Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,504,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I am actually surprised someone hasn't lost it out of frustration and just hit the gas pedal plowing right over these morons. Just a matter of time before that happens, IMO.
I agree, I think it's just a matter of time, perhaps in a big city like NY or Chicago where people seem to be a bit more hyper in general on these types of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes. But this is pretty clever. Their cars "break down" in all the lanes. They sent tow trucks out to remove them. But you can see how something like this could go on and on. It's effective because there are only a couple ways into Fountain Hills.
It's an effective way to get thrown in tent city/arrested too, blocking state/city public highways. And a most ineffective way to overall make a point as they're impacting law abiding citizens/denying their rights. Facebook feed from one of our local news channel says some arrests are being made. Imagine there might be a few citizen status checks too on those arrested.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:53 PM

9,168 posts, read 5,840,773 times
When the Occupy twits blocked roads,
people died trying to get to a hospital.
This crap cannot be tolerated.
All these "protesters" need to spend
a couple of weeks with Sheriff Joe.
The "civility" of the left is amazing.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:58 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,148,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Peaceful protesters should NOT be shot. I didn't see one gun in the pictures of the protesters.

Compare this to the antics of the Bundy family over the last few years, where supporters (protesters) proudly displayed their guns and vowed violence if they didn't get their way.

This is nothing compared to the violence RWNJs use to get their way...
They weren't peaceful. They broke many laws and shut an interstate down. They ultimately had the good sense to call their stunt off before it got out of hand. Next time maybe not.
Your failed analogy with the Bundys was predictable.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:00 PM

24,741 posts, read 17,480,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I am actually surprised someone hasn't lost it out of frustration and just hit the gas pedal plowing right over these morons. Just a matter of time before that happens, IMO.

Imagine cruising along the highway when suddenly a big truck stops in the middle of the road the back doors open and a bunch of people start piling out. I would hit the gas fearing it was a terrorist attack.

The Sana Bernadino shooters had a plan to stop traffic like that on the highway then go car to car executing people. The guy was going to be up on a hill with a rifle like a sniper waiting for the first responders to arrive.

I think in the concern for public safety these clowns that chain themselves to cars or barrels to disrupt traffic should be physically pushed to the side of the road. What is sad is they would sue everyone over their bumps bruises and broken bones and probably win.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:01 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,391,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Actually, I was wrong. I just checked. It's $150 for towing, $150 for Administrative fees, $15 for storage and $30 for a gate fee if you pick up the vehicle during non-business hours.
Not to worry, Soros will pay for all, just like he's paying these groups to protest.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:03 PM

Watching live on our local station. Showing vehicles being carted off on trailers from the main highway into fountain hills. Expensive day for many people who decide to break the law.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:11 PM

39,177 posts, read 51,475,081 times
Looking at aerials on TV. Wow! Hardly anyone there. This is a city of almost 4 million. We had more at my kids HS graduation. Bernie packed 'em in at his rallies.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,287,273 times
So much for Trump bringing people together..........

Old 03-19-2016, 01:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Watching live on our local station. Showing vehicles being carted off on trailers from the main highway into fountain hills. Expensive day for many people who decide to break the law.

It was worth it to those people
Their protest is important to show the world that there are some Americans who will protest against the P.O.S. Trump and his followers.
The entire nation hasn't yet lost it's mind. They give hope to the rest of the world that there is still some sanity left in America.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
[/b]

It was worth it to those people
Their protest is important to show the world that there are some Americans who will protest against the P.O.S. Trump and his followers.
The entire nation hasn't yet lost it's mind. They give hope to the rest of the world that there is still some sanity left in America.
I'm guessing it was worth it to trump also to perhaps get a few more votes/solidify his position to.

But let's face it, the simple reality is people in each corner have their mind made up. Protestors mean nothing other than to feel good about themselves, especially in this day of the paid protestors/various agendas at play. It's become scripted reality. Same with the other side. People will make up their own mind. If anything, people breaking the law to make a point, especially when it takes the rights away from others in doing so(totalitarian/fascist manner), will turn off the "convince" quotient and turn the vast majority of people off. Don't think the intelligence level is there for some to understand this simple fact though. So sure, they are free to break the law/feel it's worth it. It is indeed their right to get arrested, act in a fascist manner, and be largely non-effective in the big picture. And drawing more attention to trump in the end. The irony is almost amusing.

Last edited by stevek64; 03-19-2016 at 01:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections