgar people.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:24 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Arizona or State Laws might work (I know we have a law against this in Texas) but Federal Law is ignored Daily. Think about the protestors inside the Trump Rallies or the guy that charged the State when Trump was speaking.

He broke a Federal Law ..... and they did nothing. Donald Trump may not know about this law, but you can bet the Secret Service does and they are ignoring it.

In February 2012, the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act was passed in the Senate by unanimous consent and as HR 347 approved by the House of Representatives; the bill was then signed into law by President Obama. The bill makes it illegal knowingly to enter or remain in a restricted building or grounds without legal authority to do so. A restricted building or grounds is defined as a "restricted area" where a person is protected by the US Secret Service- it is a crime, punishable by up to one year in prison, to "knowingly impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions" in locations guarded by the Secret Service, including places where individuals under Secret Service protection are temporarily located.
The revised statute made it easier for the government to criminalize protest.
Interesting how the political class can pass laws to protect themselves from the people but have no interest in having or enforcing laws that protect the citizens.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If that is true, what's with all this faux outrage about blocking roads, elitists and anarchy?

Just a reason to make hateful comments about the left? Yeah--I thought so.
Somewhere between 10 and 15 Thousand people at the Trump speech - he may have thought the speech was being held on the side of the Blocked Hwy. (I'm trying to be kind here).

Old 03-19-2016, 03:32 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,729,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
But, trump didn't rent the roads, and the trump followers have been arguing that the protesters had no right to go inside and disrupt the rallies, that they should stay outside. That is what they are doing. I'm not saying it is good or bad, right or wrong. Just that trump followers go their wish - protests are outside of the venues.
Breaking federal laws is what they are doing. Where is our attorney general?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:34 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,389,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Arpaio's base of support is older, white and leans far-right.
Aren't we told everyday that this demographics is no longer enough to elect anyone to office? How long has he been Sheriff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections