Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 01:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why the misleading title? He asked in jest if hes a Mormon as a compliment to Mormons who wouldnt run such a bad campaign.
More of "what Trump really meant."

What's the 'jest' part? Are Mormons known for running good political campaigns?

Sorry--but his intention is to cast doubt on Romney's Mormon credentials because he endorsed Cruz in Utah.

More of Trump's negative and hypocritical campaign tactics. Jeb was right about one thing--Trump cannot insult his way to the presidency. It's not going to fly with most of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 01:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
More of "what Trump really meant."

What's the 'jest' part? Are Mormons known for running good political campaigns?

Sorry--but his intention is to cast doubt on Romney's Mormon credentials because he endorsed Cruz in Utah.

More of Trump's negative and hypocritical campaign tactics.
Well, let's be fair. If not for negative campaigning Trump would have nothing. Take away the insults and the negative stereotyping and that would leave Trump mute. (And isn't that a lovely thought?)

Old 03-19-2016, 01:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It was not enough that Trump claimed Cruz wasn't Christain enough or questioned that Ben Carson's religion was a real one, now he is questioning whether Romney is really a Mormon.
"I have many friends that live in Salt Lake. I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of friends. By the way, Mitt Romney is not one of them,” Trump told a crowd of supporters at the Infinity Events Center. “Did he choke? Did this guy choke? He’s a choke artist, I can’t believe. Are you sure he’s a Mormon? Are we sure?”

Best of all, at one point his blurb started out like he was talking to a Jewish group. Only thing I can conclude is that he forgot which religious minority group he was talking to, after all, what do Jewish friends have to do with Mormons? Got to give him credit, he did try to tap dance out of it.
"I have a couple of friends, I have actually one who’s Jewish and he loves ... the Mormons, he loves the Mormons,” Trump said. “... And I have so many friends, I’ve had many Mormons work for me and they give to the church and they constantly give. Sometimes I make the payment directly to the church. They say they don't want to be tempted by keeping the money.”

“They’re amazing people and it’s an honor to be with you tonight, those of you that are Mormons,” Trump added later."An honor. I love you."

Trump goes after Romney in Utah
LOL, does he not like them if they aren't Mormon?

Really, I'm surprised he didn't start trying to say quotes from the Book of Morman. How does this guy keep getting away with this kind of crap?
It sure seemed like he was kidding about it.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Trump makes another idiotic statement and his fawning followers rush to defend him. Lol....another episode of Life in the Cult.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:40 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Entire speech here.

Romney part starts at 5:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6hUb36qBgI

Old 03-19-2016, 01:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
And like any good cult....they rush to post their propaganda films. ROTFL at how programmed Herr Trump's fawning groupies are.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:03 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,538 times
Well i'm not really sure what Trumps convoluted banter was meant to accomplish but I don't see it as any big deal.

I'm sure Romney is a real Mormon.I'm sure religion isn't something Trump really cares anything about or knows about.I'll accept Cruz at his word that hes as big a fundamentalist christian as he claims to be.Most fundamentalist christians do find both Ben Carsons Seventh Day Adventist faith,and Romneys Mormonism, to be odd and misguided at the least and the height of heresy and outside of christianity at the most.Where Cruz falls on this scale I have no idea.

I doubt questioning Romneys faith in Utah will help Trump there but I doubt it will hurt him any either.Trump isn't real popular with many Mormans regardless.I doubt if Romney endorsed Trump it would make any real difference either.Romneys not a church leader.

Trumps problem in Utah is that no one believes he cares about religion so he therefore doesn't really care about things like Gay marriage and abortion therefore they prefer someone like Cruz who does,overlooking the fact that Cruz likely considers them all heretics doomed to Hell.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 14,675,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You can try to spin it anyway you want, it's offensive.
The only person that could possibly have been offended was Romney. Which was exactly what Trump intended.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:09 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
What a riot! Thanks for posting this, I needed a good belly laugh.

And some Trumpbot here tried to claim that Trump is a devout christian!

Two Corinthians walked into a Trump rally...

Someone help me out here, I just *know* there's a good joke in the vicinity.

Donny's just jealous because Mitt's got magic underwear and he doesn't.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:09 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Entire speech here.

Romney part starts at 5:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6hUb36qBgI
From what I saw, the audience wasn't bothered by anything Trump had to say.

Thanks for posting the clip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections