Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 08:38 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,972,671 times

Advertisements

Who knew Donald Trump had an older sister who was a Federal Judge in Philly?

She has been sent a threatening letter-this is after a similar letter was sent to Trump's son in New York this past Thursday.

I think this is uncalled for, and I really hope people settle down overall. Emotions are running high this election.

Donald Trump's sister, like son, receives threatening letter

Trump's sister threatened in letter sent to her in Philly, report says | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 08:46 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,145,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

She has been sent a threatening letter-this is after a similar letter was sent to Trump's son in New York this past Thursday.

I think this is uncalled for, and I really hope people settle down overall. Emotions are running high this election.

Donald Trump's sister, like son, receives threatening letter

Trump's sister threatened in letter sent to her in Philly, report says | NJ.com
They need to cut this BS out. Ridiculous.

Yes, Donald's sister is a Federal judge for the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. In an unusual move, Bill Clinton nominated her even though she is a Republican. Hmmm.

Mick

Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,715,397 times
We expected this. This is what people do when their power and control is threatened.
Many of us remember when Ross Perot ran. The same thing happened to him and IMO that was one of the reasons he suspended his run for office. Then when he started up again he had loss so much support he couldn't win.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 AM

264 posts, read 152,226 times
Our election process has taken on a new twist and it's not a pretty one.

And LE is hesitant to shut it down because the majority of protesters are minorities.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:00 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,922,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We expected this. This is what people do when their power and control is threatened.
Many of us remember when Ross Perot ran. The same thing happened to him and IMO that was one of the reasons he suspended his run for office. Then when he started up again he had loss so much support he couldn't win.
Hmmm sounds familiar

Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 AM

20,133 posts, read 16,227,614 times
Quote:
Who knew? Anyone who paid attention, is who. He has mentioned her in numerous debates and she has been discussed on TV and on the Internet. Her rulings have leaned heavily liberal. He has said she is very qualified to sit on the Supreme Court and, last time I heard him discuss the topic, has not ruled out nominating her if he is president. I do suspect that is either something he has or will walk back from if questioned too much. As always, it's hard to say what he'd actually do.

Quote:

Of course it is uncalled for. It is not, however, surprising. Trump is an extremely divisive candadite who stirs up strong feelings both pro and con. You can't poke a wasp's nest and not expect to be stung. Given that he has said family members are not just reasonable targets when striking out at your enemy, but the most effective way of dealing with them, it is not really surprising that his family members are considered fair targets to those against him.

It isn't right, the people doing it are absolutely wrong, but he has helped created this situation.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM

264 posts, read 152,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Who knew? Anyone who paid attention, is who. He has mentioned her in numerous debates and she has been discussed on TV and on the Internet. Her rulings have leaned heavily liberal. He has said she is very qualified to sit on the Supreme Court and, last time I heard him discuss the topic, has not ruled out nominating her if he is president. I do suspect that is either something he has or will walk back from if questioned too much. As always, it's hard to say what he'd actually do.

Of course it is uncalled for. It is not, however, surprising. Trump is an extremely divisive candadite who stirs up strong feelings both pro and con. You can't poke a wasp's nest and not expect to be stung. Given that he has said family members are not just reasonable targets when striking out at your enemy, but the most effective way of dealing with them, it is not really surprising that his family members are considered fair targets to those against him.

It isn't right, the people doing it are absolutely wrong, but he has helped created this situation.
Trump threatens the BAU of the 2 party system. I suspect both R and D behind this.

This is exactly what happened to Ross Perot. The similarities to what is going on is striking.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,972,671 times
Quote:

I'll be honest-I don't pay attention much to the Trump show.

Interesting she was originally appointed to Federal judgeship by Ronald Reagan though, despite her "liberal rulings".

Good point on the bolded. "What's good for the goose..."

Old 03-21-2016, 10:11 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,652,895 times
Quote:

You're way off. Trump's comment on targetting family members of enemies was in reference to terrorists, not US political races.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:17 AM

20,133 posts, read 16,227,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You're way off. Trump's comment on targetting family members of enemies was in reference to terrorists, not US political races.
And?

It is not clear at this juncture who is sending the letters. It may very well be terrorists. Regardless, he is the one that introduced to idea of going after family members, saying it is more effect than targeting the person themselves, it is not a stretch that whoever did this took his advice. If you are sending out threatening letters you've already taken liberty with the ordinary rules of participating in an election, what is crossing one more line?

It is wrong, the person doing it is wrong, but he has helped create this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections