Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 06:07 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

I don't think Cruz was joking in this video about wanting to rule the world. I think by that age, he was already delusional having had a father that claims from age 4, he told Ted how he was an "anointed" and some chosen entity which I have heard people comment and say that borders on child abuse. It is the best way to have your child develop Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I had not paid that much attention, and I don't think many have, to exactly what Heidi Cruz was a part of and how it connected to elements of what Cruz was preaching. Can't you see Ted being chosen to be promoted when they saw how power hungry he was and is?

Here is the clip for those that haven't seen it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgkTIF6gtU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
There is NOTHING awful enough that he will do that can keep stupid Texans from giving him a seat in the senate for as long as he wants it. We're stuck with this creep for life.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:44 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Ted Cruz A Globalist Like His Wife? What Is Ted Cruz? "

This is the story, this is "the beans", not some gossip publication. CFR is all about more open borders, more low wages for citizens and more benefits to institutions like Goldman Sachs. Like the Clintons, Heidi and Ted are open border free trading globalists. We are finally being given a chance to try and break the cycle, I say we go for it. Remember, sometimes gifts come wrapped in strange packages.
Guess you didn't "break the cycle". Cancun. Cruz proved you guys right. Score 1 for the OP.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:33 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Ted Cruz will be what he believes he needs to be to become President.

The comparison to the Clintons is true enough- Cruz wants to be President, and whatever get him the job is what he will become. The Clintons were completely mercenary, and it worked for him. But being mercenary is a typical trait most Presidential aspirants possess. Most don't cover their ambition so thickly in a blanket of religion as Cruz, and even fewer try to whine their way into the White House.

Blind ambition wrapped up in a big unctuous, righteous, greasy package.

Cruz is an intelligent man, according to his record, but he never displays much of it. He makes me think his intelligence is an invented fiction, much like Trump's financial wizardry.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:45 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Cruz is basically a slug. No chance, I mean absolute zero chance, of ever becoming president.

He stays in his do-nothing senate seat because Texas is gerrymandered to elect only Rs.

But even us Texans are ashamed of him. If some crazy guy/gal primaries him, we would all be glad.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:01 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
He is a political, self-serving, hypocritical opportunist like the whole lot of them are. On both sides.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Cruz is basically a slug. No chance, I mean absolute zero chance, of ever becoming president.

He stays in his do-nothing senate seat because Texas is gerrymandered to elect only Rs.

But even us Texans are ashamed of him. If some crazy guy/gal primaries him, we would all be glad.
Gerrymanders only affect US House and state legislative seats. Senate seats are decided statewide.

That said he only won by 2.5% in 2018 when Rs elsewhere all but swept. I can't imagine he's become any more popular in the last 2 years 4 months. By 2024 he should be in for a real battle if the state keeps inching Dem. He won by 215k votes and the state adds 140k new US residents every year. The transplanted Californians alone might be able to sink his ship.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:37 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ted Cruz will be what he believes he needs to be to become President.

The comparison to the Clintons is true enough- Cruz wants to be President, and whatever get him the job is what he will become. The Clintons were completely mercenary, and it worked for him. But being mercenary is a typical trait most Presidential aspirants possess. Most don't cover their ambition so thickly in a blanket of religion as Cruz, and even fewer try to whine their way into the White House.

Blind ambition wrapped up in a big unctuous, righteous, greasy package.

Cruz is an intelligent man, according to his record, but he never displays much of it. He makes me think his intelligence is an invented fiction, much like Trump's financial wizardry.
Well said. Cruz is both ambitious and intelligent.

Problem is, he's also incredibly arrogant and pompous. Cruz pretty much alienates many people who has had the (dis)pleasure of working with him from college days to today because he's the smartest guy in the room and never lets you forget it.

He so put off his colleagues in the George W. Bush 2000 campaign that he was "rewarded" with a post in the FTC, whereas his other colleagues would be considered for posts IN the White House.

Cruz is not too popular with his Senate colleagues, either (of either party).

Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Uniparty is why millions of every party voted for outsider Trump.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:44 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well said. Cruz is both ambitious and intelligent.

Problem is, he's also incredibly arrogant and pompous. Cruz pretty much alienates many people who has had the (dis)pleasure of working with him from college days to today because he's the smartest guy in the room and never lets you forget it.

He so put off his colleagues in the George W. Bush 2000 campaign that he was "rewarded" with a post in the FTC, whereas his other colleagues would be considered for posts IN the White House.

Cruz is not too popular with his Senate colleagues, either (of either party).
Lindsay Graham once had a quote that if Ted Cruz was murdered on the Senate floor and a trail held in the Senate, the murderer would not be convicted. When Lindsay Graham is dunking on your for a lack or friends and unlikability you need undertake a serious self assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies