Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 01:41 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,724,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Protestor in Phoenix
http://tinyurl.com/jd2kh24
That really sums up the story.
There are not here to add value to this country.
They don't want to see America prosper.
They are here to take and receive to support Mexico and other countries they come from.
If Hillary is elected we won't have a country anymore and a path for the U.N. to rule the America Continents pole to pole. Weaken and take over the strongest and rest will go easier. Reject these globalist !!!

Old 03-19-2016, 01:42 PM

33,603 posts, read 18,250,564 times
I wonder if they are protesting the wall for fear of stopping the drugs from getting here.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:42 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually.....there are numerous people protesting Herr Trump who are there independently. They are not associated with any "pro illegal group". Your hero is not universally loved by the citizens of Arizona.
When did I say there weren't other protestors there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The roadblocks were done by Puente Arizona which is an illegal alien advocacy group.
Yep.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:46 PM

17,506 posts, read 9,333,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Actually, I was wrong. I just checked. It's $150 for towing, $150 for Administrative fees, $15 for storage and $30 for a gate fee if you pick up the vehicle during non-business hours.
That's $15 for storage PER DAY - it's Saturday.
No way they can get their vehicle back until next week. A then come the fines and court costs for Obstructing a Major Highway.

No wonder the group behind all this is Begging for MONEY.

Looks like the George Soros funded anarchists are determined to make sure Trump wins Arizona.
Soros and his buddies are neck deep in all these Anarchy groups they like to call "peaceful protesters".
Scroll to the bottom of the funder page to see who is sponsoring all this - notice that the Mobs is Arizona today and the Mobs in New York City that are shutting down shopping/commerce are using exactly the SAME Signs.

Puente AZ twitter feed
Funders for Justice

The shut down a Major Hwy for almost 3 hours. They set up vehicles as barricades and then chained themselves to the open car doors. This also shut down access for all vehicles (only route) into an entire area. This was miles away from where Trump was supposed to speak ..... the entire purpose was to prevent an essential right - the right of assembly. These were not "protestors" out in the middle of nowhere - nothing to protest out there. They wanted to stop the expected 10,000 people on their way to the Trump Rally. Can you imagine how many people are FED-UP with this MOB of Thugs?

Old 03-19-2016, 01:48 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,108,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
[/b]

It was worth it to those people
Their protest is important to show the world that there are some Americans who will protest against the P.O.S. Trump and his followers.
The entire nation hasn't yet lost it's mind. They give hope to the rest of the world that there is still some sanity left in America.
What a vile comment^

"It was worth it to those people"? Seriously? And that makes it okay?

It's okay that they may have prevented someone who was seriously ill from getting to the hospital? It's okay with you that a parent couldn't get somewhere to pick up their young child who may well be left unsupervised as a result?

These protesters are the ones who "lost [their] minds". It's one thing to peacefully protest---no matter how vile the protesters are---it's another thing to do something that deliberately could put lives at risk.

25,681 posts, read 17,454,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually.....there are numerous people protesting Herr Trump who are there independently. They are not associated with any "pro illegal group". Your hero is not universally loved by the citizens of Arizona.
Won't matter much.
Arizona tilted Democrat in '96, but Republican ever since, and by a wide margin, too. Typically 6 - 8%. And as much as Hispanics protest against Sheriff Joe, they haven't been able to dislodge him.

Can Hispanics carry the day? Doubtful. Surprisingly, only 21% of Arizonans declare themselves to be Hispanic:
Arizona Polling Results - One America News Network

Arizona has 58 delegates. Trump will collect them and move on. Meanwhile outrage will grow over what the radicals have tried to do.
They have shot themselves in the foot.

7,068 posts, read 6,498,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You make some valid points.

But I make the comparison of the Arizona Trump protesters similar to Trump saying that Romney isn't really a Mormon. Trump knows before he opens his mouth that it is a false statement but he also knows that it will get him worldwide media coverage just for saying it.
Same for the protesters. they know they will get arrested. But they have to speak out in defiance to the Trump barrage and blocking the highway will get them worldwide media attention and show the world that all of America doesn't agree with the trump ideology and the direction he wants to take the nation.

I say, Hurrah for them.
Sure, these are all politicians in the end, innuendo and garbage is spewed by all the them.

I'm all for protestors to speak their mind. If I agree/disagree with them, it doesn't matter, that's a right they have and should have, yes. But.....I have a big problem when their "protest" takes the rights away from other people, like blocking a major state highway. That highway they blocked winds up to many towns in that part of AZ. Smaller towns, yes, but people live there, have lives, jobs, business to attend to, things to do, and shouldn't have THEIR rights taken away for the sake of others who decide it's ok to break the law and call it "just protesting". This is not protesting anymore, but instead just turned quickly into fascism/totalitarian behavior, taking the rights away from others. It's no longer protesting. And this is what I am staunchly against. I trust(hope?) you feel the same way. What if someone was having an medical emergency and couldn't get through this nonsense? A kid broke their arm and is in pain but can't get through/stuck in traffic on the way to an emergency center because of these fascists? I think you get my point. Regardless on how one feels about trump, sanders, hillary, etc., there's enough of information in droves that people have to form their view on and vote accordingly. When protesting turns into something far different, fascism/totalitarian behavior, that does nothing good for any side and that's what we have here when a pro illegal alien group blocks state highway 87 in AZ. Not cool! And that's not protesting!

Old 03-19-2016, 01:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,950,449 times
I'll say this: the Trump haters are making more and more enemies with this kind of crap.

I was looking at the Comments after a Phoenix TV channel about that protest: even many "liberals" have said those Trump haters have now gone too far by their endangering people.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:51 PM

17,506 posts, read 9,333,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If Sheriff Joe is one of the 'local authorities'--then they definitely aren't smart.
Sheriff Joe is the ONLY "authority" in that area - the Rally was in Sheriff Joe's home town - Fountain Hills, and they have no local police there. It took time to clear the road because of the chains and cables the anarchists were using to chain themselves to open vehicle doors. They didn't have the equipment to cut the chains/steel cables and couldn't tow the vehicles with a Body attached on the outside of an open door.

The Rally was delayed, but not stopped. The obstructed Hwy was only one of the obstructed Roads. They had a wall of protestors in several places around town.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:52 PM

264 posts, read 152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The roadblocks were done by Puente Arizona which is an illegal alien advocacy group.
Funded by rich extreme left progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections