Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2016, 01:50 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
4,204 posts, read 2,345,498 times
Reputation: 2358

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
More people watch the news since Trump is a contender. The media makes more money - you really think they want to see him fail? Why would they? They made him into the contender that he is today due to nonstop coverage of him - no other candidate gets the amount of exposure he gets.
The media wants Trump to win, of course for ratings. They just pretend that Trump is offensive, because they are clueless. Trump doesn't offend anyone. People loves when he shoots his mouth off. It's entertaining.

We have a president obama, who always thinks before he speaks. Where has that gotten anyone?

 
Old 04-01-2016, 01:54 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
4,204 posts, read 2,345,498 times
Reputation: 2358
Nobody crafts a sentence like Obama. He is so careful about what he says.

But Obama watches baseball games with the Castros while American citizens are being mopped off an airport floor.

Obama thinks it's a good idea to bring in more Syrian refugees even after the European disaster.

I will take my chances with Trump.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM
 
11,848 posts, read 5,823,197 times
Reputation: 14280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
More people watch the news since Trump is a contender. The media makes more money - you really think they want to see him fail? Why would they? They made him into the contender that he is today due to nonstop coverage of him - no other candidate gets the amount of exposure he gets.

Come on buc - the media including Fox is owned by the establishment. There is no way Murdock wants Trump to win especially given it's falling ratings due to Fox pushing establishment candidates since day 1 - Christie, Fiorina, JEB, Rubio, the disaster of the debates and Megan Kelley. They would rather a Hillary win than a Trump win. One of the only Trump supporters is Eric Bolling on the Five.

The media did not make him into a contender. Rather Trump used the media to garner free airtime.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Mountain Home, ID
1,956 posts, read 3,639,375 times
Reputation: 2435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The media wants Trump to win, of course for ratings. They just pretend that Trump is offensive, because they are clueless. Trump doesn't offend anyone. People loves when he shoots his mouth off. It's entertaining.

We have a president obama, who always thinks before he speaks. Where has that gotten anyone?
Now I know you're either a troll or a Poe.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:00 PM
 
7,580 posts, read 5,335,867 times
Reputation: 9449
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think at this point, they are just embarrassing themselves or should be, if they were capable of shame.

The stuff they come up with is SO stupid. Reminds of a junior high school student attitude and best dealt with in the same manner, shake your head and just move on.

Trump 2016!
I don't know what alter universe that you live in but the only one embarrassing themselves, although it appears that Trump isn't self-aware enough to recognize it is Trump! The media start these infantile twitter wars that Trump has engaged in. It isn't the media that has invented the SO stupid and embarrassing speeches, policy statements and just really, really dumb remarks that have come out of Trump's mouth. That's all Trumps doing.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:04 PM
 
9,981 posts, read 8,601,950 times
Reputation: 5664
who knows. the media is fake, the polls are fake, the voting is fake,
the news is fake... but the anger is real.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:09 PM
 
18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Reputation: 14688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The media wants Trump to win, of course for ratings. They just pretend that Trump is offensive, because they are clueless. Trump doesn't offend anyone. People loves when he shoots his mouth off. It's entertaining.

We have a president obama, who always thinks before he speaks. Where has that gotten anyone?
I think what you meant to say is there isn't anyone Trump doesn't offend.

Trump has been the one who makes sure he keeps his name in the news day in and day out. He purposely makes outrageous statements because he knows it will be covered, and then he himself goes to the networks to get on air and make sure to keep it on top of the news.

As one veteran producer said, “He’ll throw a hand grenade in, and then will come to us to talk about it.”

How Donald Trump Bent Television To His Will - BuzzFeed News

If there is Trump fatigue starting to set in--and I believe there is--it's all Trump's own doing.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:09 PM
 
684 posts, read 515,683 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I don't know what alter universe that you live in but the only one embarrassing themselves, although it appears that Trump isn't self-aware enough to recognize it is Trump! The media start these infantile twitter wars that Trump has engaged in. It isn't the media that has invented the SO stupid and embarrassing speeches, policy statements and just really, really dumb remarks that have come out of Trump's mouth. That's all Trumps doing.

I've listened to Trump speak many times and often I agree with what he says and think he does "get it" but what I find interesting is that many people and the media are astonished he has even said some of the things he has said as they are so un-PC.

Stupid... I wouldn't say much that comes from Trump is stupid.. but I will say he is vague on many policy issues but as I've said before I'd rather have vagueness than out right empty fals promises like what we've had from both sides for decades.

This recent abortion issue is another spin on something taken out of context and simply being used to attack Trump. The question is simple "IF" abortion is illegal and that means against the law and a women has one then Trump was asked if the woman should be held responsible or partially guilty and he said yes. I agree because the woman would have knowingly broken the law along with any doctor who preformed it, however if abortion is legal then its a non-issue.

If all the people who don't want a wall think thats a good idea then why do they support having passports, border crossing points, immigration laws and all the other "Police" things we have in place? As Trump simply questions "Do we or do we not have laws?" if we don't then we don't need a border wall but if we do have laws and immigration and check points then we need to enforce those laws and secure the border and build a wall to help enforce the laws.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:15 PM
 
7,580 posts, read 5,335,867 times
Reputation: 9449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
some of the things he has said as they are so un-PC.
No just plain old fashioned stupid.

If you support Trump that is your right. If what he says and how he says it resonates with you, well its America.
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:21 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
4,204 posts, read 2,345,498 times
Reputation: 2358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think what you meant to say is there isn't anyone Trump doesn't offend.

Trump has been the one who makes sure he keeps his name in the news day in and day out. He purposely makes outrageous statements because he knows it will be covered, and then he himself goes to the networks to get on air and make sure to keep it on top of the news.

As one veteran producer said, “He’ll throw a hand grenade in, and then will come to us to talk about it.”

How Donald Trump Bent Television To His Will - BuzzFeed News

If there is Trump fatigue starting to set in--and I believe there is--it's all Trump's own doing.
OMG - Trump is so offensive. I can't believe that Lewendowski video. I have to kick my teen aged sons out of the room, when the video comes on.

OMG - Trump retweeted a man calling Megyn a bimbo. The horror of it all!!! This is so dangerous and may get Americans killed.

OMG - I know abortion will never ever be banned in America. But Trump said he would punish women, then 10 minutes later took it back. How offensive. Such shocking behavior by a president.

He should be more like Obama. Answer hypothetical questions about abortion. Obama is so presidential. He is doing such a great job. All the world leaders respect him so much lol.

What is really offensive is Hillary's email scandal. Obama doing the tango. Give me a break. Obama is lecturing Americans about Islamaphobia the day after Belgium, and Trump is offensive for calling Rosie a fat pig?

Give me a break !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top