Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 08:40 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You did once say that back in '08 that you voted against the "bomb them all old man and the ditz" and haven't voted since. I've pointed this out to you before and you said nothing. If I'm wrong and you didn't vote that way in '08, then say so.
And YOU alleged "So says the person who has admitted to only voting once in his life", a work of pure fiction created by YOU, who'll I'll note said NOTHING to defend your LIE in your reply above.

Well, you most certainly posted a LIE about me and I'm calling you on it.

Support your allegation factually or own it for the LIE that it is.
Are you saying that you always vote in each presidential election from the time you were able to vote? And did you say that you voted against "the bomb them all old man and the ditz"?

If it is indeed wrong, then I will admit it to being wrong.

I did look through the postings. It's quite possible that all this was said in a thread that disappeared, so be it. I see that you said you haven't supported anyone for president this year. Has that changed? After all, I don't want to misstate anything. All I've seen is that you hate Trump and haven't seen you praise any candidate. Am I wrong about that? If so, let me know.

My question to you is---why did you wait so long to correct this misconception? I'm calling you on that.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-20-2016 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It was not enough that Trump claimed Cruz wasn't Christain enough or questioned that Ben Carson's religion was a real one, now he is questioning whether Romney is really a Mormon.
"I have many friends that live in Salt Lake. I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of friends. By the way, Mitt Romney is not one of them,” Trump told a crowd of supporters at the Infinity Events Center. “Did he choke? Did this guy choke? He’s a choke artist, I can’t believe. Are you sure he’s a Mormon? Are we sure?”

Best of all, at one point his blurb started out like he was talking to a Jewish group. Only thing I can conclude is that he forgot which religious minority group he was talking to, after all, what do Jewish friends have to do with Mormons? Got to give him credit, he did try to tap dance out of it.
"I have a couple of friends, I have actually one who’s Jewish and he loves ... the Mormons, he loves the Mormons,” Trump said. “... And I have so many friends, I’ve had many Mormons work for me and they give to the church and they constantly give. Sometimes I make the payment directly to the church. They say they don't want to be tempted by keeping the money.”

“They’re amazing people and it’s an honor to be with you tonight, those of you that are Mormons,” Trump added later."An honor. I love you."

Trump goes after Romney in Utah
LOL, does he not like them if they aren't Mormon?

Really, I'm surprised he didn't start trying to say quotes from the Book of Morman. How does this guy keep getting away with this kind of crap?
After "Two Corinthians" I am not surprised about anything he says.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:46 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
donny's just jealous because mitt's got magic underwear and he doesn't.
:d

Old 03-20-2016, 03:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Why does he constantly say things TWICE in nearly every sentence? Who is he trying to convince?
his way of collecting, organizing his thoughts - his way of collecting, organizing his thoughts,
figuring what he'll say next, figuring what he'll say next......

Old 03-20-2016, 04:28 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The only person that could possibly have been offended was Romney. Which was exactly what Trump intended.
Wrong, many Mormons were very offended - remember, Romney was a church elder in LDS. He also was crazy popular in Utah - 93% in 2012 primary, and 72% in 2012 general election.

Mick

Old 03-20-2016, 04:31 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Another Trump hater thread which accomplishes absolutely, nothing except to waste peoples time. If you're gonna start a thread, make it about something new and interesting.
How absurd - this thread is about a statement Mr. Trump made a day ago. It is new and interesting.

Mick

Old 03-20-2016, 04:32 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
We don't care what he says.
We don't care if someone is outraged.
It's better if he doesn't have a basement.
The basement dweller anti Trumps would want to move in. Next they would demand free Obamacare and want it delivered in their basement along with free pizzas.
Romney is a choker, globalist, and pied piper of fools. He doesn't believe in turn the other cheek. He believes in spread your cheeks and anti Trumps easily comply following the elites every wish on command.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,255,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly with lying witch Hillary whom most mature people I know both sides, do not trust her as far as they can throw her.
Obviously you don't know many "mature" people who aren't Right Wingnut jobs. Maybe you should broaden your circle of acquaintances.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,143,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There is nothing misleading about it. I'm sorry, those were HIS words, not mine. What you think is jest, I see as trying to get people to question Romney's credibility and a smear against him. Romney's religion is, like Cruz's and Carson's are to them, an important part of his self-identity.
I would ask the same thing to be honest. Isn't HONESTY and INTEGRITY part of the Mormon faith? Why yes, yes it is. So how does that square with Romney's words/actions?
IT DOESN'T. So either Romney isn't a "true" Mormon or he's breaking his faith for political gain. THAT is sad.

I get that some really,really,really hate Trump and will wind up their false outrage just to push a point but can we at least think a little bit first?

Old 03-20-2016, 10:26 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,454,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Wrong, many Mormons were very offended - remember, Romney was a church elder in LDS. He also was crazy popular in Utah - 93% in 2012 primary, and 72% in 2012 general election.

Mick
How do you know that 'many Mormons' were offended?I'm a Mormon,I wasn't offended nor was anyone else I know,and I probably know more Mormons than you.Trump isn't popular among people I know in the church but most aren't real fond of Cruz where I live either.I always thought Romney was a good guy but after fawning all over Trump four years ago to now act like hes the 'Republican antichrist' makes Romney look like a total hypocrite and party hack.Most people i've talked to aren't real fond of Romneys actions either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections