Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 01:34 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,545 times

Advertisements

If you know how the process works... Cruz and Kasich will pick up some delegates on the second and third ballots. And Trump will lose some. But Cruz or Kasich won't be close to 1237 either.

4th ballot, they will run from Cruz and Trump. Say hello to a Haley/Rubio ticket.

It's the fresh faces the GOP says we deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 01:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He knows. Cruz is the one that's in for a suprise. Ted Cruz has 0 chance in a contested convention.
I agree. A local news columnist put it this way: The GOP is giving Cruz enough rope to hang Trump.

Come convention time they'll recall that rope.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:02 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Interesting article, along the same lines as Nate Silver's It's probably first ballot or bust for Donald Trump at the GOP Convention:
Trump is increasingly having to face the reality that he stands a great chance of losing the nomination if he enters the convention with anything less than a clear majority of delegates. I think it's beginning to dawn on him that they won't change the rules just to prevent his followers from throwing a hissy fit.
Hence the request for Open Carry at the convention . . . .

Mick

Old 04-02-2016, 02:05 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
If you know how the process works... Cruz and Kasich will pick up some delegates on the second and third ballots. And Trump will lose some. But Cruz or Kasich won't be close to 1237 either.

4th ballot, they will run from Cruz and Trump. Say hello to a Haley/Rubio ticket.

It's the fresh faces the GOP says we deserve.
Really? Kasich seems like exactly the kind of Republican that the establishment would find perfect (well, besides all the compassion for the poor non-sense). And he can definitely beat Hillary, but for the fact that Trump supporters would not vote for the Republican nominee at that point.

Mick

Old 04-02-2016, 02:11 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Dexter has to support Trump as the best way to put someone out of the picture is to be silent about them. For instance, look at how few threads there have been on Cruz and look at how many delegates he has.

I think the deal has been made and everyone is more or less happy with it. Throw Cruz under the bus, where he belongs and run Trump/Kasich. I'd vote that ticket as would many others.

I think most of the opposition right now is coming from Hillary's camp, the Bush-Clinton dynasty.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:13 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Really? Kasich seems like exactly the kind of Republican that the establishment would find perfect (well, besides all the compassion for the poor non-sense). And he can definitely beat Hillary, but for the fact that Trump supporters would not vote for the Republican nominee at that point.

Mick
Cruz supporters wouldn't vote Kasich either. That's over 75% of Republican voters between Trump/Cruz.

The GOP doesn't really like Kasich much either. Nikki Haley and Rubio - apple of their eyes.

When voters scream Trump or Cruz, the GOP hears Haley/Rubio. They can decide for us.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:54 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
The end is drawing near for the reality show circus clown and I can't wait to watch the epic collapse

Delegates ready to flee Trump at contested convention - POLITICO
Contested convention ?

After Trump annihilates Mr.Haney in the Northeast, he will be close to 1000 delegates. California is his as well and New Jersey is a lock for Trump.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
The end is drawing near for the reality show circus clown and I can't wait to watch the epic collapse

Delegates ready to flee Trump at contested convention - POLITICO
GOP is doing a heck of a job destroying the nations faith in American democracy.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Bye

Most the "Republicans" voting for Trump are RINO, closet liberals anyways. The more of them who leave, the better.
Obviously you don't know that being a Republican fits on a sliding scale ... not every one is as right-wing as the liar you support.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
And I can't wait to flee the Republican Party.
I'm right with ya ... if Trump is anywhere near 1,237 and gets denied, there is no GOP party in my eyes and I'll follow Trump as an Independent. If he chooses not to run, chalk one up for HRC/Bernie and none of the GOPers on my ballot will get a vote.

Respecting the will of the people is obviously not in their game plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections